• The September 2024 Lotus Emira Photo of the Month contest is underway! Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 September 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

USA/Canada Delivery Thread

After I seen the prices my dealer sent me a bit ago for the Paint Protection package I immediatly contacted my local guy ive used in the past for a quote. My dealer was cheaper than 9k though!!!

Certainly makes me want to shop the business, but with these cars having paint issues I’m also nervous they will deny work if someone else does the PPF.
I have a fun story about that 😅. I had one of the first Model Y’s in the world back in 2020 so SunTek used my car for their scan and did my PPF for free in return. The front bumper had paint come right off. I had to battle with Tesla since a third party did the work. In the end Tesla did cover it, but it for sure was a battle since a third party did the PPF.

I received an email from Gator today. They are going to use the time between arrival at the dealership and final delivery to customer to get the paint prep done. They offered multiple xpel packages, ceramic packages, and window tinting packages Very nice to be able to have it all done then just pick up a prepared car when CARB approved.

Just as a comparison, their full xpel coverage is $7000.
They should run a comprehensive vehicle check too making sure any recalled items are fixed and software updates are done.

Everyone thinking about PPF please keep in mind that the total cost to do it is extremely labor dependent. If your labor market is expensive, cost to PPF will be very high — i wouldn’t be surprised to see a $3K swing from one metro to another.

They should run a comprehensive vehicle check too making sure any recalled items are fixed and software updates are done.
Gator’s PDI is very intensive so I have confidence they will address any known issues before delivery. Unlike some other dealers, Lotus is Gators halo brand so they go the extra mile to ensure quality.

Anyone else wonder why the demo cars were allowed and seem to still be allowed to ride on USA without a CARB approval? 🧐🤔🤨

Anyone else wonder why the demo cars were allowed and seem to still be allowed to ride on USA without a CARB approval? 🧐🤔🤨
They are EU spec cars and tagged as manufacture so have special permission. They will all have be returned to Lotus once US cars are legally on the road

My sales rep told me that the US spec Emira will not have the visible gearchange mechanism in the V6 manual gearbox. This is one of the coolest features. Has anyone else heard this?

My sales rep told me that the US spec Emira will not have the visible gearchange mechanism in the V6 manual gearbox. This is one of the coolest features. Has anyone else heard this?
Hoping he's just a moron. We'll know soon enough

not heard this, no

The first bill of lading has landed on the import manifest trackers.

Looks like the first boat into Baltimore was the Hoegh London, carrying 150 units bound for the US. It was also carrying another 18 units headed for Australia.

Looks like the first boat into Baltimore was the Hoegh London, carrying 150 units bound for the US. It was also carrying another 18 units headed for Australia.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-12-02 at 7.16.27 AM.png
    Screenshot 2023-12-02 at 7.16.27 AM.png
    11.7 KB · Views: 106

I wonder what the timing is for subsequent boats coming over?

My FE 1.0 wasn’t on the first load😔

Hoping he's just a moron. We'll know soon enough
I'm pretty sure everyone who sent in a Build Order with FE specs with that feature, got an acceptance confirmation from Lotus. That statement is beyond questionable.

I'm pretty sure everyone who sent in a Build Order with FE specs with that feature, got an acceptance confirmation from Lotus. That statement is beyond questionable.
Not entirely sure what you mean. My confirmation lock statement only shows which options I selected, not necessarily every option the car has. I tried to go to the Lotus USA site to see if I could still find a photo of that feature, because a long time ago a photo existed on their own website. I can't seem to find a photo of it shown anymore.

Not entirely sure what you mean. My confirmation lock statement only shows which options I selected, not necessarily every option the car has. I tried to go to the Lotus USA site to see if I could still find a photo of that feature, because a long time ago a photo existed on their own website. I can't seem to find a photo of it shown anymore.
Interesting - I seem to remember that photo as well, but none of the images on the configurator show that feature. The only thing I have is a First Edition 'technical walkaround brochure' that mentions the mesh shifter console for manuals.

They probably assume American drivers are so gluttonous that they can't help but eat food that will inevitably drop from our thick sausage like fingers - passing through the mesh and getting lodged in the gear change mechanism creating uncalculated liability/warranty issues.

That's my guess anyway.:LOL: