• The September 2024 Lotus Emira Photo of the Month contest is underway! Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 September 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

USA/Canada Delivery Thread

Is it just me or does the Emira look SO MUCH BETTER without a front plate?? Sorry for those of you in front plate states.
100% absolutely. Texas technically requires one but im definitely going to ignore that law just like I do with my current car.

luckily they dont seem to enforce it. only ever got a warning after 4 years with no front plate

100% absolutely. Texas technically requires one but im definitely going to ignore that law just like I do with my current car.

luckily they dont seem to enforce it. only ever got a warning after 4 years with no front plate
The only time I got pulled over up in the northeast was for my old 335 like 10 years ago, and he was complimenting me on the car... MF still slapped me a ticket lol.

13573899-1426104484897.jpg

TX seems like somewhat of an outlier in this graphic

Is it just me or does the Emira look SO MUCH BETTER without a front plate?? Sorry for those of you in front plate states.
I’m planning to do without it and if I get pulled over hope to get off saying “I thought Doug Ford said they were no longer needed”.

So out of 286 cars received in the US so far, almost 100 of them went to Naples?
They claim to be the largest Lotus dealer in the World so I imagine they’d have the largest allocation.

Ask and you shall receive
TyY5Qr5.jpg
Ok, so just to play devil's advocate here... I went and found their account and they have two back-to-back stories with the same car — one a video, the other the photo. And I'm wondering if it really is Vivid Red after all? Because look how dark the car's colour looks in the video, and I'm wondering if they maybe just jacked up the brightness & saturation in the photo, as we've seen so many others do? I could be wrong...

Screenshot_20231220_194345_Instagram.jpg
Screenshot_20231220_182257_Instagram.jpg

Ok, so just to play devil's advocate here... I went and found their account and they have two back-to-back stories with the same car — one a video, the other the photo. And I'm wondering if it really is Vivid Red after all? Because look how dark the car's colour looks in the video, and I'm wondering if they maybe just jacked up the brightness & saturation in the photo, as we've seen so many others do? I could be wrong...

View attachment 34580View attachment 34581
They definitely ran a vivid filter on the second pic. That red doesn't look like any of the current offerings. The upper one looks exactly as expected. My two cents.

They definitely ran a vivid filter on the second pic. That red doesn't look like any of the current offerings. The upper one looks exactly as expected. My two cents.
Fake news on a Lotus forum, get the heck outta here! 😉

Caught a US-spec Magma Red Emira during tonight’s Eletre reveal in SLC. Exciting night!! I think these two will look great together in the garage.

IMG_1035.jpeg

IMG_1049.jpeg

View attachment 34580View attachment 34581

Here's a short vid that my sales contact sent me from his trip to the factory. it shows a Magma and Vivid next to each other.

I'm going on fri, and may be getting a talking to, but give me your requests lol
1) Can you confirm that they indeed received a Vivid Red Emira And take a picture.
2)Can you also confirm how many V2.0 they received.
3) Can you verify where they are planning on storing nearly 100 Emira‘s.

1) Can you confirm that they indeed received a Vivid Red Emira And take a picture.
2)Can you also confirm how many V2.0 they received.
3) Can you verify where they are planning on storing nearly 100 Emira‘s.
I realize this was being asked in the context of Naples..... but yesterday I was at Lotus of Glenview (Chicago...) and they had both a Vivid Red and a Magma Red, I only snapped a photo of the Vivid (V2.0), but they definitely had both.

I did not specifically ask how many 2.0s they have received, but it seemed like it was just one or two. He mentioned they already sent 6 Emiras to a warehouse for storage and they probably had another 6 or so sitting around the dealership, so 12+ received. I did not specifically ask how many they have already received. They have not yet received their demo car.

I specifically discussed the Vivid Red, and the fact that they received a 2.0 with my sales guy. I have a 2.0 that they originally told me would be this summer - he now thinks it will actually be sooner, like March.

Attachments

• Dec 2023 Red Lotus.jpg
    Dec 2023 Red Lotus.jpg
    66.5 KB · Views: 142
I have a 2.0 that they originally told me would be this summer - he now thinks it will actually be sooner, like March.

Yup, I think this makes a lot of sense for Lotus given the people waiting and their current limitations.

Create an account or login to comment

Join now to leave a comment enjoy browsing the site ad-free!

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back