• The September 2024 Lotus Emira Photo of the Month contest is underway! Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 September 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

USA/Canada Delivery Thread

Another very tin foil theory is that the V6 supply from Toyota is finite and what they have are the last of them, which they offered final supply by doing FE 2.0 to get them out of the way. And, base will only be offered in i4.
Finite supply implies that depression with be extremely low or non-Existent…
Congratulations the luck few 700 + 600

Agreed! I got shit-bagged on here a week or so ago for saying that my dealer suggested that the cars could leave port and stay at the dealership, provided that the cars were not released to customers until CARB certification.
Its a bold strategy, forcing dealers to wire the funds to Lotus while at the same time not being able to deliver to end customer.

Is this lotus being desperate for funds/cash flow in preparation for PR statements around their SPAC?
The US 400 funds saved Lotus on paper to be interesting enough of an acquisition by Geely (Aston/PSA back then too), same thing here?

Finally remembered the highest profit market is the US? better actually ship something over?

The GM at Lotus Cape Fear reached out to me this evening to let me know that my Emira is "on the water" and that once it arrives to port, it will be brought to the dealership and stored inside until CARB certification is completed.

I inquired how many he was expecting to arrive to the dealership, and (I believe) he told me 8 total units, with 7 being FE1's and one being the store's demo unit.

It's real, y'all. The wait has been quite an experience, but -- at least for us early depositors - - the end is in sight.....I can't believe a few days ago there were people saying Lotus was going to abandon the NA market. 🤣
At least until we find out someone messed up the CARB paperwork and it’s back of the line so they’re putting the cars back on the boat for a return trip 🤣.

Its a bold strategy, forcing dealers to wire the funds to Lotus while at the same time not being able to deliver to end customer.

Is this lotus being desperate for funds/cash flow in preparation for PR statements around their SPAC?
The US 400 funds saved Lotus on paper to be interesting enough of an acquisition by Geely (Aston/PSA back then too), same thing here?

Finally remembered the highest profit market is the US? better actually ship something over?
Don’t know the reason but some dealerships are sorting the cars in buildings 😊, better than sitting at the port . In addition the cars can be checked for known issues.
Customers can go look at their cars which is a good thing. Lucky bastards🎊

How many ships are delivering the FE 1.0 allocations? Is it 3 total and one hasn't left yet? I'm wondering because my dealer said my VIN was not on the boat. Which I'm also glad because the later is arrives the less it's sitting at the dealer being a show piece for others 😅

Just checked with my dealer and apparently, my car is not on the boat(s) yet. It is actually good. Give me more time to enjoy my supra (which is also delayed).
On a side note, who can believe it will take Toyota 45 days to clear the Port of Long Beach? The Supra has been on rail since Nov 20th, and it has still not arrived in WA yet... Unbelievable. If Toyota needs 45 days to clear US customs, good luck with Lotus (who has not passed CARB certification yet or is illegal to sell in 13 states)...

I was relaying word for word what was stated in yesterday's conference.

We've just received word that 25 Emira are currently en route to the U.S. for our dealership. This did include a few V6 Manual "FE 2.0" orders.
Any thoughts on Base V6 Manual timing? 2025?

Any thoughts on Base V6 Manual timing? 2025?
i was always told Q3 or Q4 of 2024. this was also based on the assumption FE came out around December/January. since that ended up being true im hopeful thats still the expected plan

Cars will go straight to dealers…..no being held at a central location. Cars will remain at dealers until CARB approval. Once CARB approval, delivering 500 cars will not take months! Imagine it will take a day or two!!!

We are starting to get cars! 500! I feel like celebrating 🥳. More importantly the indefinite waiting is over. We have a definitive timeframe… Congratulations to the lucky 🍀 500!! & manual driver’s.

Hope everyone has a wonderful Christmas and a Happy New Year! 🎊
I wouldn't 'leap about' until car passes CARB at 'end of Jan' (code for mid February) Kick back, relax and look forward to another 100.pages of this thread

I am money market all the way. The interest I earn on my funds pays my monthly mortgage. I am super happy to earn a low, but constant %. I have other investments that I am risky with, but the majority goes straight into my money market.
That's an awesome strategy...at least until the snow melts because rates may start melting with them

Also, this part made me laugh. 😄

View attachment 33860
I'm curious how many people on here would invest in Lotus the company, given what we've seen over the past 2 years?
Im on board. My dumbass is still waiting on a car 2.5 years later even when the company treats us poorly… it’s a niche product that is going to end up ultimately in Geelys hands.

Create an account or login to comment

Join now to leave a comment enjoy browsing the site ad-free!

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back