• The September 2024 Lotus Emira Photo of the Month contest is underway! Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 September 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

USA/Canada Delivery Thread

I finally heard from my dealer. Mine is/will be supposedly in the 3rd ship. Do we know which one that is?

Yes I ordered from there I got confirmation yesterday. They are getting 60 that have already arrived at Baltimore I believe Monday.
Where will Naples store them? Most of their cars are parked outside and there are no empty spaces inside or outside?

Attachments

• IMG_1366.jpeg
    IMG_1366.jpeg
    179.1 KB · Views: 152
My prediction is if you have an FE.1 you will not loose any money in next 12 months. its around $10K less than the FE.2
But I am not worried about depreciation. I bought it to keep not trade or sell.
All cars depreciate.
Not to upset anyone on the forum but why is depreciation such a big deal.
I have a BMW Z8 purchased 13 years ago & a BMW 1M purchased 5 years ago
The Z8 is worth 2X what i paid for it. The 1M is worth 30% more than I paid for it.
So, I beg to differ. The Emira FE.1 I have on order probably will depreciate unless I decide to unload it in the 1st year.
When all ICE Lotus are finished, I expect it to rebound to close to purchase price, depending on mileage /condition of course.

@TCB I believe Naples has a warehouse in addition to their main location. When I went in for a test drive the salesperson had mentioned that they had a LaFerrari and Rimac at the other location.

I split time between Chicago and Naples - so I ordered mine from Lotus of Glenview (they serviced my Aston and my Elise). A sales guy from Glenview sent an e-mail saying they have 2 green FEs "arriving next month" (e-mail rec'd Nov 30th). I am going to hold out for my Seneca Blue. They did not indicate price, but would assume they would seek ADM of at least $10K to bring it in-line with the cost of a 2.0?

Where will Naples store them? Most of their cars are parked outside and there are no empty spaces inside or outside?
I believe they have an off site facility as most of their new cars (alpha, vanderhall, backdraft) aren't at the main showroom. Currently the zagato and rimacs they have listed in inventory aren't at the main showroom right now, so they have to be somewhere!

Patricia said the owner has some other lots that they own so they will be able to make space. She speculated a super late January or Feb pickup time do to carb approval. However when they get there and are finished being prepped, they will let us go see our cars.

These are indeed lean times, if this is what we get for an official Lotus customer communication.
A photo is indeed worth 1,000 (views).
Postcard caption: Chillin...wish you were here!

Early on the 2.0 list with an order submitted that I was told was April-June delivery. So that obviously isn't happening anymore considering I ordered an auto. It would be nice for some communication from them letting me know that.
I reached out to my dealer. He said he is still expecting my car in Q2 '24 so doesn't feel like anything has really changed with respect to my order. Since Lotus is saying mid-'24 for auto certification that seems a little optimistic, but I guess we will see.

These are indeed lean times, if this is what we get for an official Lotus customer communication.
A photo is indeed worth 1,000 (views).
Postcard caption: Chillin...wish you were here!
Or, "Feeling cute, might delete later."

Create an account or login to comment

Join now to leave a comment enjoy browsing the site ad-free!

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back