• The September 2024 Lotus Emira Photo of the Month contest is underway! Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 September 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

USA/Canada Delivery Thread

Most of the credit goes to @DaaS, I never would've expected them to arrive at dealers this fast, let alone at a smaller one in Jacksonville of all places. Both cars had "not for sale" stickers on the windshield. Either because of the pending CARB approval or maybe dealer demos? Probably the former if I had to guess.

I didn't hang around long because I felt weird loitering in a gated lot of import cars, but with the exception of the amber reflectors in the headlight housings, the cars looked visually identical to the euro spec cars we're used to. More low quality run and gun photos attached.
Photo of the year. 👏😂🏆

IMG_5737 2.JPG

DV (left) and Shadow Gray (right)
This picture makes me so happy for so many reasons.

1. Oh yeah “impossible” to photograph - best answer - just take a picture of DV next to any other color…

2. Real cars. Real. Cars.

3. Nothing is ever perfect. Nothing. “Every mirror is used” - think about it.
This thing had a cat sitting on it… So awesome.

4. The “US Directional/Turn Signal” is nothing like anything I’ve seen depicted yet (though I may have missed it) and it’s not that bad.

5. License plates do not belong on the front of this car. No way. Not doing it.
LOVE no holes.
Do the right thing dealers!

So happy today. Awesome!

January 2023 deposit placed, expected to receive a base model eventually but received an email stating I got a FE 2.0 allocation for summer or ‘24 delivery. Unfortunately timing doesn’t work out now as I’ve since picked up a 2011 V12 Vantage and it’s too soon for me to be adding another vehicle 😬. That being said, my sales guy told me his rep said the base price would be a little above 90k and optioning it to a first edition equivalent would actually come out to 1-2k less than the current FE 2.0 pricing. They basically said it would be less because it doesn’t have the FE badging.. That seems to be the opposite of what we’re expecting with the base prices. Anyone hear anything similar about base pricing? I still hope to order a base model one day when the timing is right regardless of the price difference, it’s just not the right time right now and I finally got my original dream car!
For this Base-plus total in an FE configuration to add up to less than the FE2 price would require the source to know the exact pricing of the future Base car and individual options.
This seems unlikely 6-9 months ahead of Base ordering data.
The loaded FE used to represent a $3-5,000 discount off a similar Base build-up.
Call me skeptical....

View attachment 34159
No bumper covers. Hilariously there was a cat licking himself on the rear decklid when I showed up. Imagine if they were at the port and instead it was seagulls shitting on them for 2 months haha.

I have a few more quick photos I’ll post when I get back home. This car looks so much better in person, I’m excited.

Edit: typo
I think this one is the 3rd CAT delete everyone has gone on about.

Most of the credit goes to @DaaS, I never would've expected them to arrive at dealers this fast, let alone at a smaller one in Jacksonville of all places. Both cars had "not for sale" stickers on the windshield. Either because of the pending CARB approval or maybe dealer demos? Probably the former if I had to guess.

I didn't hang around long because I felt weird loitering in a gated lot of import cars, but with the exception of the amber reflectors in the headlight housings, the cars looked visually identical to the euro spec cars we're used to. More low quality run and gun photos attached.
You sir, are a scholar, a gentleman, and a judge of fine whiskey!

This picture makes me so happy for so many reasons.

1. Oh yeah “impossible” to photograph - best answer - just take a picture of DV next to any other color…

2. Real cars. Real. Cars.

3. Nothing is ever perfect. Nothing. “Every mirror is used” - think about it.
This thing had a cat sitting on it… So awesome.

4. The “US Directional/Turn Signal” is nothing like anything I’ve seen depicted yet (though I may have missed it) and it’s not that bad.

5. License plates do not belong on the front of this car. No way. Not doing it.
LOVE no holes.
Do the right thing dealers!

So happy today. Awesome!
Yes. It also shows that even cats prefer DV over SG!

For this Base-plus total in an FE configuration to add up to less than the FE2 price would require the source to know the exact pricing of the future Base car and individual options.
This seems unlikely 6-9 months ahead of Base ordering data.
The loaded FE used to represent a $3-5,000 discount off a similar Base build-up.
Call me skeptical....
I agree. This just what the sales guy told me his lotus rep told him. It would be interesting if true, but I doubt it will be.

Amazing to see photos. Glad I gave myself a disclaimer in passing along the news from my NYC area dealer that cars are going to stay at the port.

I sent my SA there photos from this thread and warned him that they may need to figure out storage after all. He can't believe it, as based on everything I'm sure the U.S. rep really did tell him the cars weren't coming. Jury is still out if they'll be sending to Carb states but in my mind I fail to see the difference at this point if all are on stop sale regardless.

When I picked up my Z06 a few months ago, it had cat paw prints all across the car. Must be the new security system dealers are using as the dogs are too easily lured with raw steaks.

Thanks for the pics, so awesome to see actual real cars on US soil after almost 3 years. Thanks to DaaS for the first spot, he wasn't the sleuth we wanted but the sleuth we needed today

My dealer never called me back. Wanting to know when to plan a trip!!!

Just did my test drive this morning. my only concern was getting in and out and am glad to say it was perfectly fine. My sales guy also forwarded me a couple short video he shot while he was at the factory a couple months ago and there's a good side by side comparison on the Magma and Vivid Red and one with just a glimpse of the Osmium SIlver and some other color. Here's the links