• The September 2024 Lotus Emira Photo of the Month contest is underway! Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 September 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

USA/Canada Delivery Thread

Do we know if this first round of cars to land in the US includes dealer demos?

Sorry if I missed it in the pervious 273 pages...
Per my dealer here in the Carolinas, yes, their first batch of cars is in transit to arrive here mid December, including his dealer demo with 8 lucky FE 1.0 customer, I have to wait for the second batch of FE 1.0 by Jan/Feb……hopefully in time for the CARB certification…..

Per my dealer here in the Carolinas, yes, their first batch of cars is in transit to arrive here mid December, including his dealer demo with 8 lucky FE 1.0 customer, I have to wait for the second batch of FE 1.0 by Jan/Feb……hopefully in time for the CARB certification….

Per my dealer here in the Carolinas, yes, their first batch of cars is in transit to arrive here mid December, including his dealer demo with 8 lucky FE 1.0 customer, I have to wait for the second batch of FE 1.0 by Jan/Feb……hopefully in time for the CARB certification….

Here is an excerpt from the update I received from Lotus of Dallas last weeks with specifics
Emira V6 Manual Info:
  • 500 V6 Manual Emiras are being shipped to North America now on 3 Ships. We have the VINS from the first 2 ships and your Sales Associate will be reaching out to you regarding Financing & Leasing through Lotus Financial, Trade Ins if you have one or how you plan to pay for the unit etc. We are also have an XPEL PPF Partnership where XPEL actually does the install and is onsite at our Facility to do the work. Both the Film and Labor are covered by their 10 year warranty across the Country.
  • 83% of Emira orders submitted in North America were for a V6 Manual.
  • We are still waiting to receive CARB certification for the V6 Manual Emira. We expect completion in January.
  • No Emiras can be delivered until the CARB certification is given.
  • We will know more on our allocation for 2024 in the next couple of weeks for our remaining Deposit Holders awaiting their V6 Manual Emira.
Emira V6 Automatic—
  • Emira V6 Automatics will now be arriving Mid-Year 2024. Lotus has had Supply Constraints and had to Prioritize V6 Manual certifications to fulfill their promise of delivering cars before the end of this year. This has delayed the Homologation Process for the units.
  • Previously submitted orders for V6 Auto Emira will maintain their 'First Edition' status and be model year 2025 vehicles.
  • All pricing will stay the same and orders placed with the Factory will be opened up so you can change the colors, options, etc. except for the drivetrain.
Turbo I4
  • Supply chain constraints have caused a production delay for Turbo I4 Emira. These orders are now expected to arrive at the beginning of 2025.
  • U.S. homologation for I4 Emira will be completed in late 2024, with customer deliveries beginning in early 2025.
  • A fleet of I4 demonstrator vehicles has been ordered and is expected to arrive in Q2 of 2024. We will invite all our reservation holders once a test drive opportunity becomes available!
  • All pricing will stay the same and orders placed with the Factory will be opened up so you can change the colors, options, etc. except for the drivetrain.

So... these first ~500 are going to be model year 2024 now, right? Last year around this time, the update was that they'd be MY2023. But that was before all the delays this past year.

Here is an excerpt from the update I received from Lotus of Dallas last weeks with specifics
Emira V6 Manual Info:
  • 500 V6 Manual Emiras are being shipped to North America now on 3 Ships. We have the VINS from the first 2 ships and your Sales Associate will be reaching out to you regarding Financing & Leasing through Lotus Financial, Trade Ins if you have one or how you plan to pay for the unit etc. We are also have an XPEL PPF Partnership where XPEL actually does the install and is onsite at our Facility to do the work. Both the Film and Labor are covered by their 10 year warranty across the Country.
  • We are still waiting to receive CARB certification for the V6 Manual Emira. We expect completion in January.
  • We will know more on our allocation for 2024 in the next couple of weeks for our remaining Deposit Holders awaiting their V6 Manual Emira.
Emira V6 Automatic—
  • Emira V6 Automatics will now be arriving Mid-Year 2024. Lotus has had Supply Constraints and had to Prioritize V6 Manual certifications to fulfill their promise of delivering cars before the end of this year. This has delayed the Homologation Process for the units.
  • Previously submitted orders for V6 Auto Emira will maintain their 'First Edition' status and be model year 2025 vehicles.
Turbo I4
  • Supply chain constraints have caused a production delay for Turbo I4 Emira. These orders are now expected to arrive at the beginning of 2025.
  • U.S. homologation for I4 Emira will be completed in late 2024, with customer deliveries beginning in early 2025.
  • A fleet of I4 demonstrator vehicles has been ordered and is expected to arrive in Q2 of 2024. We will invite all our reservation holders once a test drive opportunity becomes available!
I'd be interested in knowing what their price is for the Xpel install.

Do we know if this first round of cars to land in the US includes dealer demos?

Sorry if I missed it in the pervious 273 pages...
My dealer is getting 8 FE1s.... 7 are customer cars and 1 is the demo. All V6 Manual, obv.

My Xpel dude quoted me 5500 for a full car, said its the going rate in my area. (Not a big tuner area)

As soon as anybody's car is at their dealership, and they are able to take a picture of it with the wrap off, PLEASE take some photos and post them so we can see what the NA spec lights look like in the front, and if there are those bumps on either side of the license plate in the back of the car.

TIA

My sales rep told me that the US spec Emira will not have the visible gearchange mechanism in the V6 manual gearbox. This is one of the coolest features. Has anyone else heard this?
I truly hope it isn't true but I wouldn't be surprised by government regs. Several years ago the US passed some regulations targeted at imported toys meant for children that contained x amount of lead (i.e. to prevent ingesting). The intent was good but never had someone normal review and consider potential impacts. There was a period of time we could not buy motorcycles for our kids because the wheels and parts of engine contained lead. I can't imagine a scenario where my kids would be trying to eat or suck on those parts to get lead in their bodies. It took months before this was rectified but I could absolutely see our govt blocking this based on some absurd ruling that doesn't actually apply.

It is a cool feature so if it's gone, then will be disappointed but would spend several hours (as per KitKat) to remediate :)

Emira V6 Manual Info:
Emira V6 Automatic—
Turbo I4
@GatorMotorsport
Perhaps an answer to your question regarding other dealers finding inspiration from your communication to customers.

As soon as anybody's car is at their dealership, and they are able to take a picture of it with the wrap off, PLEASE take some photos and post them so we can see what the NA spec lights look like in the front, and if there are those bumps on either side of the license plate in the back of the car.

TIA
Here you go , that’s what the light looks like , it’s mostly just a reflector with the very top lighting up as a bright LED.

Attachments

• IMG_2500.jpeg
    IMG_2500.jpeg
    364.9 KB · Views: 254
That … does not look great. I dare say it might impact the overall look. We need to see full car pics. After parading the car around and all the delays, this is a real downer.

Here you go , that’s what the light looks like , it’s mostly just a reflector with the very top lighting up as a bright LED.
That looks pretty darned good actually! Much better than I was expecting, looks more jewel-like. Thanks! Any pics of the rear license plate area?