• The September 2024 Lotus Emira Photo of the Month contest is underway! Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 September 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

USA/Canada Delivery Thread

That has got to be the best Friday news! I have a Feb build, so it'd be a while for me, but very happy for all the people whose cars are here, and are just waiting for CARB.

giphy.gif

Put a deposit down late Oct 2023. Hope to place official order sometime this summer. Congrats to those receiving now!!

I googled my VIN and it showed up for the shipping details.
My VIN yields no results, which makes me think my dealers cars are in UK as was mentioned. A little disappointed knowing the cars are likely getting released sooner than it takes to ship them, based on the latest info from Dallas. Oh well. What’s another few weeks to a near 3 year wait….?

Just dropped into Boardwalk Lotus and Tom was just about to pick up the phone to call me. Have the VIN, the whole list for the first 25 or so too. Confirmed the cars are still in Hethel.
That sounds like late Feb at the earliest for cars to make it to the west coast. Appreciate the info.

I heard from my dealer directly that the CARB stickers are going out but CARB approval is still pending. I suspect they're sending out the stickers in anticipation of it passing so that the cars can be delivered at that time and not have to wait for something as silly as stickers floating around via USPS or something.

In other words, the stickers arriving is a good sign and at least shows that Lotus is doing parallel processing which is almost shocking at this point. I would have expected us to have another wait period of "sticker delivery" post-CARB approval but at least it sounds like they'll get that one right!

I heard from my dealer directly that the CARB stickers are going out but CARB approval is still pending. I suspect they're sending out the stickers in anticipation of it passing so that the cars can be delivered at that time and not have to wait for something as silly as stickers floating around via USPS or something.

In other words, the stickers arriving is a good sign and at least shows that Lotus is doing parallel processing which is almost shocking at this point. I would have expected us to have another wait period of "sticker delivery" post-CARB approval but at least it sounds like they'll get that one right!
The right kind of sticker shock!
Teased right up until the end.

My dealer told me a couple days ago CARB called Lotus for some clarification from submitted data and got their answered and seemed satisfied. This jives with that i’ve been told the process is like.

At the very least this tells us data is being reviewed.

Last edited:
My dealer told me a couple days ago CARB called Lotus for some clarification from submitted data and got their answered and seemed satisfied. This jives with that i’ve been told the process is like.

At the very least this tells us data is being reviewed.
Thank god the proper bloke took the call and said the right thing.
Imagine getting locked in IVR phone hell?
For Administration press 1
For Engineering press 2
For Manufacturing press 3
For Regulatory compliance press 4
For Export/import concerns press 5
For Customer Care press 6
For Parts orders press 7
Press # if you know your party's extension
For all other inquiries press 0 and cross your fingers your call is answered in a reasonable period of time.
Your wait time is 'worth the wait' regardless.
Cheers....

I meant to post this here

Create an account or login to comment

Join now to leave a comment enjoy browsing the site ad-free!

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back