• The September 2024 Lotus Emira Photo of the Month contest is underway! Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 September 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

USA/Canada Delivery Thread

This deserves it own thread in Emira vs the Competition. I guess I will just have to get use to these EV interiors. If the Lotus EV is too much I hope this one will be affordable.
It has one I believe.

Same for me, got a call from Shane today as well, FE1.0, exiting, finally…….

I just received a call that my FE 2.0 (early 2.0 deposit) is on the Atlantic Ocean!! I'm with Cape Fear Lotus (Wilmington, NC). Hopefully I'll be able to 'visit' her in the showroom soon. Amazing news!!

I got my VIN today from Shane!

Dealer just let me switch from the I4 to the v6 manual since the I4 is delayed a year. I'm happy about it, should have picked the v6 manual from the get go. I'm sure I'm way late to the party at the bottom of the list now but let's hope for mid summer delivery?

sounds like theres a lotta comparing to that totally misleading "Starting price" on porsche's website. theres no chance you are getting either car at that

good luck finding a GT4 RS under 200k right now. in fact they are closer to 250k

Assuming he's comparing new cars... seeing as he's buying an Emira.... they only make the GT4 RS now 🤌
Silly assumption after silly assumption. The fact is, when someone says a 718 GT4, they are not talking about a GT4RS. I’ve never met anyone that has said they have a GT4 and then come to realize they actually have a GT4RS…just the same as a GT3 when they have a GT3RS.

Silly assumption after silly assumption. The fact is, when someone says a 718 GT4, they are not talking about a GT4RS. I’ve never met anyone that has said they have a GT4 and then come to realize they actually have a GT4RS…just the same as a GT3 when they have a GT3RS.
That's wiiiiiiild. Anyways... you tried to call him out, good on you (not really). Now lets talk about some Emiras....

That's wiiiiiiild. Anyways... you tried to call him out, good on you (not really). Now lets talk about some Emiras....
I wasn’t calling him out. I was making sure he realized if he has enough for a GTS, he can buy a 718 GT4. Then you jumped in with nonsense.

Back to talking about Emiras…

Do we know when boats #2 and #3 are arriving? I guess we're also still waiting for the first dealer photo of a customer car in the showroom. Should be any day now.
There is a boat that arrived in Houston 😊. Form what I gather there is still one boat in the water..

IMG_0953.GIF

My dealer "estimated" that the configurator for BASE models would open Q4 of 2024. I don't understand this. Based on what's been said in this forum Lotus is building cars close to their max level. It seems to me that most of the worldwide FE 1.0 & 2.0 will be built soon. Why so long to start taking BASE configurations?
This is happening with all manufacturer, try to find a base car or truck on a lot today. That is why the new average vehicle sold today hit 48k in 2023. Manufacturers realized they make more money selling a particular configurations with more options that they control (Loaded out). Housing was doing the same, it’s gradually changing as the car/truck demand is slowing with higher interest rates and money tightening.

I wasn’t calling him out. I was making sure he realized if he has enough for a GTS, he can buy a 718 GT4. Then you jumped in with nonsense.
Back to talking about Emiras…
I ment a USED 2022 992CS or a 2022 USED 718 GT4. It was like 3am here in Dubai. lol

Anyway my bad on sending this into a tangent lol

I ment a USED 2022 992CS or a 2022 USED 718 GT4. It was like 3am here in Dubai. lol

Anyway my bad on sending this into a tangent lol
The beauty of money, you get to decide.. I have seen the Emira in the flesh. It is arrestingly beautiful a real neck breaker… In all honesty the looks and the driving experience are miles apart from Porsche’s “ I know I have a few “. Like all kids I have always wanted a Ferrari, Lamborghini & McLaren.
The Emira is just as exotic with an engine that is easier to live with and a suspension that makes daily driving a real possibility…
Chose what you want. I have and when Porsche owners see customers cars They will ask themselves I could have purchased an Emira if I only had waited…
It’s that special!
Just hoping the reliability and customer support keeps on improving continuously…

The beauty of money, you get to decide.. I have seen the Emira in the flesh. It is arrestingly beautiful a real neck breaker… In all honesty the looks and the driving experience are miles apart from Porsche’s “ I know I have a few “. Like all kids I have always wanted a Ferrari, Lamborghini & McLaren.
The Emira is just as exotic with an engine that is easier to live with and a suspension that makes daily driving a real possibility…
Chose what you want. I have and when Porsche owners see customers cars They will ask themselves I could have purchased an Emira if I only had waited…
It’s that special!
Just hoping the reliability and customer support keeps on improving continuously…
It’s the massive amounts of delays at this point, FY2025 for something i put a deposit for in Jan 2022 is a bit insane. If it wasn’t for the delays i wouldn’t mind spending my money on the Emira what so ever, despite the issues with the I4. Through building a 718 GT4 should be fun, i loved my 718 GTS.

Create an account or login to comment

Join now to leave a comment enjoy browsing the site ad-free!

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back