• The September 2024 Lotus Emira Photo of the Month contest is underway! Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 September 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

USA/Canada Delivery Thread

All I got was that Canadian cars might be coming in end of March. As for if they are built - my guess is yes. Allocations were handed out along with American dealer allocations, so I would imagine they were scheduled for production based on that. Most if not all V1's should be produced and the majority of V2's seemed to have been made / various stages of production as well, except for perhaps these last couple months of allocations that came in from the i4/auto delays.

Canadian cars will almost surely be either stored at port in Baltimore/New Jersey or Lotus USA HQ in some holding yard. Most Canadian cars from Europe come from the port in Halifax, but it seems that Lotus USA does not have anything setup for this. Expect at least a month in-between first US deliveries and Canadian Emira's arriving at our dealers. Also mentioned that more V2 allocations will probably be coming through for a few more months. Given that over 500 cars have already arrived in US, I would expect the remaining 1K-1.5K additional Emira's arriving over the next 8 months or so. Healthy amount of Emira's will be released all at the same time it seems. Reminds me of the Mercedes SL 2022 launch.... that was a disaster as well because of CARB.
And here I was — foolish me — thinking at least we're now in the home stretch, and that we only had this one final CARB delay to wait on... :rolleyes:😒

How did you decide to go with them out of curiosity? I see you’re not in Vegas…
I was living in Boise, ID at the time I placed the order. They were the closest dealer to me at the time, well the closest dealer in a city I wanted to make a weekend trip out of anyway.

image-5.png
Damn, that's funny. In the same vein,
"Whose waiting line is it?"

Anyone think carb certification will be approved next week. If so what day.
I’m betting by Wednesday.
No proof just a gut feeling.
PPI done on my car. No issues so I have been told. Also PPF is done.
So I just need to pay and drive off into happiness.

Took a trip down to Austin today and stopped in to see my Atlantis car for the first time. I am very happy with how it looks. Didn't see any issues thankfully. Has the Lotus battery tender in the trunk.
All the others looked good as well. No bird droppings or anything. These cars really look amazing.

Attachments

• 20240104_173516.jpg
    20240104_173516.jpg
    339.2 KB · Views: 237
  • 20240104_173501.jpg
    20240104_173501.jpg
    363.3 KB · Views: 236
  • 20240104_173531.jpg
    20240104_173531.jpg
    344.3 KB · Views: 219
  • 20240104_173709.jpg
    20240104_173709.jpg
    356.2 KB · Views: 232
Anyone think carb certification will be approved next week. If so what day.
I’m betting by Wednesday.
No proof just a gut feeling.
PPI done on my car. No issues so I have been told. Also PPF is done.
So I just need to pay and drive off into happiness.
Man I’m like you , keep having positive thoughts and that someone at the office is aware and will get on the approval soon.

I’m heading to Brazil the week of the 22nd and hoping it will happen that week and I’ll grab it Friday or Saturday when I get back.

Took a trip down to Austin today and stopped in to see my Atlantis car for the first time. I am very happy with how it looks. Didn't see any issues thankfully. Has the Lotus battery tender in the trunk.
All the others looked good as well. No bird droppings or anything. These cars really look amazing.
Red with no black pack and black wheels.... chef's kiss 🤌

MVP!

Thank you for taking a look. I’ll be there next week to see mine. I’ll check on everyone else’s baby and report back lol

Also worth noting about this Austin Texas dealer, is that the cars are actually not at the new car lot. They are at their separate pre-owned lot. (Previously Audi lot)
I asked my salesman about the cars getting batteries topped off and he wasn't sure since they're over at this other lot. He said he would ask about someone starting and letting them idle for a bit in the future.

I'll be in Orlando in three weeks for the Rolex24, hopefully can drop in to the local Lotus dealership and see an Emira in real life

I was a Volvo dealer till 3 months ago. I remember this ad, bottom cars tires were filled with sand to withstand the weight!
Still pretty
I'll be in Orlando in three weeks for the Rolex24, hopefully can drop in to the local Lotus dealership and see an Emira in real life
416903016_10161691238807392_5942332493997096686_n.jpg
there's even more in there now, stacking in the hallway (cosmo black 2.0)

416903016_10161691238807392_5942332493997096686_n.jpg
there's even more in there now, stacking in the hallway (cosmo black 2.0)
That's great to see ... my next ask will be to meet an owner to let me sit in the car if they haven't been released yet from the dealer :)))))))

Create an account or login to comment

Join now to leave a comment enjoy browsing the site ad-free!

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back