• The September 2024 Lotus Emira Photo of the Month contest is underway! Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 September 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

USA/Canada Delivery Thread

Also for timeline reference.... Deposit V6 Manual Feb 1, 2022, #110 at that time in Dallas. Final confirmation for V2 Sept 14, 2023. Build scheduled for Feb 24, 2024 with delivery eta May.
Dallas only needed a $2500 deposit and was informed that I can cancel and be refunded anytime still as they would have no problem reselling and making $$$. After finalizing my build 3 months ago I emailed yesterday to confirm still on track with Feb build and yes no delays. So we should be expecting more boats until all FEs 1 and 2 are complete for North America.
Some interesting info here, I placed my deposit in Dallas in Sept 2022 and I think I was 130-ish. Checked during their recent demo test drives in Oct 2023 and was I believe 70-ish. Got the email to submit final config early in December for an April build june/july delivery. No idea if the position on the list was mixed in with autos or if that many people cancelled. But still (happily) surprised none the less that I was able to get an FE2.0.

I believe the original 500 FE 1.0's included cars with automatics. Lotus has apparently only produced the manuals out of that bunch, which means some of the original 500 aren't included in these shipments.
From the most recent dealer meeting as relayed by @GatorMotorsport :
  • 500 V6 Manual Emira are being shipped to North America now. These will arrive in several large batches, with the first due at port next week. We will receive an update on which cars are coming first in the next few days.
Hopefully we will see more ships pop-up in the shipment records.

Hmmm, so only about 370 total so far, that means there is a fourth or maybe even fifth boat?
I suspect the concept we are all stuck on is "shipment", as in production batch, rather than "boat".

Based on the numbers, we are probably looking at the first shipment, or possibly the first and part of the second. I fully expect additional ships into Baltimore between now and mid-January with seemingly random numbers of FE 1.0 and FE 2.0 cars.

From the most recent dealer meeting as relayed by @GatorMotorsport :
  • 500 V6 Manual Emira are being shipped to North America now. These will arrive in several large batches, with the first due at port next week. We will receive an update on which cars are coming first in the next few days.
Hopefully we will see more ships pop-up in the shipment records.
Like I said, some of the ORIGINAL 500 which were all FE 1.0's, and included automatics. The 500 manuals being shipped clearly have a mix of the original FE 1.0's and manual FE 2.0's.

I don’t know if this is already been covered, but I spoke to my dealer today, who is based in the north east, and is in a carb state. I understood from that conversation that no cars are going to carb states at this time. The non-carb states are receiving cars as we have seen, but when the dealer takes receivership of the car, they have to pay Lotus i.e. Lotus is trying to get a head-start on getting some money in. Having said that, the dealers are allowed to charge back a storage fee where necessary. Presumably, the carb dealers are legally allowed to pay for the cars.

I believe the original 500 FE 1.0's included cars with automatics. Lotus has apparently only produced the manuals out of that bunch, which means some of the original 500 aren't included in these shipments.

Some interesting info here, I placed my deposit in Dallas in Sept 2022 and I think I was 130-ish. Checked during their recent demo test drives in Oct 2023 and was I believe 70-ish. Got the email to submit final config early in December for an April build june/july delivery. No idea if the position on the list was mixed in with autos or if that many people cancelled. But still (happily) surprised none the less that I was able to get an FE2.0.
That #70ish makes sense... after only 3 months I had moved to #68 from #110 but that didn't change much for the following year. So I must have moved considerably once people started getting the call to commit.... hence the 2.0. And they most be getting many more 2.0 then originally expected hence your 2.0! I think this i4 and Auto delay has benefits for anyone wanting the v6 maual. They will crank out as many v6 manuals they can (calling them V2) until CARB and the holdup is over on the Autos and i4. Then for anyone with a v6 manual base order in at that point it will be a waiting game until all the rest of the FE Auto and i4 orders are caught up. About 3 months before they switch over to building Autos and i4s again the FE V2 order confirmations will be done. Then finally base models will have a chance.

Last edited:
I got to sit in mine today at Naples 😍, so stoked. Can confirm they have a vivid, meridian, and zinc. Alex from Naples is the man, he pretended like mine hadn't arrived and surprised me with my car when I got there. The waiting is almost over folks!

I got to sit in mine today at Naples 😍, so stoked. Can confirm they have a vivid, meridian, and zinc. Alex from Naples is the man, he pretended like mine hadn't arrived and surprised me with my car when I got there. The waiting is almost over folks!
Any pics would be greatly appreciated! 😁

Is there different badging on FE 2.0s? How can you tell them apart?

I suspect the concept we are all stuck on is "shipment", as in production batch, rather than "boat".

Based on the numbers, we are probably looking at the first shipment, or possibly the first and part of the second. I fully expect additional ships into Baltimore between now and mid-January with

Is there different badging on FE 2.0s? How can you

Is there different badging on FE 2.0s? How can you tell them apart?
V2 is basically an oops edition. Sorry we said the vehicle will be under $100k and also we did not expect so many deposits and delays. But since we will be raising the cost and still nowhere near ready to hand over cars, yet alone implement the base model. Let's make true FE clients that thought they were buying into a special limited edition experience feel taken for a ride. They really should have given the FE buyers access to all the color options.

V2 is basically an oops edition. Sorry we said the vehicle will be under $100k and also we did not expect so many deposits and delays. But since we will be raising the cost and still nowhere near ready to hand over cars, yet alone implement the base model. Let's make true FE clients that thought they were buying into a special limited edition experience feel taken for a ride. They really should have given the FE buyers access to all the color options.
I agree but at a much increased price for those getting the F2.. I will take the lower price all day long. They did the same to Evora owners in 2010, when the cars did not sell & came out with a 11k+ rebate to lower entry cost. I picked up a loaded new 2011 Evora for 62k back then, it was a great price. .

Live in Texas no front plates on my cars & I have no issues. Also in Dallas my friends FE-2 showed up.
Stunning color. Having owned a Persian Blue Exige S240 for many years this is one of the colors that makes me the most excited. I am a May 23 deposit so I am late to the party. Will probably get a base but want to be prepared. Anybody have a good picture of Osmium silver yet? Happy all you guys that have waited so long see the end in sight.

Under-promise and over-deliver.... there's a novel thought. Listening, Lotus?

Any word on Galpin Lotus getting cars? My contact there doesn't give me much info. Last I heard I might see my car April-June. Hoping it might be a little sooner but ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Any word on Galpin Lotus getting cars? My contact there doesn't give me much info. Last I heard I might see my car April-June. Hoping it might be a little sooner but ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
They are saying February for 1.0 deliveries and no 2.0's in California until several months after that. Not sure I believe this as we have already seen 2.0's in the states and I am skeptical that if testing for CARB is slated for the end of January, approval will be given immediately.

Create an account or login to comment

Join now to leave a comment enjoy browsing the site ad-free!

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back