• The September 2024 Lotus Emira Photo of the Month contest is underway! Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 September 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

USA/Canada Delivery Thread

Today I checked out the Seneca Blue car that was delivered to the Dallas dealership as I wanted to see that color in person. It’s gorgeous! Looks great with black wheels and yellow calipers. Without seeing them side by side, Seneca seems to be very close in color to my Refraction Blue Supra.

They also had the V2 color chips to look at. In my hunt for it, I actually overlooked Meridian as it appeared basically black to my eyes in the showroom lighting. It’s much too dark for my taste. Atlantis is lovely though. I wish I remembered to take a pic of both of them compared to the Seneca car. :/

Attachments

• IMG_9793.jpeg
    IMG_9793.jpeg
    389.2 KB · Views: 195
  • IMG_9794.jpeg
    IMG_9794.jpeg
    367.7 KB · Views: 194
  • IMG_9795.jpeg
    IMG_9795.jpeg
    383.7 KB · Views: 194
You got privacy glass that you did not order. How is that possible? Is it purely a mistake from Lotus factory? Or did you take over someone else’s order? thanks.
No idea, assuming it's a factory error since we saw it happen with UK builds... Not taking someone else's order I was an original FE1.0 res order. Cropped this but here's the build sheet I got, Vin was at the top:

I personally don't really care as I usually tint my cars, but was gonna try out a fishbowl for a bit

I've seen a few people posts about the My Lotus Portal to check order status. What is the url for the US page?
I don't think US customers have one. In the UK, people are buying directly from Lotus. US dealers may have some sort of dealer portal but there is no indication of this based on the general lack of information they have collectively exhibited.

No idea, assuming it's a factory error since we saw it happen with UK builds... Not taking someone else's order I was an original FE1.0 res order. Cropped this but here's the build sheet I got, Vin was at the top:

I personally don't really care as I usually tint my cars, but was gonna try out a fishbowl for a bit
Did they circle "yes" at the factory to say you indeed wanted it. :p Doesnt inspire confidence on their station QC checks on the assembly line that it wasnt caught.
I also have no privacy glass and not sure how i'll react if it shows up with it.

Got my VIN and placed my final deposit today. Looks like I got privacy glass when I wasn’t supposed to but oh well, guess I’m tinting for sure now!
My order form was slightly confusing as I had to select 'Yes' or 'No' for 'Privacy Glass Delete'. I didn't want privacy glass so I selected 'Yes' for this option which is counterintuitive.

My order form was slightly confusing as I had to select 'Yes' or 'No' for 'Privacy Glass Delete'. I didn't want privacy glass so I selected 'Yes' for this option which is counterintuitive.
Weird. Mine just has a line that says "Privacy Glass" and "No" next to it.

Not sure if this was posted yet but Lotus Cape Fear in Wilmington, NC had 5 Emiras arrive yesterday. 3 blue, 1 red, and 1 nimbus. Mine hasn't arrived yet but I imagine it'll be there before Christmas as it was on one of the boats a week ago.

409179859_673229548266512_6557762018844122044_n.jpg

Some of them have been arriving quite dirty. I guess they're removing all the protective coverings and doing some sort of QC at the port and then putting them in covered trucks. Somewhere along the way some of them have been exposed to some rough weather. I suspect they must have left them outside for at least a day or two in the rain after doing the QC check and loading them onto the trucks. Apart from some correctible paint swirls, my dealer tells me the quality looks quite good after a thorough cleaning and some paint correction.
I suspect our cars are going to arrive at Lotus Cape Fear on the same truck. I'm also expecting mine any day now! Still deciding on whether I"m going to use a shop local to the dealer for PPF and ceramic prior to driving 3.5 hours home, versus using local high quality shops who I've used in the past. Leaning towards a local option.

I believe you hit the nail on the head. On the order form it clearly says "Privacy Glass Delete*" and I picked "No" - meaning I don't want this option, meaning I want the privacy glass. On the build sheet, it just says "Privacy Glass", the exact opposite. The grey boxes on the factory build sheet likely correspond one-to-one with the options on the order sheet, and "Privacy Glass Delete" simply became "Privacy Glass", and the factory guys trained themselves to just pick the opposite of what the grey box indicated. This, of course, is a recipe for confusion.

I suspect our cars are going to arrive at Lotus Cape Fear on the same truck. I'm also expecting mine any day now! Still deciding on whether I"m going to use a shop local to the dealer for PPF and ceramic prior to driving 3.5 hours home, versus using local high quality shops who I've used in the past. Leaning towards a local option.
I think I'm just going to do ceramic coating on mine. That said, I would recommend local. First, it's guys you have worked with and trust. Second, if anything needs correcting, you don't have to drive so far back.

Today I checked out the Seneca Blue car that was delivered to the Dallas dealership as I wanted to see that color in person. It’s gorgeous! Looks great with black wheels and yellow calipers. Without seeing them side by side, Seneca seems to be very close in color to my Refraction Blue Supra.

They also had the V2 color chips to look at. In my hunt for it, I actually overlooked Meridian as it appeared basically black to my eyes in the showroom lighting. It’s much too dark for my taste. Atlantis is lovely though. I wish I remembered to take a pic of both of them compared to the Seneca car. :/
So great seeing cars in dealerships finally!!

(Emphasis on "IN" ;) )

Does anyone know if Boardwalk Lotus has received any of their cars yet?

4.25% I wish ..here in Ontario Canada we pay HST 13% and a luxury tax over 100k can't remember how they figure that new tax out.
I didn’t say sales tax. Sales tax in TX is 6.25% + .625% . Registration is like $75 and “inspection” is $15

Congratulations!!!
I know it’s probably a settled issue because Lotus wouldn’t lie to us but, does anyone else find it odd that even today the EPA website doesn’t list the Emira just the 2021 Evora as the most recent to pass. That’s EPA, not CARB. And I know there can be a delay but it’s been over a month.

Thanks for the pictures. That's awesome the first lot have finally arrived. Congratulations to those owners.
They were NOT happy about the pictures being posted. Was in town for work and had some spare time - stopped by the dealer to see these cars. I showed them my locked-in order, I was allowed to see the cars but I was told keep a safe distance, no touching (duh), and ABSOLUTELY no pictures... However, I will say they were very professional and accommodating, and I was relieved to see the tan interior was not nearly as orange as all the pictures I have seen.

Create an account or login to comment

Join now to leave a comment enjoy browsing the site ad-free!

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back