• The September 2024 Lotus Emira Photo of the Month contest is underway! Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 September 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

USA/Canada Delivery Thread

But then why would they bother taking pictures of your car if it's already "sold" to you? Are they preparing for in case you decide not to go through with it or something?
No idea. My guess is that they can use these to advertise to future customers, drive demand? Seeing high res photos with this much detail has sure made me like the car even more, this I do know.

No idea. My guess is that they can use these to advertise to future customers, drive demand? Seeing high res photos with this much detail has sure made me like the car even more, this I do know.
That's what I think. My car is up on Naples' site and there's literally painters tape on the windshield with my name and sold on it lol.

someone that has a F/E order with Gentry Lane in Toronto. F/E 1.0 and went by the dealership to ask what the status was, apparently he was told to expect mid-late march as that when the approval for CARB is expected. Might be a Canada only thing. Again, just rumours and he even admitted he doesn't know. Currently no Emira's in Canada yet either.

someone that has a F/E order with Gentry Lane in Toronto. F/E 1.0 and went by the dealership to ask what the status was, apparently he was told to expect mid-late march as that when the approval for CARB is expected. Might be a Canada only thing. Again, just rumours and he even admitted he doesn't know. Currently no Emira's in Canada yet either.
Canada is usually a month behind USA regulations for the entire process.

image-5.png

So I just got back from the Eletre test drive and was able to speak with the GM of Lotus Philly.
Regarding Emiras he said:
1- No cars for carb states have been shipped yet. They have received a vin for their demo car. But it also has not shipped. They have not received any other vin numbers.
2-The physical portion of carb testing is complete but the bureaucracy part has not. Basically waiting for paperwork to go through. When that will be is anyone's guess.

Ill pass the time with some AI images

"Make a 1998 Lotus Emira"
output.jpg

"Make a 2005 Lotus Emira"
output.jpg

So I just got back from the Eletre test drive and was able to speak with the GM of Lotus Philly.
1- No cars for carb states have been shipped yet. They have received a vin for their demo car. But it also has not shipped. They have not received any other vin numbers.
2-The physical portion of carb testing is complete but the bureaucracy part has not. Basically waiting for paperwork to go through. When that will be is anyone's guess.

Yep, I was told the same.

Currently no Emira's in Canada yet either.
Would LOVE some more elaboration on this crucial detail... Does that mean no cars for Canada have been produced yet? Or are they all currently sitting at some port somewhere? Or are they on a boat? Etc.

Ill pass the time with some AI images

"Make a 1998 Lotus Emira"
output.jpg

"Make a 2005 Lotus Emira"
Looks like the unwanted result of a Jaguar XJ220 getting drunk at a bar and having a threesome with a Ford Probe and Nissan NX

Looks like the images dissapeared for some reason :(

Is there a thread or is someone gonna start a thread to give your impressions of the Electre?

Would LOVE some more elaboration on this crucial detail... Does that mean no cars for Canada have been produced yet? Or are they all currently sitting at some port somewhere? Or are they on a boat? Etc.
All I got was that Canadian cars might be coming in end of March. As for if they are built - my guess is yes. Allocations were handed out along with American dealer allocations, so I would imagine they were scheduled for production based on that. Most if not all V1's should be produced and the majority of V2's seemed to have been made / various stages of production as well, except for perhaps these last couple months of allocations that came in from the i4/auto delays.

Canadian cars will almost surely be either stored at port in Baltimore/New Jersey or Lotus USA HQ in some holding yard. Most Canadian cars from Europe come from the port in Halifax, but it seems that Lotus USA does not have anything setup for this. Expect at least a month in-between first US deliveries and Canadian Emira's arriving at our dealers. Also mentioned that more V2 allocations will probably be coming through for a few more months. Given that over 500 cars have already arrived in US, I would expect the remaining 1K-1.5K additional Emira's arriving over the next 8 months or so. Healthy amount of Emira's will be released all at the same time it seems. Reminds me of the Mercedes SL 2022 launch.... that was a disaster as well because of CARB.

Create an account or login to comment

Join now to leave a comment enjoy browsing the site ad-free!

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back