• The September 2024 Lotus Emira Photo of the Month contest is underway! Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 September 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

USA/Canada Delivery Thread

By the same logic, I feel if my "FE2.0" is one of the first 500 in the US, isn't it technically an FE1.0 and they should remove $12K from my bill :)
In fairness, one of those price increases (ADM / markup adjustment fee) is set by a North American dealer, while the other (the increased FE 2.0 vehicle price) is set by Lotus UK. :p

In fairness, one of those price increases (ADM / markup adjustment fee) is set by a North American dealer, while the other (the increased FE 2.0 vehicle price) is set by Lotus UK. :p
Yeah, I get it. I just think it's funny if these were all sitting on a showroom floor, and you brought someone in who knew nothing about what has transpired, you'd be very hard pressed to make them understand why two vehicles with the same build sheet that arrived in the same year and time are $12K price different.

Screenshot_20240103_164023_Google.jpg
Need update - I'm running LEAN!

Reactions: Max
The 4 cars delivered so far to Scottsdale MaLaren/Lotus:
Mine (Nimbus Gray with black pack)
Hethel Yellow / no black pacK
Hethel Yellow with black pack
Dark Verdant

They expect a few more cars soon!
Thanks for taking a photo of my car. Saved me a long trip haha. I'll still probably see if I can drop by tomorrow.

If you think being put outside is bad, my dealer told me that since nobody is compensated on the sale of these cars until they sell (post CARB) that he's being evicted from his apartment due to non-payment since he hasn't been paid since 2021, and that he is having to live inside my Emira just until they get paid for the sales of the FE1.0s. Said he would promise to only sleep on the passenger seat out of respect though.
Soon

Storing cars, even high end cars outside is normal. Lotus is in between a normal car and "high end" anyways. Go over to a Porsche dealer and you will see 911 Turbo S outside. The lotus dealer in town here is also Lambo, Rolls, McLaren, etc and they have all those cars outside as well. I don't sweat it sitting outside. Remember these cars sat outside in Hethel before being picked up, again sat outside at port in UK, driven onto RORO ship by a dockworker, then sit outside at Port in US.
Agree and everyone needs to remember the worst thing for our cars is transportation the more the car is transported the more chances for damage to happen. Sitting at the port over a dealer with many people walking around & touching & looking at the car IMO Port could be safer. For the OCD people which I am a platinum card holder. You would go nuts on how they ship and move these cars. They treat them like donkeys and 90% of the transportation teams don’t care. Damage happens all the time and it never gets reported to the buyer. Many ports have body shops and ways to fix the cars. Like I mentioned the biggest concern is transportation/moving the car this is when 95% of all damages happen. One car that arrived at a dealer the splitter was cracked and they ask lotus to send them a new one. New owner will never know it happens all the time,

Last edited:
I really want full body PPF, but the quote I just got is $6,900 for SunTek Ultra. It's only $1,950 for full frontal. The complexity is slightly higher than a regular shaped front, but I paid $1,850 for full frontal on a Plaid X and $2,025 for an X5. So not sure how I feel about paying $1,950 for the small front on an Emira 😅, but $6,900 is rough (for reference I'm in Arizona for rates).

I really want full body PPF, but the quote I just got is $6,900 for SunTek Ultra. It's only $1,950 for full frontal. The complexity is slightly higher than a regular shaped front, but I paid $1,850 for full frontal on a Plaid X and $2,025 for an X5. So not sure how I feel about paying $1,950 for the small front on an Emira 😅, but $6,900 is rough (for reference I'm in Arizona for rates).
Who was your quote from?

Who was your quote from?
OzBraz in Gilbert. I've had them do about 5 or 6 cars over the past few years and they're always amazing. Their team constantly wins a lot of the top tinting and PPF installer awards at the national competitions.

Caught this on Facebook. Here's an inspection sheet showing items to be addressed on a newly delivered Emira. I can make out a couple of scratches, dirty seats, a seat mark, but not sure what the third word is after "door panel". Looks like the car also comes with some items in a checklist. I can make out 2 keys... books?... charger... some type of kit, and something something...

Screenshot_20240104_075358_Facebook.jpg

Last edited:
Caught this on Facebook. Here's an inspection sheet showing items to be addressed on a newly delivered Emira. I can make out a couple of scratches, dirty seats, a seat mark, but not sure what the third word is after "door panel". Looks like the car also comes with some items in a checklist. I can make out 2 keys... books?... charger... some type of kit, and something something...

View attachment 35250
I saw that too and took a similar screenshot…I think the it says “door panel mark”.

I'm pretty certain that all the cars on AutoTrader are sold customer cars that are being picked up from Dealer websites. My car is listed on the dealers website as for sale, which it obviously is not. Probably just their inventory system feeding their website and then feeding autotrader. See: https://www.vegasautogallery.com/new-vehicle-2024-lotus-emira-c-3124/
But then why would they bother taking pictures of your car if it's already "sold" to you? Are they preparing for in case you decide not to go through with it or something?

But then why would they bother taking pictures of your car if it's already "sold" to you? Are they preparing for in case you decide not to go through with it or something?
Cheapest advertising in the world. List cars that people want. They call or come in, "well that one is sold, but have you looked at ...."

Every dealer wants to drive traffic.

Create an account or login to comment

Join now to leave a comment enjoy browsing the site ad-free!

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back