• The September 2024 Lotus Emira Photo of the Month contest is underway! Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 September 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

USA/Canada Delivery Thread

No, I went and test drove a manual V6 with the sales rep. It‘s probably because of one of those stupid US safety regulations where they think someone could stick a finger in it. I still hope it is not true.
CARB: Can Anyone Really Believe

Nobody wants these.... (taken from another forum, not mine)

--REMOVED PHOTO WITH PHONE NUMBER SINCE @robrmon STATED THAT THEY WERE ACCOUNTED FOR--

Last edited:
Nobody wants these.... (taken from another forum, not mine)

screenshot_20231202_110130_messages-jpg.1354633
I was curious, so I called Peter just now.
He has likely found homes for these.
They have ADMs too, he called them “market price adjustments”.
So I’m not so sure I agree that “no one wants these”.

I was curious, so I called Peter just now.
He has likely found homes for these.
They have ADMs too, he called them “market price adjustments”.
So I’m not so sure I agree that “no one wants these”.
I may be old school but I guess I thought they would call down the list, I guess texting is the way to go these days. I figured there would have been people that would have jumped on these before they had to resort to cold texting. What was the ADM?

I may be old school but I guess I thought they would call down the list, I guess texting is the way to go these days. I figured there would have been people that would have jumped on these before they had to resort to cold texting. What was the ADM?
I didn’t ask

No, I went and test drove a manual V6 with the sales rep. It‘s probably because of one of those stupid US safety regulations where they think someone could stick a finger in it. I still hope it is not true.
If it really does turn out to be missing the shifter mesh feature, I will be filing a FOIA request with the NHTSA to see why.

From My Dealer "Just need to pass the Carb Certification as the letter mentions. We are a Carb dealer, so we will not receive the vehicles until completed. Other dealers that are in EPA states, they will receive their vehicles, but they cannot sell it until completed. "

Also, mentioned my V6 manual FE 2.0 is still on target for the April 2024 timeframe.

CARB states include California, Connecticut, Colorado, Delaware, the District of Columbia, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, New Jersey, New York, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, Vermont, and Washington.

If you use the 3D configurator from the interior view, this is what the center console looks like under the shifter:

1701560547766.png

From My Dealer "Just need to pass the Carb Certification as the letter mentions. We are a Carb dealer, so we will not receive the vehicles until completed. Other dealers that are in EPA states, they will receive their vehicles, but they cannot sell it until completed. "

Also, mentioned my V6 manual FE 2.0 is still on target for the April 2024 timeframe.

CARB states include California, Connecticut, Colorado, Delaware, the District of Columbia, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, New Jersey, New York, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, Vermont, and Washington.

Virginia as well, although I see it missing from most lists.

"Virginia is one of 15 states that have adopted an earlier CARB standard that imposes stricter tailpipe emissions standards than the federal rule."

"In 2021, Virginia lawmakers adopted the stringent California CARB mandates — a move that can help pave the way for more EVs in Virginia."

Maybe it got appealed, no clue.

If you use the 3D configurator from the interior view, this is what the center console looks like under the shifter:

View attachment 33959
I believe you, but there was also a point in time when their configurator's 3D model had both the manual shift knob and paddle shifters on the steering wheel, so... 🤔

Virginia as well, although I see it missing from most lists.

"Virginia is one of 15 states that have adopted an earlier CARB standard that imposes stricter tailpipe emissions standards than the federal rule."

"In 2021, Virginia lawmakers adopted the stringent California CARB mandates — a move that can help pave the way for more EVs in Virginia."

Maybe it got appealed, no clue.
There is no Lotus Dealer in VA, in The DC area Rockville, MD is closest.

Looks like someone else did, according to another forum they want 10k over the FE2.0 MSRP. So thats what.....115k?
IMO that is totally stupid to pay that much over.
But I guess there are folks out there that are desperate to get the FE.1 and pay $20k over msrp
I’ll flip mine for 20k over
Nah I’m keeping it but at $30k over I’m a flipper 🤔