• The September 2024 Lotus Emira Photo of the Month contest is underway! Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 September 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

USA/Canada Delivery Thread

What is this? I thought US had no ADAS?

1702061167647.png

Those are just ultrasonic proximity (parking) sensors from my understanding, not what you need for ADAS.

So is this an option for our FE's? I thought that was only bundled with the ADAS.

So is this an option for our FE's? I thought that was only bundled with the ADAS.

The front parking sensors are a part of the Convenience Pack, not the ADAS pack, which includes "adaptive cruise control, anti-collision system, fatigue alert, road sign information, vehicle speed limiter, lane departure warning, rear cross traffic alert, lane change assist."

Yes, that’s a parking sensor. There are 2 in the front, but the second one is not as visible in that picture.

The front parking sensors are a part of the Convenience Pack, not the ADAS pack, which includes "adaptive cruise control, anti-collision system, fatigue alert, road sign information, vehicle speed limiter, lane departure warning, rear cross traffic alert, lane change assist."
So did they add all of that now? The website still says only rear parking sensors are part of the package under "comfort".

I just moved back to Jacksonville. If these are at World Imports, I'll try to go do some recon of the rear bumpers later today or first thing tomorrow morning. This is the most exciting development in years on this forum :ROFLMAO:

I just moved back to Jacksonville. If these are at World Imports, I'll try to go do some recon of the rear bumpers later today or first thing tomorrow morning. This is the most exciting development in years on this forum :ROFLMAO:
That's where they are at.

IMG_5738.jpeg

No bumper covers. Hilariously there was a cat licking himself on the rear decklid when I showed up. Imagine if they were at the port and instead it was seagulls shitting on them for 2 months haha.

I have a few more quick photos I’ll post when I get back home. This car looks so much better in person, I’m excited.

Edit: typo

Last edited:
View attachment 34159
No bumper covers. Hilariously there was a cat licking himself on the read decklid when I showed up. Imagine if they were at the port and instead it was seagulls shitting on them for 2 months haha.

I have a few more quick photos I’ll post when I get back home. This car looks so much better in person, I’m excited.
Hey at least is was a kitty, and not a crocodile or whatever... 😅

In any case, thanks for this great photo, and for answering one of the last remaining questions we had about North American Emiras! You've done a great service to this forum. 🙏

View attachment 34159
No bumper covers. Hilariously there was a cat licking himself on the read decklid when I showed up. Imagine if they were at the port and instead it was seagulls shitting on them for 2 months haha.

Which FL dealer was this? Sorry if I missed it earlier

For those wondering (and I know you are out there), the transportation truck was fully enclosed and there were more Emira’s in it. It was likely going further south, so Lotus of Orlando and Naples might be getting some cars delivered today too.

Most of the credit goes to @DaaS, I never would've expected them to arrive at dealers this fast, let alone at a smaller one in Jacksonville of all places. Both cars had "not for sale" stickers on the windshield. Either because of the pending CARB approval or maybe dealer demos? Probably the former if I had to guess.

I didn't hang around long because I felt weird loitering in a gated lot of import cars, but with the exception of the amber reflectors in the headlight housings, the cars looked visually identical to the euro spec cars we're used to. More low quality run and gun photos attached.

Attachments

• IMG_5753.JPG
    IMG_5753.JPG
    359.4 KB · Views: 258
  • IMG_5746.JPG
    IMG_5746.JPG
    542.9 KB · Views: 245
  • IMG_5742.JPG
    IMG_5742.JPG
    406.1 KB · Views: 247
  • IMG_5741.JPG
    IMG_5741.JPG