• The September 2024 Lotus Emira Photo of the Month contest is underway! Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 September 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

USA/Canada Delivery Thread

Given the 2 or 3 year waiting times many people on here have endured, it shouldn't be too long before the Final Edition is on the configurator.

Don’t be too annoyed by this, I’m an FE 2.0 order and began my ordering process on announcement day during Goodwood 2021. Meanwhile there are FE 1.0 buyers who payed 1.0 cost who didn’t put a deposit until September 2021, so 1.0 vs. 2.0 doesn’t really mean you were ahead of anyone. Let’s just keep our fingers crossed all of us FE buyers who’ve been waiting what will be close to 3 years get our cars in time for the summer driving months, and can enjoy them throughly. Feel for the autos who got bumped and hope they get their cars during the summer as well, even if it’s mid-way.
I appreciate your perspective, though you're in Canada and I'm in the US, and we knew from nearly the beginning that Canada was getting wayyy fewer FEs. It's quite a different expectation.

And speaking of that, do we know if any Canada-bound cars have been shipped?

Given the 2 or 3 year waiting times many people on here have endured, it shouldn't be too long before the Final Edition is on the configurator.
Haha…just imagine. FE 1.0, FE 2.0, FE 3.0, FE (Final) 1.0, FE 2.0 onto the Type 135…

Haha…just imagine. FE 1.0, FE 2.0, FE 3.0, FE (Final) 1.0, FE 2.0 onto the Type 135…
Assuming some sort of final edition would have better performance and aero/carbon bits, I'd 100% fall for it and preorder with the intent of trading in my 1st Ed..

There are a lot of possibilities as to why Lotus makes their decisions the way they do. The previous question was why would Base configurator be delayed until Q4 2024 as suggested by a dealer. My point is that Lotus has enough demand for FE cars to not worry about making Base available. If they never have to make any base cars and keep their factory busy building FE cars, that's what they can decide to do.
Yea my point was that understanding Lotus’s decision making is beyond any of us. But I do feel they have more money to be made from base cars as a good portion of base deposits are just those that didn't make the cut for an FE. So many base specs may just be fully loaded, and with price increases, I’m fairly certain a base Emira even lightly optioned will be near the same price if not slightly more than an FE fully loaded. But I do also understand that logistically making cars that are more customized with options is harder than cranking out the cars with less options i.e. FE’s.

Finalized my FE 1.0 V6 manual back in the first week of April 2022 and have yet to hear about my specific car coming over (even though my dealer was among one of, if not the first to send out official word of cars finally coming over).

Starting get super annoyed that 2.0s are getting confirmed before mine; people who literally finalized their orders just a few months ago.

I haven't yet seen anyone with a Hethel Yellow get confirmation, so maybe that's the differentiator...
I have HY with BP it’s was on first ship to arrive once it’s cleared customs it will be transported to dealer. So hopefully in next week or two I can go see it

I have HY with BP it’s was on first ship to arrive once it’s cleared customs it will be transported to dealer. So hopefully in next week or two I can go see it
Same, so it seems like exterior paint isn't really factor. There's always the chance that my car is on a ship/arrived and my dealer just hasn't let me know yet.

So, it’s for sure the 4cyl is being delayed to 2025? If that’s the case I’m just gonna save up a little more and get a 992 GTS

You do realize you got a discount over others who probably put their deposit before you and paid more for their 2.0 based on Lotus making dealer allocations that were NOT based on deposit date to begin with?
You are looking at this from hindsight. I was thrilled to get the FE 1.0. At that time there was no FE 2.0. Was not even a concept.
Kind of like getting tickets to a concert you know will be sold out & thinking you won the lottery. Then they add a 2nd night.
Yes, I am price protected, some comfort in that. but back 2021, The price was what was listed & that was what I expected to pay & thought I was getting a 1 of 700 limited edition car.

You are looking at this from hindsight. I was thrilled to get the FE 1.0. At that time there was no FE 2.0. Was not even a concept.
Kind of like getting tickets to a concert you know will be sold out & thinking you won the lottery. Then they add a 2nd night.
Yes, I am price protected, some comfort in that. but back 2021, The price was what was listed & that was what I expected to pay & thought I was getting a 1 of 700 limited edition car.
You are missing his point. Some people pre-purchased tickets when only night one existed. Then when Ticketmaster sent out the tickets for night one they didn't send them a ticket. In fact, they even held onto a few tickets. They then gave those "held" tickets out to people who purchased tickets at a later time. They then came back to the original pre-purchasers, and said "Hey, we have a 2nd night of tickets. You can have one for $12K more." To make matters worse, they then decided to go ahead and have both 1st night tickets and 2nd night tickets actually be on the same night.

The people who are really being screwed in all of this are the people who were TRULY one of the first 700 depositors but were left for FE2.0, who were selecting an initial color no matter what, and are now paying $12K more, but getting the car at the same time. They are paying $12K for Lotus' random decisions/allocations. Everyone else is just complaining to complain.

You are missing his point. Some people pre-purchased tickets when only night one existed. Then when Ticketmaster sent out the tickets for night one they didn't send them a ticket. In fact, they even held onto a few tickets. They then gave those "held" tickets out to people who purchased tickets at a later time. They then came back to the original pre-purchasers, and said "Hey, we have a 2nd night of tickets. You can have one for $12K more." To make matters worse, they then decided to go ahead and have both 1st night tickets and 2nd night tickets actually be on the same night.

The people who are really being screwed in all of this are the people who were TRULY one of the first 700 depositors but were left for FE2.0, who were selecting an initial color no matter what, and are now paying $12K more, but getting the car at the same time. They are paying $12K for Lotus' random decisions/allocations. Everyone else is just complaining to complain.
Which BTW, does not include me. I selected one of the new colors, so I'm just pretending that I would have paid $12K for paint to sample for this color, which I know is a lie, but that's how I keep from crying myself to sleep and clutching my $12K close.

As Lotus fiddles the world keeps going - Just saying...

Just give me something cool looking like the Tesla roadster and Ill pick it up in a heartbeat. I see all these cool concepts, but the EV's so far have been lacking in the looks department.

Also any more shots than the 1 at the port?

Also any more shots than the 1 at the port?

Do we know when boats #2 and #3 are arriving? I guess we're also still waiting for the first dealer photo of a customer car in the showroom. Should be any day now.

I just received a call that my FE 2.0 (early 2.0 deposit) is on the Atlantic Ocean!! I'm with Cape Fear Lotus (Wilmington, NC). Hopefully I'll be able to 'visit' her in the showroom soon. Amazing news!!
Same for me, got a call from Shane today as well, FE1.0, exiting, finally…….

As Lotus fiddles the world keeps going - Just saying...

This deserves it own thread in Emira vs the Competition. I guess I will just have to get use to these EV interiors. If the Lotus EV is too much I hope this one will be affordable.

Create an account or login to comment

Join now to leave a comment enjoy browsing the site ad-free!

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back