• The September 2024 Lotus Emira Photo of the Month contest is underway! Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 September 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

USA/Canada Delivery Thread

Just took a call. I’m in a carb state. I’ve just got my VIN today. My car is in a batch of 20
at Hethel, but soon to leave. East cost Dealer expects to have the car in about 4 weeks.
I guessed that the cars for CARB states are still in UK. Now, we don't know for sure if this dealer is correct that the cars are still in UK, but it's more believable that it is.

Hethel returns to work on 1/15, I believe. But the logistics folks may have already been working to move the cars if CARB approval is imminent.

Just fyi, my dealer was unequivocally clear, all of his carb cars (FE1.0 and FE2.0) are in the uk. He quoted a conversation with lotus today. They are coming together.

So much for all the communications that dealers gave customers indicating their cars in CARB states were at the port of Baltimore.

Original deposit Oct 9 2021. Originally #20 at dealer. Official order submission Aug 30, 2023.
I chose poorly. Same deposit date, five months to go until I get to order.

Beautiful car!

Just fyi, my dealer was unequivocally clear, all of his carb cars (FE1.0 and FE2.0) are in the uk. He quoted a conversation with lotus today. They are coming together.
Lotus NJ?

My FE2.0 arrived at dealer yesterday. Showed up sooner than they thought so I couldnt be there in person but dealer took photos of unloading.
The privacy glass even looks right. I did get permission to post these.
Original deposit Oct 9 2021. Originally #20 at dealer. Official order submission Aug 30, 2023.
He said I can drive it (supervised) next weekend once it clears inspection process. Surprised about that.
View attachment 35576View attachment 35577
Great tastes! Same spec with gray interior.

Just took a call. I’m in a carb state. I’ve just got my VIN today. My car is in a batch of 20
at Hethel, but soon to leave. East cost Dealer expects to have the car in about 4 weeks.
Was just about to post the same. Dealer seems to the end of February. I have told myself April before it's on my driveway.

Just got the call this afternoon that my FE2 has arrived in Baltimore and should be at the Cape Fear, Wilmington, NC, dealership in the next couple of days. Meridian Blue, touring, V6MT, black leather, black pack, yellow calipers and silver wheels. For reference, deposit paid in March 2023. Guess I’ll be claiming a visitation visit before CARB gets approved.

Last edited:
I'm waiting by the phone
Waiting for you to call me up and tell me I'm not alone
'Cause I want my F’ing Emira
I need my F’ing Emira
I want my F’ing Emira

Oh wait it’s F’ing 13 below on Tuesday…

All the difference in the world is just a call away
And I'm waiting by the phone
Waiting for you to call me up and tell me I'm not alone
Yes I'm waiting by the phone
I'm waiting for you to call me up and tell me I'm not alone

Ight lets get the carb bullshit over with already!

Just got the call this afternoon that my FE2 has arrived in Baltimore and should be at the Cape Fear, Wilmington, NC, dealership in the next couple of days. Meridian Blue, touring, V6MT, black leather, black pack, yellow calipers and silver wheels. For reference, deposit paid in March 2023. Guess I’ll be claiming a visitation visit before CARB gets approved.
Congrats. March 2023 deposit? It does seem that Cape Fear somehow jumped the queue over other dealers.

Congrats. March 2023 deposit? It does seem that Cape Fear somehow jumped the queue over other dealers.
I think, since they were a brand new dealership, they had to have something to sell. Hence they were given a few allocations to kick off. I must say, I was almost in shock when I got the call since I wasn’t expecting any news until perhaps April at the earliest. Not complaining though!

Create an account or login to comment

Join now to leave a comment enjoy browsing the site ad-free!

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back