• The September 2024 Lotus Emira Photo of the Month contest is underway! Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 September 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

USA/Canada Delivery Thread

Well even with my issues I have a friend who just put a deposit down today. So there's a decent amount of interest.

As a data point, I received the "1. V6 manual with gift" email, and I'm
- in a CARB state
- FE 1.0 V6 manual order
- no vin
- no word if shipped or even built
That's weird. I'm FE2.0 and Ton @ Gator gave me my VIN yesterday?!?

If anyone from a CARB state has a VIN they can just Google it and it will pull up shipping logs. When I Google my VIN I get the shipping info: https://www.importinfo.com/lotus-cars-usa-inc
When I google my VIN, I get nothing. When I search for it on this site, I get a shipment Lotus made in December, but my car is still being manufactured, so I don't think this provides and accurate or detailed information on the shipping of a particular car. Please let me know if there's something I did wrong or need to do differently as this would be super cool!

"There is other testing and software updates that need to be completed," Meier said. She could not give an estimate on when that would be done.”

Lotus initially expected the cars to have CARB certification by the end of this month, but now the company has backed off that date.
"Basically, what we are saying is that there are some final checks that need to be done before we can move forward, and we don't have an update at this point," Meier said.

See they’ll be delivered sometime in the soon future if soon means someday in the future.

1706128976918.gif

well, at least someone wrote an article that forced Lotus into some type of vague Lotus like response... basically Soon.

Software update was required, they probably couldn't get the car to start over at CARB to do the Emissions test :ROFLMAO:

Also, dealers know that the cars aren't going to be delivered by end of month. They are talking about having floor plans covered by Lotus.

well, at least someone wrote an article that forced Lotus into some type of vague Lotus like response... basically Soon.

Software update was required, they probably couldn't get the car to start over at CARB to do the Emissions test :ROFLMAO:

Also, dealers know that the cars aren't going to be delivered by end of month. They are talking about having floor plans covered by Lotus.
Honestly this sounds worse than I was anticipating. Saying you don’t know when it should have been done already, and in theory if it’s a software update something easy to fix. I’m not optimistic.

Honestly this sounds worse than I was anticipating. Saying you don’t know when it should have been done already, and in theory if it’s a software update something easy to fix. I’m not optimistic.
Agreed. This is clearly something wrong with the cars ability to pass.

Personally, I think it's B.S. that Lotus won't release the cars to non-CARB states. Is there really that much worry that a non-CARB Emira buyer is going to turn around and sell their Emira to a CARB-state resident within the first few days of ownership where this would actually present a potential problem?

In the worst case, the second owner would just have to wait until "soon" to register the Emira.

It doesn't make sense to hold hundreds of Emiras sitting on dealer lots just to avoid the aforementioned "potential" issue later down the road. I had been wondering why there was a hold out and if this is the actual reason, it's extremely weak.

This article smells of a dealer tipping off the press. I said it before, if these cars sit for months on end, Lotus will be dealing with a law suit for losses from the dealers. This is the first steps to pressure them.

I figure Lotus knew this ahead of time, but needed to pad the sales books before 2023 closed out. Dealer here in Canada always told me emissions was set for March... Not a good look.

Create an account or login to comment

Join now to leave a comment enjoy browsing the site ad-free!

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back