USA/Canada Delivery Thread

That … does not look great. I dare say it might impact the overall look. We need to see full car pics. After parading the car around and all the delays, this is a real downer.
Not sure why it’s a surprise. It was always on the configurator just like the image.

Central Virginia. I haven't called around for other quotes yet, but I use this guy often for various things.
Seems like you, me, and @Nova might want to do a 3-fer deal with a good PPF vendor. I'd be willing to drive to Charlottesville (or wherever) to get a good job done at a significant savings.

I truly hope it isn't true but I wouldn't be surprised by government regs. Several years ago the US passed some regulations targeted at imported toys meant for children that contained x amount of lead (i.e. to prevent ingesting). The intent was good but never had someone normal review and consider potential impacts. There was a period of time we could not buy motorcycles for our kids because the wheels and parts of engine contained lead. I can't imagine a scenario where my kids would be trying to eat or suck on those parts to get lead in their bodies. It took months before this was rectified but I could absolutely see our govt blocking this based on some absurd ruling that doesn't actually apply.

It is a cool feature so if it's gone, then will be disappointed but would spend several hours (as per KitKat) to remediate :)
Has anyone thought to contact Lotus Cars U.S. in Michigan for an answer? They are the layer above the dealers.

Not sure why it’s a surprise. It was always on the configurator just like the image.
I don’t see It on the configurator. Maybe I’m missing something. Normally the yellow US accent is pretty small or something easily changed to euro spec. The gear cover for example seems really easy to remedy with aftermarket. Will have to wait and see final pics. Maybe it ties in with the lotus logo and brakes, etc. or isn’t a big deal overall. At first glance I don’t like it though.

I don’t see It on the configurator. Maybe I’m missing something. Normally the yellow US accent is pretty small or something easily changed to euro spec. The gear cover for example seems really easy to remedy with aftermarket. Will have to wait and see final pics. Maybe it ties in with the lotus logo and brakes, etc. or isn’t a big deal overall. At first glance I don’t like it though.

IMG_2568.png

There were pics of the US spec lights online as far back as early 2022, in photos taken at the factory.

Example:
LOT-Line-5458-crop.jpg

Seems like you, me, and @Nova might want to do a 3-fer deal with a good PPF vendor. I'd be willing to drive to Charlottesville (or wherever) to get a good job done at a significant savings.
That could work. Where in VA are you located?

Emira VIN Decoder Now on NHTSA Website:

1701705948073.png

Link to the document:

Notes: The 12th digit appears to denote the region that the car is for but there is no explanation here. The 13th digit is the auto/manual indicator. 1=manual; 2=automatic. The real mystery is the 12th digit since there's been a variety of different letters for this position: S, R, M, N. The *most interesting* letter is the one for the one VIN shown in the recent 120 car shipment to Baltimore. The 12th digit for that VIN is "B" which has traditionally been for "Left hand drive, Canada".

Last edited:

View attachment 34020

Notes: The 12th digit appears to denote the region that the car is for but there is no explanation here. The 13th digit is the auto/manual indicator. 1=manual; 2=automatic. The real mystery is the 12th digit since there's been a variety of different letters for this position: S, R, M, N. The *most interesting* letter is the one for the one VIN shown in the recent 120 car shipment to Baltimore. The 12th digit for that VIN is "B" which has traditionally been for "Left hand drive, Canada".
I think UK cars have N for region. On the basis of a sample of 2 UK cars..

View attachment 34020

Thanks! That's good info. I'm still getting the decoder error on their website for positions 5-8. Do you have the link to this?

I just realized something... hope everyone is ready:

1701707840947.png

Maybe the "logistics" challenges stem from Lotus changing their orders of the M139 to the 400HP variant, after experiencing tepid demand for the 360HP version in the US.

View attachment 34020

Link to the document:

Thanks for sharing! What's a check digit?

I just realized something... hope everyone is ready:

View attachment 34022

Maybe the "logistics" challenges stem from Lotus changing their orders of the M139 to the 400HP variant, after experiencing tepid demand for the 360HP version in the US.

Hm... let the theorizing begin. I wonder how many V6 auto buyers would have opted for the i4 if they knew it would arrive with 400HP.

kw.jpg

Create an account or login to comment

Join now to leave a comment enjoy browsing the site ad-free!

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Aerie Performance Lotus Emira Carbon Fiber Parts GregsRaceParts.com BanC Tech JUBU Performance

Latest posts

Back