• The September 2024 Lotus Emira Photo of the Month contest is underway! Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 September 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

USA/Canada Delivery Thread

Anyone heard of any possible earlier completions for CARB certs other than end of
Seriously, though…Anyone on this thread feel like contacting CARB directly? I may do so on my own, but likely will ask one or more friends who make more sense to reach out.

(https://ww2.arb.ca.gov/contact-us)

There is even a “Media Inquiries” contact…
This is for Cali. I believe they are waiting on a federal cert

We also have no real idea where in the pipeline it is..........Lotus may say late December, early Jan, but how can we trust them when they have been making us drop the soap for 3 years now?

We also have no real idea where in the pipeline it is..........Lotus may say late December, early Jan, but how can we trust them when they have been making us drop the soap for 3 years now?
I’ve been asking if anyone has any proof of the federal EPA regulations certification? I can’t find the Emira on the EPA database, just the 2021 Evora GT. We’ve all accepted as fact that Lotus has passed federal emissions but where is the paperwork to prove it?

I’ve been asking if anyone has any proof of the federal EPA regulations certification? I can’t find the Emira on the EPA database, just the 2021 Evora GT. We’ve all accepted as fact that Lotus has passed federal emissions but where is the paperwork to prove it?
I have a feeling it (EPA approval) is still pending. If not, what specific rationale is there for non-CARB state buyers to not be able to take delivery? I just haven't seen any concrete reasoning for this. It makes no sense to be concerned about transfer from non-CARB states to CARB states as you'd have to register the vehicle in the CARB state to drive it which obviously wouldn't be allowed until it passes that as well. Something just doesn't add up. However, at this point I've mostly just decided not to concern myself with it and just wait until my dealer says "come get your Emira"

A friend who has a cousin that works at CARB reached out on my behalf.

image.png

Guh.
You literally cannot make this stuff up.

Meaning just all the stuff this forum has encountered trying to get a sports car to drive.

If this is the 3rd boat I am to believe my DV is on there...
I think so.

I was told a few weeks ago my car was on the 3rd boat and due to arrive at the dealership on the 22nd.

Today they confirmed the truck should arrive tomorrow morning.

You literally cannot make this stuff up.

Meaning just all the stuff this forum has encountered trying to get a sports car to drive.
Honestly I’ve achieved meme status amongst my car acquaintances in regards to the Emira. I get clowned on every few months about this car because I’m still waiting for it.

Honestly I’ve achieved meme status amongst my car acquaintances in regards to the Emira. I get clowned on every few months about this car because I’m still waiting for it.
You understand that possession will impinge on your celebrity status.

I have a feeling it (EPA approval) is still pending. If not, what specific rationale is there for non-CARB state buyers to not be able to take delivery? I just haven't seen any concrete reasoning for this. It makes no sense to be concerned about transfer from non-CARB states to CARB states as you'd have to register the vehicle in the CARB state to drive it which obviously wouldn't be allowed until it passes that as well. Something just doesn't add up. However, at this point I've mostly just decided not to concern myself with it and just wait until my dealer says "come get your Emira"
I’m thinking the damn thing can’t pass either Federal or CARB and the dealership will get stuck installing some kit that we’ll have to remove. The fucker is already bordering on slow; a 12.7 1/4 mile and 4 plus to 60. We’re leaving sports car territory soon especially if they have to restrict exhaust anymore

I think so.

I was told a few weeks ago my car was on the 3rd boat and due to arrive at the dealership on the 22nd.

Today they confirmed the truck should arrive tomorrow morning.
I was told third boat leaves port from england on 22nd, but I think they may have had it confused.

Makes sense...it can't pass epa or carb...they fire the poor bloke that was running it...now scrambling and leaving dealers paying storage fees for cars they can't legally sell. They've fucked the buyers so hard they are now sticking it to the dealers!!!! BIG IF TRUE.

I was told third boat leaves port from england on 22nd, but I think they may have had it confused.

Very possible. I was told cars arrive on the 22nd to the dealership. It wouldn’t be the first time they’ve given me wrong information though.

Makes sense...it can't pass epa or carb...they fire the poor bloke that was running it...now scrambling and leaving dealers paying storage fees for cars they can't legally sell. They've fucked the buyers so hard they are now sticking it to the dealers!!!! BIG IF TRUE.

The regulations engineer that passed the Evora is still employed at Lotus so I doubt that's the issue.

Create an account or login to comment

Join now to leave a comment enjoy browsing the site ad-free!

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back