• The September 2024 Lotus Emira Photo of the Month contest is underway! Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 September 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

USA/Canada Delivery Thread

Has anyone with an FE 1.0 order not received a VIN or haven't been communicated that their order is on a boat?
I have not received any word from my dealer. I'm an FE 1.0, original deposit July of '21 and factory order locked in in April of '22.

I have not received any word from my dealer. I'm an FE 1.0, original deposit July of '21 and factory order locked in in April of '22.

Same, but ordered since March 5th 2022 -- no update from Boardwalk Lotus.

*shrugs*

Has anyone with an FE 1.0 order not received a VIN or haven't been communicated that their order is on a boat?
I was May 22 order submitted and have not heard from my dealer. In there email they said they would reach out when they had a VIN. Guessing mine has not hit the port yet!

September '21 deposit. December 2022 order submitted. Nothing yet, but my dealer is in a CARB state. I think the people who got more info are from non-CARB states, maybe that's how Lotus planned the shipments.

Alright, I don't feel as bad then. I'm just assuming it's on a later boat, bust still on the way 😅. Which, as long as it really is on the way, I prefer that it is on a later boat and not sitting in random places for the next 2 months. My dealer lets people randomly walk the service bay where they keep McLarens, Lamborghinis, etc. and everyone can freely check out customer cars and potentially mess with them. They held an evening event while they had the Emira and opened up the service bays for everyone to go through.

September '21 deposit. December 2022 order submitted. Nothing yet, but my dealer is in a CARB state. I think the people who got more info are from non-CARB states, maybe that's how Lotus planned the shipments.

That makes some sense to me but in the end -- likely ALL the FE 1.0s will be here before CARB finishes up. So, 🤷‍♂️.

I'm in a non-CARB state. I believe I was #3 in line for my dealer, they are getting 4 on the first shipment(s), and said mine isn't one of them. So I'm just assuming (and hoping) that means it's just on the next ship headed out.

I have an early FE 1.0 order and haven't received a VIN yet. Here is the extent of my dealer's communications since Monday:

1701464406418.png

I'm an October 2021 order that got submitted as an FE2.0.

My dealer just told me that the latest data shows me as a Feb/March build with an April/May arrival.

Any guess as to the collective work hours that have been wasted as a result of this thread in the past 72-hrs?

I'm FE 1.0 and dealer confirmed my car is not on the list they received thus far. They are not sure when the next list will be sent.

Any guess as to the collective work hours that have been wasted as a result of this thread in the past 72-hrs?
Dont be modest..
This thread began over a year ago and has 269 pages and counting.
I believe the answer is exponential.

"Wasted" ????

Quite the opposite my friend. Every time I look at this cars MSRP I'm reminded of why I still have to show up to work each day. Coming to this forum is a constant reminder that I'm signing up for long term repair bills and the need for long term employment beyond tomorrow.

No sir. My company fully approves this forum and how much it makes me realize I need this job.

Quite a big jump in price to full from 3/4.
I had quotes all in that ball park

That's absurd. I got my current vehicle (bigger than an Emira) fully XPEL wrapped for under $5k just a few years ago. I'll likely skip PPF if that's what installers are trying to charge now. That's probably $500+/hr for labor. Cheaper to just get a respray at that point.

I received an email from Gator today. They are going to use the time between arrival at the dealership and final delivery to customer to get the paint prep done. They offered multiple xpel packages, ceramic packages, and window tinting packages Very nice to be able to have it all done then just pick up a prepared car when CARB approved.

Just as a comparison, their full xpel coverage is $7000.