• The September 2024 Lotus Emira Photo of the Month contest is underway! Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 September 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

USA/Canada Delivery Thread

Reading about your wives and kids got me wondering how many young people like me have an order of the Emira here in the US. Cause I am a few years younger than your 23 yo.

Reading about your wives and kids got me wondering how many young people like me have an order of the Emira here in the US. Cause I am a few years younger than your 23 yo.

Man... when I was pre-23 I would have put that $100K into investments. Even now at 43, I know I probably should, but also have that mid-life crisis itch.

I'll be letting my 18 year old drive it while I'm with him, he's been driving manual the last two years 🤞

Man... when I was pre-23 I would have put that $100K into investments. Even now at 43, I know I probably should, but also have that mid-life crisis itch.
Hah same here....is 38 old enough for a mid-life crisis? If not, I'm sure I'm getting close. All I could afford in college years was my $2,000 1987 Toyota MR2 but I loved that thing. I couldn't imagine being able to drive an Emira in college. It probably would've gotten me in so much trouble.

Oh, 100%. You are stupid if you use all your money on a car. I have investments, college funds, and a little more to spend on a car.

Oh, 100%. You are stupid if you use all your money on a car. I have investments, college funds, and a little more to spend on a car.
Put the 100k in a high risk fund, wait 20 years and then retire early. However, I was young once, and spent all my money on cars, so I mean I understand.

Put the 100k in a high risk fund, wait 20 years and then retire early. However, I was young once, and spent all my money on cars, so I mean I understand.
I too was once young and foolish. But many many years later after lots of sustained effort I am no longer young.

Hah same here....is 38 old enough for a mid-life crisis? If not, I'm sure I'm getting close. All I could afford in college years was my $2,000 1987 Toyota MR2 but I loved that thing. I couldn't imagine being able to drive an Emira in college. It probably would've gotten me in so much trouble.

38 here too. I have my house and investments and fun daily driver in order. I don't want to wait until my knees hurt too much to enjoy my fun sportscar!

I wouldn't want a $100k car in college. I had a 10 year old 300ZX and eventually saved enough for my 2004 STi, which I felt very fortunate to get.

At Purdue the rich Chinese kids would be driving McLarens....

Not sure if this was posted yet but Lotus Cape Fear in Wilmington, NC had 5 Emiras arrive yesterday. 3 blue, 1 red, and 1 nimbus. Mine hasn't arrived yet but I imagine it'll be there before Christmas as it was on one of the boats a week ago.

409179859_673229548266512_6557762018844122044_n.jpg

Some of them have been arriving quite dirty. I guess they're removing all the protective coverings and doing some sort of QC at the port and then putting them in covered trucks. Somewhere along the way some of them have been exposed to some rough weather. I suspect they must have left them outside for at least a day or two in the rain after doing the QC check and loading them onto the trucks. Apart from some correctible paint swirls, my dealer tells me the quality looks quite good after a thorough cleaning and some paint correction.

Got my VIN and placed my final deposit today. Looks like I got privacy glass when I wasn’t supposed to but oh well, guess I’m tinting for sure now!
did you see the car? or do you know you got privacy glass from the VIN?

Last edited:
Got my VIN and placed my final deposit today. Looks like I got privacy glass when I wasn’t supposed to but oh well, guess I’m tinting for sure now!
You got privacy glass that you did not order. How is that possible? Is it purely a mistake from Lotus factory? Or did you take over someone else’s order? thanks.

Create an account or login to comment

Join now to leave a comment enjoy browsing the site ad-free!

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back