• The September 2024 Lotus Emira Photo of the Month contest is underway! Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 September 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

USA/Canada Delivery Thread

Took it straight from a Google image search. The F I know about cricket. I’m in Texas. Besides, the phrase Hell for Leather or Hell Bent For Leather has nothing to do with cricket. It’s from horse racing. Can’t imaging why GB would allow a trademark on a common phrase. I’m gonna trademark “Your Mama” and make bank.

Took it straight from a Google image search. The F I know about cricket. I’m in Texas. Besides, the phrase Hell for Leather or Hell Bent For Leather has nothing to do with cricket. It’s from horse racing. Can’t imaging why GB would allow a trademark on a common phrase. I’m gonna trademark “Your Mama” and make bank.
Other than a few restrictions, you can pretty much register any trademark you want so long as there is no likelihood of confusion. Here's a spicy one registered in the US:

1702935584535.png

No need to spend the money get Temporary film. Unless the drive is horrible with rock trucks just use

TRACK ARMOUR TA3X100-3" x 100' - Temporary Track Day Paint Protection Clear Adhesive Film for Car. Get it online. It’s not perfect but it will work.​

I’ve used this many times for track days…it’s generally pretty good. It will start to peel off after a few hours.

It's not rare, they're just in production color batches, we've heard rumors of dealers not receiving any Magma cars yet -- this just supports that claim.
Lotus of Glenview has a Magma Red of tan interior…it looks great and somehow manages to make the car look smaller.

I’ve used this many times for track days…it’s generally pretty good. It will start to peel off after a few hours.
I have a brand new roll sitting on a shelf, but I am scared to use it. Why? Because I read some very negative reviews about paint peeling off, or scratches on the paint because the tape partially peeled off and flapped on the paint at 70mph.

How do you apply it and peel it off without any negative consequences?

Last edited:
I have a brand new roll sitting on a shelf, but I am scared to use it. Why? Because I read some very negative reviews about paint peeling off, or scratches on the paint because the tape partially peeled off and flapped on the paint at 70mph.

Maybe just raw-dog it man.

Today I watched a tech perform a PDI on a incoming Emira.

Attachments

• IMG_5999.jpeg
    IMG_5999.jpeg
    318.5 KB · Views: 201
  • IMG_6002.jpeg
    IMG_6002.jpeg
    389.8 KB · Views: 204
  • IMG_6007.jpeg
    IMG_6007.jpeg
    180.9 KB · Views: 198
  • IMG_6014.jpeg
    IMG_6014.jpeg
    334.7 KB · Views: 196
  • IMG_6011.jpeg
    IMG_6011.jpeg
    229.3 KB · Views: 204
Last edited:

I have installed it on cars I had to drive a few hours home Or heading to add clear film. If you have a daily driver, add it to that vehicle and test it out. I know some that used heavy duty painters tape, so many options. I never had any damage to my cars.

So, I received a call from my dealer over the weekend, offering me a FE, so long as it was a V6 Manual. April build June/July delivery.
When I went on the configurator, it came out at $131,869 (CAD).
I had always been told my build was likely early 2025, so I have planned and budgeted for that date, and I can't afford it right now. The fact that it has gone up by about $20k doesn't help lol.

My guy wouldn't tell me why they have allocations so early, but he did tell me that lots of people are passing on this allocation round.

So, if anyone wants one in Canada - they are currently being allocated.
It’s wild to me how this has gone! July 21 deposit here and hoped for an FE, missed out by a mile and then just snuck into an FE 2….for quite awhile it looked like I would get a base 6-12 months after the first FE deliveries sometime mid 2024….and ppl way down the list who deposited in 2022 looking at a 2025-2026 base delivery. Well fast forward and it looks like everyone will get their cars within a few months of each regardless of deposit early 2021 (pre-goodwood) and late 2022. Only difference being the price discount on the FE 1.

As a fellow Canadian my 2 cents, the price has only gone up 10K in CAD for FE 2. If you do the FX to the FE 2 price in the US or UK you’re actually getting it for 15K less! I think you’re likely going to be looking at a higher price down the line if you pass up (for Canada) once Lotus makes some adjustment for this F/X difference. I’m not sure if perhaps it’s some good grace Lotus gave us on FE 2 pricing as we got fewer allocations for FE 1 relative to deposit dates or it just happened by fluke.

Anyway, if you prefer a base or perhaps final edition with upped power or more options etc. it may benefit to wait but I think you’re looking at a higher price a year from now for the same spec in Canada…

At this point, depending how you option a First Edition it would represent fairly good value, oppose to speccing options separately.

Choices that will cost a bit more on Base when specced - Metallic paints, Sport Suspension (needs drivers pack on base), Coloured Calipers, Alcantara Interior with deviated stitch, Forged wheels.

If your First Edition Spec is tour suspension, in Hethel yellow (flat paint color) and silver calipers and you don't care about KEF or interior leather / Alcantara and are good with base silver wheels - Your probably better off going base.
This is exactly why I was dying to get an FE 2, I wanted it all other than I feel like being one of the minority to delete the privacy glass :).

It’s wild to me how this has gone! July 21 deposit here and hoped for an FE, missed out by a mile and then just snuck into an FE 2….for quite awhile it looked like I would get a base 6-12 months after the first FE deliveries sometime mid 2024….and ppl way down the list who deposited in 2022 looking at a 2025-2026 base delivery. Well fast forward and it looks like everyone will get their cars within a few months of each regardless of deposit early 2021 (pre-goodwood) and late 2022. Only difference being the price discount on the FE 1.

As a fellow Canadian my 2 cents, the price has only gone up 10K in CAD for FE 2. If you do the FX to the FE 2 price in the US or UK you’re actually getting it for 15K less! I think you’re likely going to be looking at a higher price down the line if you pass up (for Canada) once Lotus makes some adjustment for this F/X difference. I’m not sure if perhaps it’s some good grace Lotus gave us on FE 2 pricing as we got fewer allocations for FE 1 relative to deposit dates or it just happened by fluke.

Anyway, if you prefer a base or perhaps final edition with upped power or more options etc. it may benefit to wait but I think you’re looking at a higher price a year from now for the same spec in Canada…
I personally wanted to get an FE2.0 because I was able to tell my kids they better shape up and treat me better or I’ll waste another $12k of their future inheritance on literally nothing a second time.

Create an account or login to comment

Join now to leave a comment enjoy browsing the site ad-free!

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Aerie Performance Lotus Emira Carbon Fiber Parts GregsRaceParts.com BanC Tech JUBU Performance

Latest posts

Back