• The September 2024 Lotus Emira Photo of the Month contest is underway! Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 September 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

USA/Canada Delivery Thread

I'm now wondering if it's a hidden blessing for the CARB state guys to not know where our cars are at. Are they being stored in doors by Lotus? Ignorance is bliss?

I'm now wondering if it's a hidden blessing for the CARB state guys to not know where our cars are at. Are they being stored in doors by Lotus? Ignorance is bliss?
I personally don’t even care lol — haven’t paid for it yet. Bring on the rain, make it heavy. If it has issues by the time it gets to me, all the better.

I personally don’t even care lol — haven’t paid for it yet. Bring on the rain, make it heavy. If it has issues by the time it gets to me, all the better.
I'm not too worried about rain and what not since, like you, I'd rather that any water-caused issues to develop before I pickup the car. What I would like to avoid is the dealership people messing with the car. I'd hate for the dealership shuffling the cars around on their lot to build different displays. For them to wash/clean the cars as they become dirty. I'm OCD about swirls. When I walk towards my car, I can't help but notice swirls. My eyes get drawn to it - I know it's irrational because no one else cares about it except for me.

Wait until Lotus denies warranty claims because the dealers were not supposed to remove the shipping protection until final PDI. That'll be fun. (note: I'm just making this up, but it honestly wouldn't surprise me at this point)

Also as a data point at my local dealership, zero Lambos are ever stored outside, and most especially not brand new customer cars before delivery. I'm not sure what Park Place will do with Emiras; they seem to have a great number of Astons outside.

the exotic dealer in Austin has a ton of exotic cars outside. no other choice, space inside is pretty limited. tho they do have their most expensive cars inside. i only checked prices on a few, one being a DBS 770 Ultimate that was over a half a million.

excluding their side parking lot of Audis the Lotus might be the cheapest new car there in fact

the exotic dealer in Austin has a ton of exotic cars outside. no other choice, space inside is pretty limited. tho they do have their most expensive cars inside

excluding their side parking lot of Audis the Lotus might be the cheapest new car there in fact
Well that's certainly still a choice. They've chosen not to buy, build, or rent indoor storage space. One presumes they pass the savings on to the customers?

Well that's certainly still a choice. They've chosen not to buy, build, or rent indoor storage space. One presumes they pass the savings on to the customers?
It’s a smart bet for the luxury dealer. Lotus is that “entry level luxury” and if not that, it’s definitely unique…

Yeah and as a bonus it’s right there so even if the dealer is closed you can check it out. Haha

But not normal for a made-to-order car. The expectation is that you spec it out and the moment it hits the dealer and passes inspection you're picking it up. It's not a "lot car" that was just ordered to have stock on hand. Some people could care less about the paint on the car and others (like myself) meticulously detail their cars every single week 😅 and never let them sit outside unless I'm running into the grocery store or something like that. So the dealer getting to make that decision for you on whether it gets to sit outside for a month isn't the best spot to be in.
If you think being put outside is bad, my dealer told me that since nobody is compensated on the sale of these cars until they sell (post CARB) that he's being evicted from his apartment due to non-payment since he hasn't been paid since 2021, and that he is having to live inside my Emira just until they get paid for the sales of the FE1.0s. Said he would promise to only sleep on the passenger seat out of respect though.

If you think being put outside is bad, my dealer told that since nobody is compensated on the sale of these cars until they sell (post CARB) that he's being evicted from his apartment due to non-payment since he hasn't been paid since 2021, and that he is having to live inside my Emira just until they get paid for the sales of the FE1.0s. Said he would promise to only sleep on the passenger seat out of respect though.
Is he allowed to use the heater in the car. It’s starting to get pretty cold at night

If you think being put outside is bad, my dealer told me that since nobody is compensated on the sale of these cars until they sell (post CARB) that he's being evicted from his apartment due to non-payment since he hasn't been paid since 2021, and that he is having to live inside my Emira just until they get paid for the sales of the FE1.0s. Said he would promise to only sleep on the passenger seat out of respect though.
I pray for your sake his sex life is in a lull phase.......

When Carb is approved and it's time to pick up the outdoor Emiras.
ferrari-enzo-abandoned-in-dubai_100361113_m-jpg.33623

The 4 cars delivered so far to Scottsdale MaLaren/Lotus:
Mine (Nimbus Gray with black pack)
Hethel Yellow / no black pacK
Hethel Yellow with black pack
Dark Verdant

They expect a few more cars soon!

Attachments

• IMG_1487.jpeg
    IMG_1487.jpeg
    290.6 KB · Views: 165
  • IMG_1495.jpeg
    IMG_1495.jpeg
    302.2 KB · Views: 155
  • IMG_1491.jpeg
    IMG_1491.jpeg
    292 KB · Views: 164
  • IMG_1492.jpeg
    IMG_1492.jpeg
    348.1 KB · Views: 170
I want 2.0's here ASAP. My dealer said if 2.0's are here with my 1.0, no ADM.
You mean your dealer is telling you that they will add an extra markup just based on shipping times; for a car you already placed a factory order for? Tell your dealer to suck it. Because of the automatic delays you can get a manual allocation at another dealer today.

You mean your dealer is telling you that they will add an extra markup just based on shipping times; for a car you already placed a factory order for? Tell your dealer to suck it. Because of the automatic delays you can get a manual allocation at another dealer today.
When I placed my deposit there were only 700 FE's. I didn't have a problem paying ADM for a car I was suppose to get 1 year before everybody else, but now 2.0's will be here the same time and they got more color options I am not paying ADM.

When I placed my deposit there were only 700 FE's. I didn't have a problem paying ADM for a car I was suppose to get 1 year before everybody else, but now 2.0's will be here the same time and they got more color options I am not paying ADM.
By the same logic, I feel if my "FE2.0" is one of the first 500 in the US, isn't it technically an FE1.0 and they should remove $12K from my bill :)

Create an account or login to comment

Join now to leave a comment enjoy browsing the site ad-free!

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back