• The September 2024 Lotus Emira Photo of the Month contest is underway! Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 September 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

USA/Canada Delivery Thread

I'm pretty sure everyone who sent in a Build Order with FE specs with that feature, got an acceptance confirmation from Lotus. That statement is beyond questionable.
Only got one from dealer,
My sales rep told me that the US spec Emira will not have the visible gearchange mechanism in the V6 manual gearbox. This is one of the coolest features. Has anyone else heard this?
Big if true.....will reject.

I'm probably in the minority here, but I wouldn't reject the car because I can't see the shift mechanism. It's a neat little cosmetic item, but nothing you'll look at while driving. I put it in the category of a centering stripe on the steering wheel.
LOL, i don’t think anyone meant it seriously.

I was only kidding, but its expected that lotus gives us one last F in the arse.

Scott, can you confirm if you saw shifter mechanism in the NA models? We need you Scott.

Well folks it's been a journey, but I'm officially out. Found an alternative I just couldn't pass up. (hint: 10 cylinders, 8000rpm) There will be a red/tan for sale on the floor at Bellevue as soon as CARB paperwork is complete, fresh out of PDI.
Gallardo? That is on my short list backup plan.

Not entirely sure what you mean. My confirmation lock statement only shows which options I selected, not necessarily every option the car has. I tried to go to the Lotus USA site to see if I could still find a photo of that feature, because a long time ago a photo existed on their own website. I can't seem to find a photo of it shown anymore.
Maybe I halucinated but the FE 6-speed MT referenced the open mesh gear change in just about every car review and video; something that did not apply to Auto transmission models which had extra storage instead. Like others here I swear a saw a photo.
Correct that is not stipulated on the present Configurator. I've played with it so many times in the last 18 months probably had decision fatigue.
I'm waiting to see what the Base Configurator shows for MT vs Auto and whether the open mesh is standard or available at extra cost.
I too believe the sales rep got it backwards, but what is the chance of that?

Attachments

• IMG_8465.jpeg
    IMG_8465.jpeg
    97.6 KB · Views: 57
Those aren’t US spec cars, America hasn’t seen a US spec car until like a couple days ago. As for aftermarket solutions, my sawzall solves everything!
Maybe the reduced air turbulence in the shifter mechanism was the last bit of optimization needed to push the car through CARB certification.

My money is on the sales rep having seen only the automatic.
But in the auto it's not panelled-off, but rather is an open storage space?

Also, wasn't there that one MT dealer car last year in Germany or somewhere that did in fact have a plastic cover over the shift mechanism? I've always worried that that item would one day come back to haunt me before delivery...

But in the auto it's not panelled-off, but rather is an open storage space?

Also, wasn't there that one MT dealer car last year in Germany or somewhere that did in fact have a plastic cover over the shift mechanism? I've always worried that that item would one day come back to haunt me before delivery...
Sigh... I guess nothing would surprise me anymore. I really don't know why they would use a plastic cover instead of the mesh. I certainly hope not.

My money is on the sales rep having seen only the automatic.
No, I went and test drove a manual V6 with the sales rep. It‘s probably because of one of those stupid US safety regulations where they think someone could stick a finger in it. I still hope it is not true.

No, I went and test drove a manual V6 with the sales rep. It‘s probably because of one of those stupid US safety regulations where they think someone could stick a finger in it. I still hope it is not true.

Crazy. Guess we need one of the dealers that gets the cars first to confirm.