• The September 2024 Lotus Emira Photo of the Month contest is underway! Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 September 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

USA/Canada Delivery Thread

Evidently I am one of the four which really surprises me as I ordered May 2023. I got the call today. I think I benefited from many people not noticing AZ had a lotus dealership. You were able to get pics? I might need to drop by and do the same!
Yeah Scottsdale was the skip the line hack. Glad they opened that one 😅

Well if 473 cars made it here, and they all get listed, then wouldn't there be more than 123 cars listed for sale on autotrader? I know all of the cars aren't listed on there, but I'm positing the possibility that plenty of cars will be available for people that want them now.

Well if 473 cars made it here, then wouldn't there be more than 123 cars listed for sale on autotrader? I know all of the cars aren't listed on there, but I'm throwing out there the possibility that plenty of cars will be available for people that want them now.
Many folks on these forums have said their car - which they are under contract for, and still plan to buy - are listed for sale on Autotrader.

Not all dealers have the same listing policies, so that’s why you don’t see 473 cars for sale.

That said, I’m sure some of the cars will be for sale after CARB certification passes and potential owners renege on their commitments to buy

Well if 473 cars made it here, and they all get listed, then wouldn't there be more than 123 cars listed for sale on autotrader? I know all of the cars aren't listed on there, but I'm positing the possibility that plenty of cars will be available for people that want them now.

Are you suggesting that all 473 cars should be on auto trader? That every dealer should do the same things that some other dealers are doing?

There are 6 unique lotus dealers listed on Autotrader for Emiras. Only 3 of which have any photos of individual cars. There are 39 lotus dealers in the US.

Are you suggesting that all 473 cars should be on auto trader? That every dealer should do the same things that some other dealers are doing?
Are you testy and defensive? Did you actually read my post that you quoted where I said I know all of the cars aren't on there?

Many folks on these forums have said their car - which they are under contract for, and still plan to buy - are listed for sale on Autotrader.

Not all dealers have the same listing policies, so that’s why you don’t see 473 cars for sale.

That said, I’m sure some of the cars will be for sale after CARB certification passes and potential owners renege on their commitments to buy
Interesting. Thanks for the explanation.
Yeah, I think there are going to be plenty for sale. Good news for those that don't want to wait.

Well, hopefully the issue with the poorly insulated junction box under the hood was resolved before this batch was made :/

View attachment 35192
This post reminds me of the “always garaged” I added in the listing when I sold my Evora. I HAD to go back and add something to the effect of “…while I owned the vehicle”.

Imagine taking delivery of a brand new (supposedly rare model) vehicle, knowing that it was left in the rain and either dried off by the sun or hand dried somehow… BUT also after reading all the paint issues the vehicle is known to have from this forum… Ah!

Some of us have been watching this whole “dealer hack” factor and have possibly decided to get the vehicle transported in a closed carrier - just to make sure it never sees rain or anything harmful.

Then imagine having proof the vehicle was poorly kept even before all those precautions were taken. AND having nothing you can do about it… Sad.

Rambling here a bit but TLDR - store the cars outside in the rain = bad. Store the cars outside in the rain and post a picture of it = awful.

Side note - never seen any other launches of vehicles, sports cars, high-end, rare, or otherwise - so if this is “normal” let me know. I’d love to change my mind on this. I know nothing is perfect but it just feels all wrong.

Are you testy and defensive? Did you actually read my post that you quoted where I said I know all of the cars aren't on there?

Yeah, I think there are going to be plenty for sale. Good news for those that don't want to wait.

Being on autotrader doesn’t mean the car isn’t already sold. Car can go into inventory and a dealer list all inventory on autotrader automatically. Just generates calls/traffic.

I get that, but, I guess I feel like unless you live on a dirt road, will it matter OR how much will resale be affected by a chip or 2?

BTW, if I take delivery on my car, I will probably keep it until I die.
I like it for me as well. Cost wise…. A full respray would probably cost less in the long run. PPF on the front is affordable and probably a best option.

