• The September 2024 Lotus Emira Photo of the Month contest is underway! Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 September 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

USA/Canada Delivery Thread

Also. The magma red is actually much brighter than what you see on the configurator and look really nice.

Attachments

• IMG_5308.jpg
    IMG_5308.jpg
    375.4 KB · Views: 142
Also. The magma red is actually much brighter than what you see on the configurator and look really nice.
I mean if only lotus would have shown us this shit before us 1.0's had to make a choice lol. I never even got to see a Nimbus on a real car before I had to select. Magma looks great.

I was also told that the V6 base will be delayed to the 2nd half or more likely end of 2024 but they'll most likely get another allocation for FE 2.0 manual and if I want, I can probably have my V6 manual before my I4 at the end of 2024 as I was in the front of the base queue (just missed the 2.0 cut off by a couple weeks).

Last edited:
I stopped by my local dealer (Glenview) - they received 4 cars this morning. All are green in color. I looked over one of them... as reported, you can see the shifter. Likewise, it has 2 parking sensors in the front.

Interestingly, it had a yellow sticker in the center of the windshield "Not For Sale".

I have an FE 2.0 (manual) on order, so hopefully I see it this spring.

Cheers.

How much longer do they have their demos?

Most likely past the weekend at least as they were talking to people on the phone who wants to come in during or after the weekend.. They have the Shadow Grey and Magma Red now, what color was there when you were there last time?

Last edited:
Most like past the weekend at least as they were talking to people on the phone who wants to come in during or after the weekend.. They have the Shadow Grey and Magma Red now, what color was there when you were there last time?
They had a yellow the first time and then a blue last time. I'll drop by this weekend with my wife she still hasn't seen magma in person.

They had a yellow the first time and then a blue last time. I'll drop by this weekend with my wife she still hasn't seen magma in person.
Is that what you ordered? I may change from Vivid to Magma on my V6 manual when it comes time to configure it.

Is that what you ordered? I may change from Vivid to Magma on my V6 manual when it comes time to configure it.

Yeah I ordered magma black pack v6 manual with silver wheels, black alcantara red stitch, and alcantara wheel.

Yeah I ordered magma black pack v6 manual with silver wheels, black alcantara red stitch, and alcantara wheel.
BTW, Tom said that some of their FE 1.0 was on the first boat that arrived including his and it should be there soon.

To be taken with a large grain of salt as usual but my sales contact also believes that with the delay in I4 production. There will likely be only one I4 spec for the whole world, namely the M139 with 298Kw that was submitted to the NHTSA

I’m going to the dealership to see if I can drive KitKat’s car before he’s legally able to purchase it and will post videos driving it like a scalded ape.

I met an awesome guy named Neal at EArth Motorcars in Dallas. He let me come down and take an Emira for a rip in October.

He said this to me earlier today:

"Our first shipment will arrive here today around 4pm!!!
We will get 5 on this first truck load!"

Just wanted to give you guys a heads up

Amazing to see photos. Glad I gave myself a disclaimer in passing along the news from my NYC area dealer that cars are going to stay at the port.

I sent my SA there photos from this thread and warned him that they may need to figure out storage after all. He can't believe it, as based on everything I'm sure the U.S. rep really did tell him the cars weren't coming. Jury is still out if they'll be sending to Carb states but in my mind I fail to see the difference at this point if all are on stop sale regardless.
I suspect Lotus may be doing something differently for dealers that don't have physical storage space to hold an entire allocation of cars that can't yet be sold.

So are we confirming 1.0's and 2.0's will be delivered at the same time?
The only way I can see that happening is that particular color has such a low volume run that they ran some 2.0 to meet the minimum paint run. Otherwise, It maybe a fluke that the loading order have some 2.0 loaded in the mix because of parking arrangement at the port. Actually, Why not? Lotus claims to have finished 500 FE a few weeks ago. Given that FE allocation was for 700 cars total including V6 Auto. With the delay on the auto, Lotus should be well into FE 2.0 now.

Last edited: