• The September 2024 Lotus Emira Photo of the Month contest is underway! Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 September 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

USA/Canada Delivery Thread

Same, I would have ended up tinting it without the privacy glass I think and then it would be a film tint right on top of the engine — seems like it might fail early.
That’s true there’s a possibility, but It’ll only be $20 worth of tint. I owned a 360 Modena and over time wanted to show off the engine more with lights. Having the flexibility is cool.

The privacy glass was pretty dark looking out on my test drive surprisingly. I’m used to 20% tint all around.

That’s true there’s a possibility, but It’ll only be $20 worth of tint. I owned a 360 Modena and over time wanted to show off the engine more with lights. Having the flexibility is cool.

The privacy glass was pretty dark looking out on my test drive surprisingly. I’m used to 20% tint all around.
Agreed on the point about flexibility. You can make it darker fairly inexpensively. But it would cost a lot to make it lighter.

Next batch arrived in Scottsdale. Didn't have time today, but checking it out on Monday. Anyone from Arizona want to swap exhaust tailpipe finishers 👀? I did not want the black pack, but I really want the black tailpipes.

Agreed on the point about flexibility. You can make it darker fairly inexpensively. But it would cost a lot to make it lighter.
Agreed. But it was cloudy and rainy on my drive and it was still fine with me. I just don't like the way it looks without it being darker. Agreed on tint but with the black pack I love the privacy. I'm probably only driving it on sunny days myself

WhatsApp Image 2024-01-06 at 2.27.48 PM.jpeg

PXL_20240106_195113371.jpg

Hethel Yellow (with black pack and privacy glass) dealer demo I checked out today at Lotus Miami (Prestige Imports). They have a few more colors in another lot that I'll go see later next week.

Thankfully the amber reflectors on the headlights were barely noticeable as they're extremely well-integrated with the design.

Privacy glass still lets you see the engine, but it greatly obscures the details, especially in cloudier conditions.

As expected, however, Miami weather is not kind to these cars, and dirt/grime will build up on them extremely quickly. Darker colors will make the dirt much more visible as well.

I drive my Miat once a week. It's never had issues. We have reports on here of dead batteries inside of a week.
May I ask what era? It also depends on the car I guess. A lot of modern cars have a bunch of little computers that stay running. Things like GPS, cell communications, Bluetooth, are never turned off. My CLA250 messages me when its battery is low, ironically.

Sorry to be a broken clock, anyone see how the lotus branded tender hooks up? Just want to make sure its a hardwire or else I'm going to have the dealer install the ctek leads for me to avoid any issues.

Sorry to be a broken clock, anyone see how the lotus branded tender hooks up? Just want to make sure it’s a hardwire or else I'm going to have the dealer install the ctek leads for me to avoid any issues.
I’d be willing to bet they are the same chargers for the Emira that came with the Evoras, which had SAE quick connections. The cars likely have the battery end already pre-installed sticking out from behind the battery cover in the truck. A Ctek charger would require a new battery end connection to be installed.

May I ask what era? It also depends on the car I guess. A lot of modern cars have a bunch of little computers that stay running. Things like GPS, cell communications, Bluetooth, are never turned off. My CLA250 messages me when its battery is low, ironically.
ND2

Agreed, really hope the double negative thing works in my favor!!! I dont want privacy glass.
I ended up with privacy glass. Despite not wanting it - I was going for no tint.

Now I’ll likely end up tinting.

I’m bothered that I ended up with privacy glass but no way I’ll try and get that corrected, pulling glass is a pain in butt and I see it as a greater risk of other damage than just leaving it.

Last edited:
Im afraid tint will not age well
Modern ceramic-based tints don't fade, and if installed properly don't lift at the edges with age. I have tint on a 10 year old BMW that still looks brand new, which is far more than I can say for tint I've had on past cars which deteriorated after 6-8 years.

I ended up with privacy glass. No

Modern ceramic-based tints don't fade, and if installed properly don't lift at the edges with age. I have tint on a 10 year old BMW that still looks brand new, which is far more than I can say for tint I've had on past cars which deteriorated after 6-8 years.
Goes to show I’m still thinking of old tint.

Stopped at Naples today to check out the colors and my salesman said they got a few extra FE2.0 allocations and I can jump up to that instead of a base car if I wanted. So I did. Planning on Osmium or Zinc with black wheels, full black pack, white interior, unsure about caliper color though. I have till Monday to decide.

Here are a few pics while I was there. Saw a zinc with black wheels, re calipers, full black pack and white interior. That's really the only reason I'm considering that color combo. But I was never a huge fan of that color as it's basically nardo grey on an Audi.

Also for anyone that wants to see Seneca with and without privacy glass next to each other here is a Pic of that side by side.
This is the best example of not deleted privacy glass vs not not not deleted privacy glass we’ve seen so far. Thanks!

Also the black pack vs not black pack but not someone doing some of it after delivery on their own and confusing us a whole lot who then had to figure out if there was some extra delete options we did not not not miss.

Awesome awesome picture that Lotus could never ever ever provided us at any time. Would have been impossible.

Also great day to do it. Overcast or whatnot really exaggerates the difference. Never not not not not not a sky like that in England…

Create an account or login to comment

Join now to leave a comment enjoy browsing the site ad-free!

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back