• The September 2024 Lotus Emira Photo of the Month contest is underway! Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 September 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

USA/Canada Delivery Thread

It looks like EPA approval was on 10-27-23.
CARB executive order shows blank still.
Sure did. The main EPA the finally shows it too. 2 1/2 months afterwards. Big since true.

IMG_0720.png

Unfortunately, I don’t have any pics.

But, I personally saw (2) Hethel Yellow Emira’s at my dealership over the weekend.

The “yellow“ calipers match the wheel center cap, not the body color.

Tnankfully, my Hethel Yellow Emira has black calipers.
That what thought and knew they are not same color as HY the reason I did black calipers as well

First one is 2.0 with vivid red (not mine). Rest is magma red (mine). I was 99% confident in my choices going in, but seeing it in-person put me at 100%. Seeing the red paint across the whole body makes it looks great. Black calipers go great with helping the red stand out too.

IMG_6765.jpeg

IMG_6762.jpeg

IMG_6761.jpeg
IMG_6756.jpeg

IMG_6751.jpeg

IMG_6757.jpeg

Documentation from EPA also outlines both Manual and Automatic were tested.
So does that mean only CARB isn't testing auto as I thought the update from Lotus was implied EPA .... but I might have read into it. Just wishing for those few auto peeps

Two things to note:

Dealer asked if I wanted tint or PPF. I asked him how much for PPF. He said around $4,900 for frontal, and $9,900 for full body. Definitely will go with the quote I posted the other day where full body for an amazing shop was $6,900.

Dealer said he heard this morning about CARB updates and that they got "feedback" and anticipated deliveries to happen next month. I don't actually believe any of this (could be this week could be next month I don't think anyone actually knows and is building in their own buffers), but thought I would pass that piece on.

Two things to note:

Dealer asked if I wanted tint or PPF. I asked him how much for PPF. He said around $4,900 for frontal, and $9,900 for full body. Definitely will go with the quote I posted the other day where full body for an amazing shop was $6,900.

Dealer said he heard this morning about CARB updates and that they got "feedback" and anticipated deliveries to happen next month. I don't actually believe any of this (could be this week could be next month I don't think anyone actually knows and is building in their own buffers), but thought I would pass that piece on.
Are you in LA? Those are pretty high prices for PPF unless you are in that area and having PFS do it.

Phoenix area. $6,900 isn't high, but $9,900 for sure is no matter where you are haha
For sure.
A friend worked at PFS in LA for quite a while, it was always interesting to compare their PPF pricing to our local stuff.
Prices are always higher the bigger the city but $9900 for an Emira is pretty crazy. Haha

So you have pictures with yellow calipers to show the color.
If what you say is true then I will change my calipers
I have one where you can kinda see the two different yellows. Not the best angle but if you zoom in on the front wheel you can see the caliper and the difference between the two yellows.

A few weeks back I was checking out my DV that was inside and just quickly snapped this while walking by. Sorry it's not a better angle.

Attachments

• PXL_20231213_171659320.jpg
    PXL_20231213_171659320.jpg
    326.2 KB · Views: 122
St. Louis is getting hit this weekend.

I don’t plan on driving my Emira until mid March, assuming I actually own the car by then😳
Yeah, I think we are getting another round of this Thursday/Friday. I'd prefer to let all the March rain wash away any residual salt on the roads before driving the Emira.

First one is 2.0 with vivid red (not mine). Rest is magma red (mine). I was 99% confident in my choices going in, but seeing it in-person put me at 100%. Seeing the red paint across the whole body makes it looks great. Black calipers go great with helping the red stand out too.

View attachment 35453
View attachment 35448
View attachment 35449View attachment 35450
View attachment 35452
View attachment 35451
It looks like the vivid red calipers match the body color.

Any chance anyone has pics of Osmium with either the black or silver v spoke wheels? I am trying to decide on which wheels, this is my last part.. UGH.. decisions.. Not sure how you guys made your color choice without seeing it in person..

Dealer told me in October to get my spec in to them for an expected March build. I've been asking on the regular what the progress is and told it's coming up. Welp, I'm still ten away from an allocation. October '22 deposit.

Yeah, the PPF business has gotten out of control. I get that detailing is a labor-intensive business. But charging "new paint job" prices for polishing and protection is getting well beyond what's objectively reasonable for the outcome.
Brings the debate to just respray every 5-7yrs

Create an account or login to comment

Join now to leave a comment enjoy browsing the site ad-free!

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back