• The September 2024 Lotus Emira Photo of the Month contest is underway! Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 September 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

USA/Canada Delivery Thread

Damn that chalk grey paint wasn’t on the original paint spec… but now I wonder if that’s the color… I’m gonna go… maybe I’ll still do red/magma red… for the Ferrari effect w/ tan interior…

You definitely still have a choice. FE 2.0 allocations are literally available now for late spring delivery. The base car may still be a full year away from even being orderable, and the price will likely hike again by then.

I would regard the "base" car (and its' originally suggested lower price point) to both be vaporware until the entirety of the market gets its appetite for loaded FE cars fully sated. It could be a while, and in the meantime prices keep going up.

You definitely still have a choice. FE 2.0 allocations are literally available now for late spring delivery. The base car may still be a full year away from even being orderable, and the price will likely hike again by then.

I would regard the "base" car (and its' originally suggested lower price point) to both be vaporware until the entirety of the market gets its appetite for loaded FE cars fully sated. It could be a while, and in the meantime prices keep going up.
I called my Dealer other day.. If I have a choice as you say he didn't relay that message to me. He doesnt know when.
Made it sound like I'm 1 yo 1.5yrs out.

I called my Dealer other day.. If I have a choice as you say he didn't relay that message to me. He doesnt know when.
Made it sound like I'm 1 yo 1.5yrs out.
Call a few other dealers. Ask questions. See what you discover. You could be driving an FE 2.0 this coming summer for about the same money that you'd pay for a base model 2 years from now.

Damn that chalk grey paint wasn’t on the original paint spec… but now I wonder if that’s the color… I’m gonna go… maybe I’ll still do red/magma red… for the Ferrari effect w/ tan interior…
thats what I gone for shamelessly.

Where’s my car
Dude, where's my car?
IMG_2690.jpeg

I think it is called zinc Grey.

Attachments

• IMG_1156.jpeg
    IMG_1156.jpeg
    482.2 KB · Views: 106

We talking about the V6? Which dealer has open allocations for Spring delivery? I’m a Fall 2022 depositor and my dealer said I wouldn’t even place my order until after summer 2024.

We talking about the V6? Which dealer has open allocations for Spring delivery? I’m a Fall 2022 depositor and my dealer said I wouldn’t even place my order until after summer 2024.
There are dealers calling people now talking about additional available FE 2.0 cars for summer '24 delivery. Also, your dealer is not correct on that timeline I don't think. Unless you're talking about an AMG I4 car?

Finally talked to my dealer about my FE2.0 which I submitted my official order in August 23. Was told then would be a dec/jan build. He was able to give me my VIN # so he thought it was in preproduction planning or somewhere in the process of being built. Didn't think it was it at port yet since he said they know when the car is ready to be shipped on the ship. Fine with me as I dont want it sitting at the dealer any longer than necessary waiting on CARB. Said it usually about 6 weeks total from UK shipping to shows up in Nashville. He guessed late February delivery. Assuming CARB approved of course.
Not sure how true any of that is...just what was told.

There are dealers calling people now talking about additional available FE 2.0 cars for summer '24 delivery. Also, your dealer is not correct on that timeline I don't think. Unless you're talking about an AMG I4 car?
I imagine most people getting a call now have been on their dealer's list for awhile, and depending on their position and how many allocations the dealer gets (and how many people commit) they may be just outside the additional FE 2.0 round of allocations and the dealer doesn't know if they will get more FE 2.0's or not. If you aren't already on a dealer's list you likely wouldn't be able to get an open allocation unless you find a new Lotus dealer pop up and jump on it.

Finally talked to my dealer about my FE2.0 which I submitted my official order in August 23. Was told then would be a dec/jan build. He was able to give me my VIN # so he thought it was in preproduction planning or somewhere in the process of being built. Didn't think it was it at port yet since he said they know when the car is ready to be shipped on the ship. Fine with me as I dont want it sitting at the dealer any longer than necessary waiting on CARB. Said it usually about 6 weeks total from UK shipping to shows up in Nashville. He guessed late February delivery. Assuming CARB approved of course.
Not sure how true any of that is...just what was told.
I hope it is earlier than late Feb. My car is on way to dealer after arriving at port on 12/10. I'd assume that they are going to start calling people in as soon as the approvals are in place which should be late January. Maybe one thing will be a little earlier in this whole process and get CARB approval faster than expected (not likely given track record). I look back at my emails and laugh at the email I received from Lotus after placing my deposit saying that they were looking forward to delivering my car in fall....this was in 2021!

Is 48 the total number of cars they expect to receive in 2024? Curious because I was bored and counted "only" 26 Emiras in this video.

They said they got 48 in this shipment and another shipment truck was on it's way to them at the moment of the video. I highly doubt they can fit all their cars in their storefront parking lot, I'm sure there's more elsewhere.

Create an account or login to comment

Join now to leave a comment enjoy browsing the site ad-free!

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back