• The September 2024 Lotus Emira Photo of the Month contest is underway! Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 September 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

USA/Canada Delivery Thread

Am I alone on this thought?

“These poor cars sitting outside at these dealerships…”

Like, when does the car become “used” just based on sitting outdoors in the elements (and cats)?

Asking for a friend.

Also - what’s the new “for the drivers” slogan?
My dealership rented indoor storage space to keep its allocation of Emiras safe from the elements.

Lotus: We wont keep your cars out in the elements to protect them from the weather.

ALSO LOTUS:
img_5737-jpg.34161

In China, Emira owners get a KEF headphone with the car. Wondering if US owners will get one.

Am I alone on this thought?

“These poor cars sitting outside at these dealerships…”

Like, when does the car become “used” just based on sitting outdoors in the elements (and cats)?

Asking for a friend.

Also - what’s the new “for the drivers” slogan?
New slogan is "For the Cats", of course

Lotus of Naples is posting many Emiras they have received listed for sale. I don't think all those cars are canceled by the customers, right? Or they might be doing that to attract potential customers or make their inventory bigger. Is any other dealership doing this?

Yes, lotus of Dallas has my car listed under their inventory - it's probably something normal in their inventory control system.

Lotus of Naples is posting many Emiras they have received listed for sale. I don't think all those cars are canceled by the customers, right? Or they might be doing that to attract potential customers or make their inventory bigger. Is any other dealership doing this?
You are going to have to out-bid someone else for your car 🤣

They're listing all of them, mine is up there now.

In other news Naples confirmed with me that the cars will be coming with tenders

They're listing all of them, mine is up there now.

In other news Naples confirmed with me that the cars will be coming with tenders
Makes sense, that is the same dealer that listed the demo cars for sale that they temporarily had 😂

6 additional units came in to the US on Saturday, but to Newark, NJ, not to Baltimore. It's also a type of bill of lading I haven't seen previously on these, an "In-bond" type.

1704217588099.png

The consignee for these is Lotus themselves, not the Lotus Cars USA subsidiary.

[edit] I looked up the automated In-Bond status and that indicates that the cargo is intended to be taken through the US on the way to another country, and not actually imported TO the US. Previously cargo that was carried forward on the same ship was billed slightly differently, so I suspect something is different about these. As far as I can tell, either they are bound for Canada over land transport, or they are being loaded onto a different ship in Newark and taken elsewhere.

All the details you could ever want about In-Bond import processing can be found here.

Last edited:
6 additional units came in to the US on Saturday, but to Newark, NJ, not to Baltimore. It's also a type of bill of lading I haven't seen previously on these, an "In-bond" type.

View attachment 35187

The consignee for these is Lotus themselves, not the Lotus Cars USA subsidiary.

[edit] I looked up the automated In-Bond status and that indicates that the cargo is intended to be taken through the US on the way to another country, and not actually imported TO the US. Previously cargo that was carried forward on the same ship was billed slightly differently, so I suspect something is different about these. As far as I can tell, either they are bound for Canada over land transport, or they are being loaded onto a different ship in Newark and taken elsewhere.

All the details you could ever want about In-Bond import processing can be found here.
006: Bond. Jersey Bond.

My Emira just arrived in Scottsdale!!!
Big, & True! They received 3 others also!
Evidently I am one of the four which really surprises me as I ordered May 2023. I got the call today. I think I benefited from many people not noticing AZ had a lotus dealership. You were able to get pics? I might need to drop by and do the same!

Create an account or login to comment

Join now to leave a comment enjoy browsing the site ad-free!

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back