• The September 2024 Lotus Emira Photo of the Month contest is underway! Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 September 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

USA/Canada Delivery Thread

@TomE would have an easier time separating this ~7k thread post to where each comment should go than we would figuring out how Lotus is planning to please US Customers…

I don’t disagree with you but from a business revenue side many of us are already on the hook , car will sell once released. If you do reject the car they sell it to the next guy.

Dealers are focused on moving inventory they can sell that’s whats going to get the best treatment attention.

Honestly why would they choose to PDI now without a date of when they can sell and risk having to do it over again. They just wait until green light then PDI , if it got cat scratches / water spots while it waited deal with it then.

It’s sucks for us because having waited this long of we are subconsciously expecting perfection. It’s our baby ….

To a dealer it’s just another car
Yeah I agree. I get the dealers standpoint they're working with what they got. On our end there's no point in repeatedly beating up Lotus corporate over how horrible this has all been, but it's also fun to help pass the time at how horrible they continue to make it 😅

Can we get this thread to 400 pages before anyone actually drives their Emira off the lot?
i think we are going to make that easy, especially considering the amount of posts will increase as we get closer

i think we are going to make that easy, especially considering the amount of posts will increase as we get closer
Unfortunately I agree that we will make it easily

I am very excited that I will be involved in all the ups and downs for all the North American market. We have years of canyon roads, modifications, tow trucks, and VIP treatment to discuss. I am gonna get the most outlandish wheels for my winter setup. For once in my life I will not be conservative and people will say, "What the hell is that!" Of course winters don't last long down south!

There is a lot of discussion and anticipation around CARB. I found the following web page and it talks about the process, especially all the red tape that must occur after physical testing. UNFORTUNATELY it's about heavy duty trucks. I could not find the equivalent page for cars. Anyway, to all you readers and detectives take a look. I found it just interesting to see the government's process.

Who is this @TomE guy?
How dare you invoke He who shall not be named,
the Driven One where all roads lead, source of Forum graces,
risking the wrath of legions of diehard acolytes
who yearn for the eternal joy of the Good Drive,
long foretold and soon to come.
#ForTheDrivers

How dare you invoke He who shall not be named,
the Driven One where all roads lead, source of Forum graces,
risking the wrath of legions of diehard acolytes
who yearn for the eternal joy of the Good Drive,
long foretold and soon to come.
#ForTheDrivers
That and he bought a McLaren 12C

I'm pretty certain that all the cars on AutoTrader are sold customer cars that are being picked up from Dealer websites. My car is listed on the dealers website as for sale, which it obviously is not. Probably just their inventory system feeding their website and then feeding autotrader. See: https://www.vegasautogallery.com/new-vehicle-2024-lotus-emira-c-3124/
GM and other brads do the same thing, car dealers say they are automatically uploaded. I am sure it’s the same with Lotus with dealers that have other brands under their ownership.

I put my name on the list in Dec/2020 for the Emira. I also put my name on my new Z06 in June 2020 after receiving my 2020 Z51 C8. My Dealer on the Z06 called me Nov 2021 and said I was first up and to give him my build but they decided no MSRP and ask for 50k over, I told them to pound dirt. I added my name at another dealer for a z06 at msrp per the owner/GM in Dec 2021. Still don’t have either car but know my Z Allocation is coming in mid to late February. Wife now wants a pool and they are not cheap and hate being the pool boy as I sold the last house in 2022 and said no more pools. I am not sure I want to spend all this money for what I consider luxury toys. Maybe one will need to go who knows I am just exhausted and tired of waiting.

Last edited:
I put my name on the list in Dec/2020 for the Emira. I also put my name on my new Z06 in June 2020 after receiving my 2020 Z51 C8. My Dealer on the Z06 called me Nov 2021 and said I was first up and to give him my build but they decided no MSRP and ask for 50k over, I told them to pound dirt. I added my name at another dealer for a z06 at msrp per the owner/GM in Dec 2021. Still don’t have either car but know my Z Allocation is coming in mid to late February. Wife now wants a pool and they are not cheap and hate being the pool boy as I sold the last house in 2022 and said no more pools. I am not sure I want to spend all this money for what I consider luxury toys. Maybe one will need to go who knows I am just exhausted and tired of waiting.
After digesting this I see either being soaked on the Zs or pool your money.
Car pool.
#ForTheDivers

Car pool.
#ForTheDivers
Car pool.
#ForTheDivers
I was not a fan of the Z51/C8 clutch did not match low rev motor so I sold it after2 months. The Z06 which I drove at Lotus of Dallas after driving the Emira was a completely different car than my C8-Z51. My goal was to have both a manual Lotus and a dual clutch high rev V8 that had similarities to a 458 Ferrari At half the entry cost. My point since waiting for over 3 years other priorities come up in the family like pool or vacation homes. Mine haven’t changed other than frustration with The wai.
the C8-Z51

As a serial pool owner I. A say only this: Pony up the extra and build the indoor addition. Doubles the price easily, worth it
IMG_5773.png

Okay back to Delivery of our Emira, but my Last drawing of the pool I did is water to water 30 x 12 . We will see all the trees will be a Pain in the A!

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

Join now to leave a comment enjoy browsing the site ad-free!

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back