• The September 2024 Lotus Emira Photo of the Month contest is underway! Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 September 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

USA/Canada Delivery Thread

No need to spend the money get Temporary film. Unless the drive is horrible with rock trucks just use

TRACK ARMOUR TA3X100-3" x 100' - Temporary Track Day Paint Protection Clear Adhesive Film for Car. Get it online. It’s not perfect but it will work.​

Track Armour is great! I will say it's basically impossible to install over complex surfaces without air bubbles and such, but that's not really the point. It's a great temporary solution that protects well.

Track Armour is great! I will say it's basically impossible to install over complex surfaces without air bubbles and such, but that's not really the point. It's a great temporary solution that protects well.
There used to be a track day, liquid application product that people referred to as Rhino Snot

My car has arrived at dealership 2.5 yrs after deposit.
Will get excited once I've had time behind the wheel and experience the personality of the vehicle.
Hard to believe I drove my first Lotus 50 years ago! "Life is short, drive a Lotus."

Really struggling with the PPF decision here. My lifetime allocations of given fucks is waning and I'm trying to weigh how much I care. Two years ago I got my first new Italian sled, a bit embarrassing so we'll say it rhymes with Shamborshmini shmuracan shemvo. I had never bothered with PPF before, only having it on used cars I procured that way.
At the behest of the dealer and pressures from the community and being convinced it was de rigueur for an exotic car and would brandish me a terrible owner and raise many a red flag if I drove it naked, I took it to Darien Detail in CT and spent $10K on a full head to toe PPF AND a coating of chemicals that have something to do with clay pots.

Being fair, the car always looked incredibly clean. I had it two years and I washed it once myself, once at the dealer for a service, and once more at the detailer. And it was great to know it was protected. BUT 10 GRAND?? Now the car is for sale at O'gara coach in a subtle little enclave called Beverly Hills. I highly doubt I'll see $0.01 in additional pocket change.

Being a collector and general nutcase (a fucking idiot with drives their savings account), I've had over 40 vehicles in my tenure and the Lambo was the only one I ever PPFd. I live and drive in NYC. Over all of these vehicles I have had exactly 1 incident involving a Porsche Boxster and a hood rock chip that could have been saved were my car ensconced in the finest of petrochemical derived body condoms. So, the analyst in me thinks its not worth it. I remember the days before clear bras and PPF and all this stuff. You never, ever see the money back so its really how much would a nick or scratch that can't be detailed out bother me vs parting with $8 or 10K again.

Things to ruminate about as my carb afflicted car sits at the port. Or on the water. Or in England. Who knows.

If I lived and drove around stop and go traffic in NYC I wouldn't get PPF either, the cost/benefit ratio likely doesn't lean in your favor for that use case, particularly if you don't plan to keep the car more than a few years. For many of us who drive near trucks on open highways, track days, and just general use, PPF can provide decent value. Over 5 years into my PPFed daily driver, it only has one small nick in the hood, the rest of the paint is factory fresh. I agree the prices have gotten out of hand, so I personally draw the line where ~$6k or above as being into the "not worth it" territory.

So, I received a call from my dealer over the weekend, offering me a FE, so long as it was a V6 Manual. April build June/July delivery.
When I went on the configurator, it came out at $131,869 (CAD).
I had always been told my build was likely early 2025, so I have planned and budgeted for that date, and I can't afford it right now. The fact that it has gone up by about $20k doesn't help lol.

My guy wouldn't tell me why they have allocations so early, but he did tell me that lots of people are passing on this allocation round.

So, if anyone wants one in Canada - they are currently being allocated.

My car has arrived at dealership 2.5 yrs after deposit.
Will get excited once I've had time behind the wheel and experience the personality of the vehicle.
Hard to believe I drove my first Lotus 50 years ago! "Life is short, drive a Lotus."
What color did you get

i hate the idea of me having to choose between an FE and a base before the base configurator is even out. if I get the chance to upgrade idk if I will

making huge 100k choices with little information and blind faith just seems to be the Lotus way i guess

i hate the idea of me having to choose between an FE and a base before the base configurator is even out. if I get the chance to upgrade idk if I will

making huge 100k choices with little information and blind faith just seems to be the Lotus way i guess
At this point, depending how you option a First Edition it would represent fairly good value, oppose to speccing options separately.

