• The September 2024 Lotus Emira Photo of the Month contest is underway! Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 September 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

USA/Canada Delivery Thread

Didn't realize those were different? They are all first editions, just a late batch. 🤷🏻‍♂️
Which makes me wonder why it's FE and FE 2.0 at all as opposed to just as longer run of FE.

Like I said, some of the ORIGINAL 500 which were all FE 1.0's, and included automatics. The 500 manuals being shipped clearly have a mix of the original FE 1.0's and manual FE 2.0's.
Oooooh, you were referring to the 500 for the original total US FE 1.0 allocation. I was referring to the 500 manuals shipped.

Some interesting info here, I placed my deposit in Dallas in Sept 2022 and I think I was 130-ish. Checked during their recent demo test drives in Oct 2023 and was I believe 70-ish. Got the email to submit final config early in December for an April build june/july delivery. No idea if the position on the list was mixed in with autos or if that many people cancelled. But still (happily) surprised none the less that I was able to get an FE2.0.
So you placed a deposit 1 month before me and we get totally opposite time lines and outcomes.. frustrating I get zero updates or information on timelines. A basic idea on a delivery date would be nice.. so I could plan a little.

I deposited Oct 2022 $5k at a Toronto Dealership. I was told I'm 163 but have moved up some spots due to cancellations and delays etc. Pretty much crickets since. Nice dealership and always takes my call.
From the little hints and very little info I could extract from them, it seems like I have to wait another 1yr maybe more. lol...

Last edited:
So you placed a deposit 1 month before me and we get totally opposite time lines and outcomes.. frustrating I get zero updates or information on timelines. A basic idea on a delivery date would be nice.. so I could plan a little.

I deposited Oct 2022 $5k at a Toronto Dealership. I was told I'm 163 but have moved up some spots due to cancellations and delays etc. Pretty much crickets since. Nice dealership and always takes my call.
From the little hints and very little info I could extract from them, it seems like I have to wait another 1yr maybe more. lol...
Welcome to the Lotus Experience.

I was in the same boat as you with a Sept. 2021 deposit last month and just received an F/E V2 in Dec. .... Canada just gets less allocations than our American counterparts. Hang in there!

Finally talked to my dealer about my FE2.0 which I submitted my official order in August 23. Was told then would be a dec/jan build. He was able to give me my VIN # so he thought it was in preproduction planning or somewhere in the process of being built. Didn't think it was it at port yet since he said they know when the car is ready to be shipped on the ship. Fine with me as I dont want it sitting at the dealer any longer than necessary waiting on CARB. Said it usually about 6 weeks total from UK shipping to shows up in Nashville. He guessed late February delivery. Assuming CARB approved of course.
Not sure how true any of that is...just what was told.
On the complete other side of your good news, I called my dealer yesterday. I am also waiting for a FE 2.0 and submitted on August 18, 2023. At the time of the order, his confirmation email said April delivery. Yesterday he was adamant that my car will be BUILT in April with a FALL delivery. I asked about VINs and he acted like everybody on the forum who has one is either crazy or lying. He has no VINs and no cars. I wonder where he is getting his information, obviously not where your rep is getting his good news.

On the complete other side of your good news, I called my dealer yesterday. I am also waiting for a FE 2.0 and submitted on August 18, 2023. At the time of the order, his confirmation email said April delivery. Yesterday he was adamant that my car will be BUILT in April with a FALL delivery. I asked about VINs and he acted like everybody on the forum who has one is either crazy or lying. He has no VINs and no cars. I wonder where he is getting his information, obviously not where your rep is getting his good news.
If your dealer is in a CARB state then it's likely they have no info whatsoever.

I am in the same "boat" :) as you, a V6 manual I presume? MD (assuming Rockville?) is a CARB state, so not surprised he has no cars orVINs yet. A couple weeks ago he it was still looking like April 24 delivery for a FE 2.0 V6 manual with my final configuration submitted in 16 Aug 2023. In August he mentioned the build would be in Dec/Jan for an April delivery. I presume if CARB is not approved in January timeframes will move out.

I am in the same "boat" :) as you, a V6 manual I presume? MD (assuming Rockville?) is a CARB state, so not surprised he has no cars orVINs yet. A couple weeks ago he it was still looking like April 24 delivery for a FE 2.0 V6 manual with my final configuration submitted in 16 Aug 2023. In August he mentioned the build would be in Dec/Jan for an April delivery. I presume if CARB is not approved in January timeframes will move out.
Yes, Rockville. I didn't know no cars delivered means no access to any VIN information. Aero's car is somewhere in the build stage and his dealer has some visibility, meaning a VIN. I'm just hoping what I heard yesterday is completely wrong and what you heard a few weeks ago will be what happens.

Did you at least get the FE 2
Yes, I have a Atlantis Blue coming. After calling my Lotus Austin dealer and asking for a manager to discuss my poor experience, only to get my sales guy calling me back defensive and rude, I have a VIN and status of "On water".

For the CARB states and those dealers not having any cars, that doesn't seem to make sense to me. Since we're being told no cars can be released until CARB certification happens. Then it shouldn't matter.

Yes, I have a Atlantis Blue coming. After calling my Lotus Austin dealer and asking for a manager to discuss my poor experience, only to get my sales guy calling me back defensive and rude, I have a VIN and status of "On water".

For the CARB states and those dealers not having any cars, that doesn't seem to make sense to me. Since we're being told no cars can be released until CARB certification happens. Then it shouldn't matter.
Great color
Wow pretty disgusting of them. Lotus imo is just a sideline business for them so do they really care about a Lotus customer

I got to sit in mine today at Naples 😍, so stoked. Can confirm they have a vivid, meridian, and zinc. Alex from Naples is the man, he pretended like mine hadn't arrived and surprised me with my car when I got there. The waiting is almost over folks!
Would very much appreciate any photos / videos of Meridian blue if possible. That is my spec and have yet to see any real good pictures of it.

Here's a couple of edit: atlantis and vivid. I got excited about my car and didn't take many pics of the other specs.

Attachments

• 20231222_152509.jpg
    20231222_152509.jpg
    531.4 KB · Views: 277
  • 20231222_152516.jpg
    20231222_152516.jpg
    547.8 KB · Views: 281
  • 20231222_152526.jpg
    20231222_152526.jpg
    563.9 KB · Views: 286
Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

Join now to leave a comment enjoy browsing the site ad-free!

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back