• The September 2024 Lotus Emira Photo of the Month contest is underway! Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 September 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

USA/Canada Delivery Thread

Just left the Saint Louis dealership. They have ALL of their Emiras indoors and hooked up to battery tenders.
So odd that we consider this like a “benefit”. Like “oh the dealer is doing so good by us keeping them plugged in”…

My buddy saw my Evora. He’s like “is that like a Tesla?” I was like “no, not at all, why?”

He’s like “you always have to plug it in but it’s a gas car?”

I’m like “it’s a Lotus”… I had no other explanation and still really don’t.

Are there other brands that (all but require) recommend a full time tender?

So odd that we consider this like a “benefit”. Like “oh the dealer is doing so good by us keeping them plugged in”…

My buddy saw my Evora. He’s like “is that like a Tesla?” I was like “no, not at all, why?”

He’s like “you always have to plug it in but it’s a gas car?”

I’m like “it’s a Lotus”… I had no other explanation and still really don’t.

Are there other brands that (all but require) recommend a full time tender?

Elise has been the only car I have ever kept on a tender.....just sayin!!!!

Any car that does not get driven daily will eventually need a tender. I have had a tender on family vans that only get driven on the weekends, and 2nd cars that are driven 1-2 times a week.

Any car that does not get driven daily will eventually need a tender. I have had a tender on family vans that only get driven on the weekends, and 2nd cars that are driven 1-2 times a week.
I drive my Miat once a week. It's never had issues. We have reports on here of dead batteries inside of a week.

I drive my Miat once a week. It's never had issues. We have reports on here of dead batteries inside of a week.
I kept a tender on all of my Porsches, if you leave them for a week or more you will have issues. Worst thing you can do is leave a Porsche unlocked - battery will drain quick. I had a 1991 Miata as a daily driver - original battery lasted 8 years. The Miata did not have anything electronic and a sealed gel battery.

Stopped at Naples today to check out the colors and my salesman said they got a few extra FE2.0 allocations and I can jump up to that instead of a base car if I wanted. So I did. Planning on Osmium or Zinc with black wheels, full black pack, white interior, unsure about caliper color though. I have till Monday to decide.

Here are a few pics while I was there. Saw a zinc with black wheels, re calipers, full black pack and white interior. That's really the only reason I'm considering that color combo. But I was never a huge fan of that color as it's basically nardo grey on an Audi.

Also for anyone that wants to see Seneca with and without privacy glass next to each other here is a Pic of that side by side.

Attachments

• 20240106_122320.jpg
    20240106_122320.jpg
    310.3 KB · Views: 314
  • 20240106_121116.jpg
    20240106_121116.jpg
    284 KB · Views: 316
  • 20240106_124319.jpg
    20240106_124319.jpg
    541.5 KB · Views: 315
Stopped at Naples today to check out the colors and my salesman said they got a few extra FE2.0 allocations and I can jump up to that instead of a base car if I wanted. So I did. Planning on Osmium or Zinc with black wheels, full black pack, white interior, unsure about caliper color though. I have till Monday to decide.

Here are a few pics while I was there. Saw a zinc with black wheels, re calipers, full black pack and white interior. That's really the only reason I'm considering that color combo. But I was never a huge fan of that color as it's basically nardo grey on an Audi.

Also for anyone that wants to see Seneca with and without privacy glass next to each other here is a Pic of that side by side.
Great pic of privacy glass

1704584885012.png

Here's another option: Light tint on the non privacy glass version.

View attachment 35361

Here's another option: Light tint on the non privacy glass version.
Wow. I saw mine today so I know it's right, but if they had screwed it up I would have been very hard pressed not to ask them to make it right. To me seeing the engine is a part of the design I really like.

Create an account or login to comment

Join now to leave a comment enjoy browsing the site ad-free!

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back