• The September 2024 Lotus Emira Photo of the Month contest is underway! Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 September 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

USA/Canada Delivery Thread

January 2023 deposit placed, expected to receive a base model eventually but received an email stating I got a FE 2.0 allocation for summer or ‘24 delivery. Unfortunately timing doesn’t work out now as I’ve since picked up a 2011 V12 Vantage and it’s too soon for me to be adding another vehicle 😬. That being said, my sales guy told me his rep said the base price would be a little above 90k and optioning it to a first edition equivalent would actually come out to 1-2k less than the current FE 2.0 pricing. They basically said it would be less because it doesn’t have the FE badging.. That seems to be the opposite of what we’re expecting with the base prices. Anyone hear anything similar about base pricing? I still hope to order a base model one day when the timing is right regardless of the price difference, it’s just not the right time right now and I finally got my original dream car!
Damn, that is a opposite of what I was figuring. I was a 2022 deposit, expecting to get a base. But also got an email about getting an FE 2.0 allocation and went ahead and submitted my config for an April build. I was expecting base + same options to be more than the FE. Otherwise I would have maybe just waited for base, I don't care about the badging. May also have more (better) colors by the time base is started.

DV (left) and Shadow Gray (right)
I for one will not look at the photo of DV with black gloss wheels because you were bullied into doing this. I don't condone bullying. I am also not looking at the tan interior with the gated shifter nor the Shadow Gray with diamond cut wheels. And I really I am not looking at the DV Ice Grey interior since that is my spec. Bullying is not acceptable and you don't have to go back and take any pictures of other colors.

Damn, that is a opposite of what I was figuring. I was a 2022 deposit, expecting to get a base. But also got an email about getting an FE 2.0 allocation and went ahead and submitted my config for an April build. I was expecting base + same options to be more than the FE. Otherwise I would have maybe just waited for base, I don't care about the badging. May also have more (better) colors by the time base is started.
There's a 0% chance that loaded base editions will be less $ than first editions, this is exhibit 1 million of dealers talking out of their ass

There's a 0% chance that loaded base editions will be less $ than first editions, this is exhibit 1 million of dealers talking out of their ass
Yeah I honestly don’t believe it myself, but it wasn’t going to change my situation either way. Will be curious to what actually happens when the realize the base configurator.

Given Lotus' promise of delivering a NA car in December, and the rapidly increasing rate of posts in this thread, I predict we'll hit 300 pages simultaneously with that first delivery. Both are worthy goals. Carry on.
Dang, I was hoping to hit the 300 page mark but Lotus has technically delivered at page 289. I missed by 11 pages but it was fun playing.

Has anyone tried to access lotuscar.com today? I got a very strange 403 response in Chinese that translates to "Your request may be a threat and has been intercepted!"

DV (left) and Shadow Gray (right)
Thank you for sharing the photos @DaaS (even if it was under duress!)
1702052316146.jpeg

Has anyone tried to access lotuscar.com today? I got a very strange 403 response in Chinese that translates to "Your request may be a threat and has been intercepted!"
It's lotuscarS.com

I'm sure @KAR120C was using lotuscars.com but he might be behind a vpn or in a network that is being blocked by lotuscars.com CDN.

They're using both CloudFront for pages and Cloudflare for resources.

Create an account or login to comment

Join now to leave a comment enjoy browsing the site ad-free!

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back