Choices that will cost a bit more on Base when specced - Metallic paints, Sport Suspension (needs drivers pack on base), Coloured Calipers, Alcantara Interior with deviated stitch, Forged wheels.

If your First Edition Spec is tour suspension, in Hethel yellow (flat paint color) and silver calipers and you don't care about KEF or interior leather / Alcantara and are good with base silver wheels - Your probably better off going base.

Last edited:
At this point, depending how you option a First Edition it would represent fairly good value, oppose to speccing options separately.

Choices that will cost a bit more on Base when specced - Metallic paints, Sport Suspension (needs drivers pack on base), Coloured Calipers, Alcantara Interior with deviated stitch, Forged wheels.

If your First Edition Spec is tour suspension, in Hethel yellow (flat paint color) and black calipers and you don't care about KEF or interior leather / Alcantara and are good with base silver wheels - Your probably better off going base.
you are probably right about base + all boxes checked = FE but a few thousand more. but do we actually know? I dont think so, all educated guesses.

theres a chance we have more choices when the base config comes out. small stuff, like stripes on my steering wheel (only on auto atm). or different color wheels. or other small stuff who knows. theres also those OEM carbon fiber additions that are rumored

i suspect ill spec out my base just like an FE but i cant know for sure until I see all of my options

you are probably right about base + all boxes checked = FE but a few thousand more. but do we actually know? I dont think so, all educated guesses.

theres a chance we have more choices when the base config comes out. small stuff, like stripes on my steering wheel (only on auto atm). or different color wheels. or other small stuff who knows. theres also those OEM carbon fiber additions that are rumored

i suspect ill spec out my base just like an FE but i cant know for sure until I see all of my options
Right, but my point is not all F/E specs would be the same price on the base configurator. I think the true delta between an F/E build and a Base build will be between 5-15K+ in difference. Depending on how you spec the F/E in the first place.

This will give some hints

Right, but my point is not all F/E specs would be the same price on the base configurator. I think the true delta between an F/E build and a Base build will be between 5-15K+ in difference. Depending on how you spec the F/E in the first place.

This will give some hints
All speculation at this point however others who've purchased different Lotus model FE's and then watched pricing for the non-FE's, may have some insight into this.

FWIW, I suspect the price of a non-FE Emira, that compares to an FE (all the same options) will be more, since Lotus has packaged the FE's to be consistent and that makes them easier to build as they make their way down the production line. As well, manufacturers typically "underprice" their first new model sales, to attract interest and gain market share, after which they're better able to raise prices of both the base vehicle and the available options. Plus as mentioned by EZcheezy, manufacturers often add to the available options as time goes on, to allow buyers to customize their rides and spend even more money. Of course, this is impacted by all sorts of factors, such as the economic conditions their buyers find themselves in, so manufacturers adjust their prices accordingly, to fit each geographic area. Then we have the advent of EV's: buyers hankering for the last of the ICE models (and the soon-to-die standard transmissions), might pay more for one before they disappear. This could go either way (?), based upon the views of the "future purchasers" and how much they've bought into the "EV evolution" and many in the "younger crowd" not having a clue how to drive a stick and not having the patience to learn or use one for daily driving in urban areas (lots of shifting/work...heaven forbid! lol).

That said, I always live and die by the old adage: "a bird in the hand". So if you can afford an FE, I'd say now's the time to buy one so you can start enjoying the drive and not worry about future pricing...

not a single red one :unsure:

I totally dont mind having a "rare" color that makes it extra cool to me tbh
It's not rare, they're just in production color batches, we've heard rumors of dealers not receiving any Magma cars yet -- this just supports that claim.

Create an account or login to comment

Join now to leave a comment enjoy browsing the site ad-free!

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Aerie Performance Lotus Emira Carbon Fiber Parts GregsRaceParts.com BanC Tech JUBU Performance

Latest posts

Back