What an aggressive reply! Of course I read your post. I’m asking if you think all dealers SHOULD (not are) list all their cars on autotrader.

Dang, this thread is turning negative quick. So allow me to be positive.
I wouldn't mind my car being listed online. It's enjoyable looking at all the options with in person photos from Naples website.
Would be great for anyone that hasn't ordered yet.

This post reminds me of the “always garaged” I added in the listing when I sold my Evora. I HAD to go back and add something to the effect of “…while I owned the vehicle”.

Imagine taking delivery of a brand new (supposedly rare model) vehicle, knowing that it was left in the rain and either dried off by the sun or hand dried somehow… BUT also after reading all the paint issues the vehicle is known to have from this forum… Ah!

Some of us have been watching this whole “dealer hack” factor and have possibly decided to get the vehicle transported in a closed carrier - just to make sure it never sees rain or anything harmful.

Then imagine having proof the vehicle was poorly kept even before all those precautions were taken. AND having nothing you can do about it… Sad.

Rambling here a bit but TLDR - store the cars outside in the rain = bad. Store the cars outside in the rain and post a picture of it = awful.

Side note - never seen any other launches of vehicles, sports cars, high-end, rare, or otherwise - so if this is “normal” let me know. I’d love to change my mind on this. I know nothing is perfect but it just feels all wrong.
Storing cars, even high end cars outside is normal. Lotus is in between a normal car and "high end" anyways. Go over to a Porsche dealer and you will see 911 Turbo S outside. The lotus dealer in town here is also Lambo, Rolls, McLaren, etc and they have all those cars outside as well. I don't sweat it sitting outside. Remember these cars sat outside in Hethel before being picked up, again sat outside at port in UK, driven onto RORO ship by a dockworker, then sit outside at Port in US.

Storing cars, even high end cars outside is normal. Lotus is in between a normal car and "high end" anyways. Go over to a Porsche dealer and you will see 911 Turbo S outside. The lotus dealer in town here is also Lambo, Rolls, McLaren, etc and they have all those cars outside as well. I don't sweat it sitting outside. Remember these cars sat outside in Hethel before being picked up, again sat outside at port in UK, driven onto RORO ship by a dockworker, then sit outside at Port in US.
But not normal for a made-to-order car. The expectation is that you spec it out and the moment it hits the dealer and passes inspection you're picking it up. It's not a "lot car" that was just ordered to have stock on hand. Some people could care less about the paint on the car and others (like myself) meticulously detail their cars every single week 😅 and never let them sit outside unless I'm running into the grocery store or something like that. So the dealer getting to make that decision for you on whether it gets to sit outside for a month isn't the best spot to be in.

Lotus cars should be fine, but we’ve seen persistent issues from forum members here where they’ve had to have wiring harnesses replaced due to corrosion and lack of waterproofness. That’s why @TXEMIRA wants them protected from the elements.

The irony of a car designed and built in the UK and having issues with water in both the harness and painted panel blistering is not lost on us.

Lotus cars should be fine, but we’ve seen persistent issues from forum members here where they’ve had to have wiring harnesses replaced due to corrosion and lack of waterproofness. That’s why @TXEMIRA wants them protected from the elements.

The irony of a car designed and built in the UK and having issues with water in both the harness and painted panel blistering is not lost on us.
Understood, my point is that cars, even high end special ordered cars sit outside. Now in this case maybe not as long, since these cars are here, but we cannot buy them because Lotus forgot about emissions certification.

The bigger thing to protect your cars when taking delivery in my opinion is to not allow dealers to do clean up and instead take the car to a reputable detail shop. So many times I've taken delivery of a car that looked like it had been polished with a dirty rag and had to spend time and money paint correcting what should be near perfect.

Create an account or login to comment

Join now to leave a comment enjoy browsing the site ad-free!

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back