• The September 2024 Lotus Emira Photo of the Month contest is underway! Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 September 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

USA/Canada Delivery Thread

Does anyone know if the yellow calipers are actually Hethel Yellow now? I know there was some discrepancy in the past.

That's a whole lot of potential fun in one place.

You're not the only one thinking that. Keep them safe.

cat-street-gangs1.jpg

Does anyone know if the yellow calipers are actually Hethel Yellow now? I know there was some discrepancy in the past.
They aren't HY. You can see the color combo on non-US customer cars already. I'm pretty sure they are the same yellow that is in the Lotus emblem.

They are not. They match the nose badge and wheel center caps. It’s a more “lemon-ey” yellow
Well, at least they match what's right next to them. Perhaps it was that before they didn't match the badge either? I just remember reading about some color discrepancy getting resolved.

Well, at least they match what's right next to them. Perhaps it was that before they didn't match the badge either? I just remember reading about some color discrepancy getting resolved.
Initially the yellow calipers didn't match the shade of the center cap.
The caliper color has since been changed to color match.

Initially the yellow calipers didn't match the shade of the center cap.
The caliper color has since been changed to color match.
So you have pictures with yellow calipers to show the color.
If what you say is true then I will change my calipers

Unfortunately, I don’t have any pics.

But, I personally saw (2) Hethel Yellow Emira’s at my dealership over the weekend.

The “yellow“ calipers match the wheel center cap, not the body color.

Tnankfully, my Hethel Yellow Emira has black calipers.

Last edited:
1704755122717.jpeg

That’s why I went with silver calipers and will be replacing the badges with the black ones.

The yellow calipers do match the center caps and nose badge but not the body color.

You can repaint your calipers to any color you want really, just expect about $800 to sandblast them, mask, and repaint.

You can repaint your calipers to any color you want really, just expect about $800 to sandblast them, mask, and repaint.
A year ago when I bought my M3 the calipers were blue and I wanted them red to match the interior color. The dealer repainted them for free, as part of the purchase agreement. Idk if a Lotus dealership would do that (most likely not for free), but depending on the dealership it may be possible. Getting the "LOTUS" lettering right is what I'd be most concerned about, but BMW did a good job with mine.

Create an account or login to comment

Join now to leave a comment enjoy browsing the site ad-free!

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back