• The September 2024 Lotus Emira Photo of the Month contest is underway! Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 September 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

USA/Canada Delivery Thread

They were NOT happy about the pictures being posted. Was in town for work and had some spare time - stopped by the dealer to see these cars. I showed them my locked-in order, I was allowed to see the cars but I was told keep a safe distance, no touching (duh), and ABSOLUTELY no pictures... However, I will say they were very professional and accommodating, and I was relieved to see the tan interior was not nearly as orange as all the pictures I have seen.
This is great to hear, that they are not letting anyone off the street just coming in to mess with cars

So my dealer called me today and asked if I wanted an FE 2.0 (originally deposit was for base manual). I asked if people had dropped out but he told me the dealership just randomly got 3 more allocations for a 2.0 this month, totally unexpected. I imagine other dealers might get similar news as it would be unusual for it to be just my dealership. Theories of FE 3.0 not looking too farfetched tbh.

I don't think US customers have one. In the UK, people are buying directly from Lotus. US dealers may have some sort of dealer portal but there is no indication of this based on the general lack of information they have collectively exhibited.
Had a conversation with my dealer on this - there isn't one. I showed him screenshots of the portal, gave him the link, and the first question was "Is your friend that provided the screenshots in Europe?" He did go off and ask Lotus, and it seems we don't get a portal..

I do have a screenshot of the dealer portal you mentioned, dealer sent me the shot in text, but it has my information all over it, so Im not going to post..

Had a conversation with my dealer on this - there isn't one. I showed him screenshots of the portal, gave him the link, and the first question was "Is your friend that provided the screenshots in Europe?" He did go off and ask Lotus, and it seems we don't get a portal..

I do have a screenshot of the dealer portal you mentioned, dealer sent me the shot in text, but it has my information all over it, so Im not going to post..
Another small piece of the 1000-piece-puzzle of "a solid black shape" that is the Lotus Emira experience thus far.

So my dealer called me today and asked if I wanted an FE 2.0 (originally deposit was for base manual). I asked if people had dropped out but he told me the dealership just randomly got 3 more allocations for a 2.0 this month, totally unexpected. I imagine other dealers might get similar news as it would be unusual for it to be just my dealership. Theories of FE 3.0 not looking too farfetched tbh.
Yea, they could just keep issuing FE 2.0 allocations. There has been a few batches already. Other forum members also mentioned getting FE 2.0 offers recently. So this maybe FE 2.4?

I think maybe Lotus has finished producing all FE 1.0 cars and want to start making FE 2.x cars hot and heavy once they return to full operations after the holidays.

From what I heard there will be additional V6 F/E allocations handed out until February. After that supposedly it will fairly quite until the base configurator comes out. Also, there is a chance the i4's and V6 autos get approved quicker and end the additional V6 F/E spots. Albeit a very very small chance.

They were NOT happy about the pictures being posted. Was in town for work and had some spare time - stopped by the dealer to see these cars. I showed them my locked-in order, I was allowed to see the cars but I was told keep a safe distance, no touching (duh), and ABSOLUTELY no pictures... However, I will say they were very professional and accommodating, and I was relieved to see the tan interior was not nearly as orange as all the pictures I have seen.
Who was not happy about pictures being posted. After waiting so long I’ll post as many pictures as I want of the car I got but cannot drive.
I was not told not to post them. If it’s such a secret then they can confiscate my car 🤣

Yea, they could just keep issuing FE 2.0 allocations. There has been a few batches already. Other forum members also mentioned getting FE 2.0 offers recently. So this maybe FE 2.4?
I am one of those. I originally put in my deposit in Sept 2022, expecting to get a base model since I was so late. But I got an email from my dealer last week about getting a FE 2.0 build slot and submitted my config. Was very unexpected, I had to scramble to pick a color. Was told it was for production in April 2024 with delivery in the summer.

I am one of those. I originally put in my deposit in Sept 2022, expecting to get a base model since I was so late. But I got an email from my dealer last week about getting a FE 2.0 build slot and submitted my config. Was very unexpected, I had to scramble to pick a color. Was told it was for production in April 2024 with delivery in the summer.
Which dealer?

Which dealer?

Thank you. I'm an August, 2022 deposit holder at Gator. It sounds like Gator's list length : allocation ratio was higher than Dallas'.
I'm Dec 2021, so Gator isn't the only dealer with a higher ratio. Water under the bridge, but reminds me of Louts USA's promise to me that it didn't matter which dealer I placed a deposit with. The cars would be built and delivered in the order that the deposit was registered with Lotus.

Lotus of Dallas
I'm Oct 2022 with Toronto dealer. They didn't want to tell me any specific dates.. as they don't know..but what I kinda got was another 1yr wait?! They also got extra few allocations. So far all I've done was the $5k initial deposit. other than the beginning deposit it's been crickets.

I'm Dec 2021, so Gator isn't the only dealer with a higher ratio. Water under the bridge, but reminds me of Louts USA's promise to me that it didn't matter which dealer I placed a deposit with. The cars would be built and delivered in the order that the deposit was registered with Lotus.
Haha yeah they lied for sure. I figured I was out of luck with the Emira until a new dealership opened up near me. That was an instant hack to jump the line since each gets allocation, so it doesn't matter that others had deposits since 2021 or whenever the first wave was.

Dealer explanation was code for "three buyers dropped out."

Create an account or login to comment

Join now to leave a comment enjoy browsing the site ad-free!

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back