• The September 2024 Lotus Emira Photo of the Month contest is underway! Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 September 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

USA/Canada Delivery Thread

Now I just need a cat grooming itself plushie to stick on the back of my car at any cars and coffee events to complete the look.
After seeing the recent pics of those two Seneca examples in the rain - this makes so much more sense now.

The Emira back wing is a gigantic hydrating saucer for animals.

We may as well put STANLEY across the back instead of LOTUS.

iykyk

Anyone got the secret photos from Lotus HQ in Detroit of the current Emira's being stored there?? Supposedly there are photos of it but I have not been able to find them.

The inevitability that we all must privately come to, on our own terms - the realization that CARB will not happen in January - and the ensuing all too familiar kick in the stones
Screenshot_20230628_170134_Google.jpg

The inevitability that we all must privately come to, on our own terms - the realization that CARB will not happen in January - and the ensuing all too familiar kick in the stonesView attachment 35405

Yeah im pretty sure the dealers are just trying to make people happy by saying it will be done in January....we really have zero idea where it is in the process.

After seeing the recent pics of those two Seneca examples in the rain - this makes so much more sense now.

The Emira back wing is a gigantic hydrating saucer for animals.

We may as well put STANLEY across the back instead of LOTUS.

iykyk
Happy I could help

Any car that does not get driven daily will eventually need a tender. I have had a tender on family vans that only get driven on the weekends, and 2nd cars that are driven 1-2 times a week.
Not really. We had a '97 Tercel at a vacation property that got drove about twice a year. For 5 years it was never on a tender. Than someone stole it. That was a great car.

I put my name on the list in Dec/2020 for the Emira. I also put my name on my new Z06 in June 2020 after receiving my 2020 Z51 C8. My Dealer on the Z06 called me Nov 2021 and said I was first up and to give him my build but they decided no MSRP and ask for 50k over, I told them to pound dirt. I added my name at another dealer for a z06 at msrp per the owner/GM in Dec 2021. Still don’t have either car but know my Z Allocation is coming in mid to late February. Wife now wants a pool and they are not cheap and hate being the pool boy as I sold the last house in 2022 and said no more pools. I am not sure I want to spend all this money for what I consider luxury toys. Maybe one will need to go who knows I am just exhausted and tired of waiting.
@Fasttoys Similar position. I was on Z06 list for almost 3 years and figured I would get a late '24. I got a surprise call last summer and if I wanted to give up Z07 I could get as alot of people were holding out for the pkg. I said I'll skip Z07, give me the car. Absolutely LOVE it (well the FPC but not necessarily the ext/int design) and is my primary track car. While I hate the delays with Emira, it's actually been a blessing for me so I didn't have to get two new cars within short amount of time. By the time I actually get the Emira, I guess it will be about 9mo ish and hopefully the wife will kinda forget the Z :) Thankfully she doesn't want a pool but I did just have to buy her a nice big hot tub - I'm a pretty lucky guy to have such a wonderful supportive wife. Good luck with your Z06.

Yeah im pretty sure the dealers are just trying to make people happy by saying it will be done in January....we really have zero idea where it is in the process.
This is something I've been noodling. We've been waiting for so long and timeframes promised slipped so often. Why would we believe that the CARB process is going to be as promised by Lotus?

In the meantime, my Supersprint Race exhaust and 3rd cat delete are sitting in the garage waiting for an Emira to put them on.

In other news Emira approval documentation is on EPA website this am.

Not really. We had a '97 Tercel at a vacation property that got drove about twice a year. For 5 years it was never on a tender. Than someone stole it. That was a great car.

Okay, agree. However, the 97 Tercel is a car from an era where there wasn't a bunch of things that stayed powered on after the ignition was turned off.

This is something I've been noodling. We've been waiting for so long and timeframes promised slipped so often. Why would we believe that the CARB process is going to be as promised by Lotus?

In the meantime, my Supersprint Race exhaust and 3rd cat delete are sitting in the garage waiting for an Emira to put them on.

Two down, one more to go.

I'm trying to remember where I heard it, but I swear I heard someone say that CARB approval typically gets posted a month after EPA approval. I could be completely wrong, but I think someone posted that awhile back.

I'm trying to remember where I heard it, but I swear I heard someone say that CARB approval typically gets posted a month after EPA approval. I could be completely wrong, but I think someone posted that awhile back.
It’s all speculation as to when carb will be approved. It could be today 😊 wishful thinking
No one knows when

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

Join now to leave a comment enjoy browsing the site ad-free!

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back