• The September 2024 Lotus Emira Photo of the Month contest is underway! Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 September 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

USA/Canada Delivery Thread

Dealer explanation was code for "three buyers dropped out."
I agree totally with this. Dealers haven't been communicating and once Lotus said they are ready to build, the dealers had to engage the deposit holders and find out who was for real. I was solid BASE but got moved up. Only logical that there were a good amount of cancellations due to the timing.

I agree totally with this. Dealers haven't been communicating and once Lotus said they are ready to build, the dealers had to engage the deposit holders and find out who was for real. I was solid BASE but got moved up. Only logical that there were a good amount of cancellations due to the timing.
Unfortunately for me, it appears Dallas drivers were in it to win it. Looks like 2025 for ol Hell4Leather.
Ya know I got banned from the Emira Lotus Talk forum because of my name. What a crock……. It’s a common phrase and a Judas Priest song

Unfortunately for me, it appears Dallas drivers were in it to win it. Looks like 2025 for ol Hell4Leather.
Ya know I got banned from the Emira Lotus Talk forum because of my name. What a crock……. It’s a common phrase and a Judas Priest song
Well you may have moved up though? Just not enough. I was 42 at my dealer in August 2021. Didn't make the FE 2.0 cut. Then when I suppose non refundable deposits were required people dropped out and I was offered a spot.

Are you sure you got booted because your name alone? You can bring the heat sometimes! Lol

Who was not happy about pictures being posted. After waiting so long I’ll post as many pictures as I want of the car I got but cannot drive.
I was not told not to post them. If it’s such a secret then they can confiscate my car 🤣
I assume it was the sales manager on site that day - I spoke with a sales rep next to the front door, she went back to speak to manager and when she came back her adamance on the rules sounded very much like she just got an ear full. I did not hear the conversation, as it was in an office, and never saw the sales manager. However, it was obvious they were aware, having mentioned the forum, and the no pictures rule was a major point for them - stated several times. So I kept my hands in my pockets while around the cars..

I assume it was the sales manager on site that day - I spoke with a sales rep next to the front door, she went back to speak to manager and when she came back her adamance on the rules sounded very much like she just got an ear full. I did not hear the conversation, as it was in an office, and never saw the sales manager. However, it was obvious they were aware, having mentioned the forum, and the no pictures rule was a major point for them - stated several times. So I kept my hands in my pockets while around the cars..
Ridiculous they aren’t allowing pictures. Absolutely no reason for that decision.

With no disrespect to your dealer, if that’s the policy then fine. I just don’t agree as to why they have a problem with posting pictures on this or any forum.
I was at my dealer yesterday not the sales manager nor anyone there said a word to me about me posting the pictures.
Every one at my dealership from top down are fantastic in every way.

Ridiculous they aren’t allowing pictures. Absolutely no reason for that decision.
Honestly, it's not my dealer, and neither are my car. I am still waiting for them to show up 250mi south.

Someone had posted some pictures from a dealer in Florida, the ones with the cat on the car. I happened to know the dealer and was in town on work, so I stopped in.. My assumption was they weren't happy about pictures (cars stored outside/wildlife on the car) being associated with their dealership - that's the way I took their response.. Just some CYA to protect their reputation..

Pretty crappy of the dealer....dont they want the free press? Even if it gets someone in there to look at the Emira and then ends up falling in love with another car? You want and NEED all this free exposure. Unless they signed an agreement with Lotus then they are not very business minded.

Pretty crappy of the dealer....dont they want the free press? Even if it gets someone in there to look at the Emira and then ends up falling in love with another car? You want and NEED all this free exposure. Unless they signed an agreement with Lotus then they are not very business minded.
So, Lotus itself publishes Baltimore dock photos yet a dealer freaks at a local 'siting' after 2 plus years into the Big Wait. This was not industrial espionage. How oblivious is someone about unmet customer communications needs?
Should have been a photo titled 'the Emira has landed ' as a dealer tease and claim to local fame. Just an opinion.

Honestly, it's not my dealer, and neither are my car. I am still waiting for them to show up 250mi south.

Someone had posted some pictures from a dealer in Florida, the ones with the cat on the car. I happened to know the dealer and was in town on work, so I stopped in.. My assumption was they weren't happy about pictures (cars stored outside/wildlife on the car) being associated with their dealership - that's the way I took their response.. Just some CYA to protect their reputation..
I mean they could, you know, not park them outside to be used as a litter box. Seems like the photo isn’t really the root problem.

Anyone got any confirmed Emiras arriving on the west coast? So far it seems like its mostly east coast and some centrally located dealers.

I called my dealership a couple weeks ago and they said they'd be getting them soon, but nothing yet.

I think I'm just going to do ceramic coating on mine. That said, I would recommend local. First, it's guys you have worked with and trust. Second, if anything needs correcting, you don't have to drive so far back.
Planning enclosed trailer to get mine the 2hrs from dealership to my local PPF shop. After.this long I dont dare drive it

Well you may have moved up though? Just not enough. I was 42 at my dealer in August 2021. Didn't make the FE 2.0 cut. Then when I suppose non refundable deposits were required people dropped out and I was offered a spot.

Are you sure you got booted because your name alone? You can bring the heat sometimes! Lol
Nope, they said my name violated their commercial standards and I needed to identify myself as a business entity in the bio. I don’t what they’re talking about 🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️

Nope, they said my name violated their commercial standards and I needed to identify myself as a business entity in the bio. I don’t what they’re talking about 🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️

Unbiased 3rd party here... As someone who has never listened (knowingly) to Judas Priest, and looking at your profile pic, I totally assumed your Name/pic were some kind of a business. (I mean, a strange one, but one nonetheless.) It looks just like a business logo.

Yeah, there's a snowballs chance in that....

Yeah, there's a snowballs chance in that....
IMG_1004.jpeg

Yeah, the nod team there is stupid on that. I also left that forum. It's got great info, but they ate not active and the mods take the job to seriously. I'm serious, go look at anyone asking a question. The mod posts a link from 10 years ago and tells them to search Google.

Planning enclosed trailer to get mine the 2hrs from dealership to my local PPF shop. After.this long I dont dare drive it
I am driving mine 4 hours home from the dealership, braving New Jersey Turnpike where there will be countless VW kiddies harassing me, stopping along the way for gas and cheesesteak. Then I am going to do a wash, clay, and light corrections followed by DIY ceramic coating.

I am not going to fuss over this car too much other than to keep it clean and apply touch up paint.

No need to spend the money get Temporary film. Unless the drive is horrible with rock trucks just use

TRACK ARMOUR TA3X100-3" x 100' - Temporary Track Day Paint Protection Clear Adhesive Film for Car. Get it online. It’s not perfect but it will work.​

Create an account or login to comment

Join now to leave a comment enjoy browsing the site ad-free!

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back