• The September 2024 Lotus Emira Photo of the Month contest is underway! Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 September 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

USA/Canada Delivery Thread

Sheesh. It's like we've got a relative at the hospital and they won't release them.
"Sorry grandma I know you're ready, but the doctor says you can't leave till you've passed their CARB test."

Sheesh. It's like we've got a relative at the hospital and they won't release them.
"Sorry grandma I know you're ready, but the doctor says you can't leave till you've passed their CARB test."
Very similar. Once you unplug it, it will slowly die and never start again.

Just got a text for pics of my license and insurance card 👀
Interesting.... this is what I was asked for prior to a test drive.
This wasn't about options for extending your expired car warranty,
was it?

19 more units arrived yesterday on the vessel Atlantic Sea. That brings the imported total to 520 units since Dec 1.

1000029913.png

Last edited:
19 more units arrived yesterday on the vessel Atlantic Sea. That brings the imported total to 520 units since Dec 1.

View attachment 36147
This is crazy, that's so many cars compared to Evora life span and even crazier, the factory can produce way more than before. Just crank'em Matt W and sell for $65k. Crank the Volume up, or you gonna get shut down by the Chinese. They didn't "invest" billions to only 1.5X units sales from Hethel.

This is crazy, that's so many cars compared to Evora life span and even crazier, the factory can produce way more than before. Just crank'em Matt W and sell for $65k. Crank the Volume up, or you gonna get shut down by the Chinese. They didn't "invest" billions to only 1.5X units sales from Hethel.

For comparison.. There were only 759 Evora GTs sent to North America total. Lotus wants the Emira to compete with the Cayman and doing everything they can to crank them out.

(Except file paperwork on time and communicate properly with customers.. but I digress.. 😂)

1000005178.jpg

My dealer just reached out to confirm my address today. Said that Lotus said they'd send a gift directly to me after the sale becomes final.

With the massive order book at $95/$105K why on earth would they drop the price to $65K and alienate/piss off the thousands of people that pre-ordered the Emira? It's selling just fine at the ~$100K price point. They'd just be eating huge losses at that crazy low number. There's no way that would ever happen.

Tesla customers were pissed with relatively small price drops ($4-5K IIRC) because it hurts resale value. Imagine if they dropped it 35%. I would never buy a Lotus again in my life and they'd probably face law suits.

With the massive order book at $95/$105K why on earth would they drop the price to $65K and alienate/piss off the thousands of people that pre-ordered the Emira? It's selling just fine at the ~$100K price point. They'd just be eating huge losses at that crazy low number. There's no way that would ever happen.

Tesla customers were pissed with relatively small price drops ($4-5K IIRC) because it hurts resale value. Imagine if they dropped it 35%. I would never buy a Lotus again in my life and they'd probably face law suits.
Is there a massive order book? Dealers are dropping prices in the markets it's already on sale in and there is plenty of inventory. And lotus has used massive $14k incentives on Evora in the past, so that's not out of the question here. And funny you mentioned getting customers upset as something that would dictate lotus business decisions.

Is there a massive order book? Dealers are dropping prices in the markets it's already on sale in and there is plenty of inventory. And lotus has used massive $14k incentives on Evora in the past, so that's not out of the question here. And funny you mentioned getting customers upset as something that would dictate lotus business decisions.
My 2 cents - they want to produce as many as they can pump out so they can start making the type 135 at Hethel as soon as 18 months from now. The type 134 should be unveiled in next 6 months and would then expect the Hethel EV a year later…

My 2 cents - they want to produce as many as they can pump out so they can start making the type 135 at Hethel as soon as 18 months from now. The type 134 should be unveiled in next 6 months and would then expect the Hethel EV a year later…
whats the type 135 or 134? Is that a new variant?

whats the type 135 or 134? Is that a new variant?
134 is the smaller EV SUV that will be made in Wuhan. 135 is the EV Emira replacement that will be made in Hethel. Before they launched the Eletre I believe it was said they’d each come out a year apart. I think Eletre was at Goodwood 2022 and Emeya ended up September 2023…my guess is type 134 at Goodwood or end of 2024 and they would do the 135 at Goodwood 2025 or 2026…

My money is on them launching the base edition at Goodwood 2024 and Final edition at Goodwood 2026 with the EV making first deliveries in 2027 which would be final year for the Emira. Unless they’re wanting to speed things up with Porsche switching to electric.

Last edited:
That's in the UK, which has a shit economy at the moment, high cost of borrowing, and low public appetite for luxury purchases at the moment.

In NO WAY should the current UK used car market be used as an indicator of general global interest or per-unit resale value for the Lotus Emira.

My dealer just reached out to confirm my address today. Said that Lotus said they'd send a gift directly to me after the sale becomes final.
Wait...... the 'thank you for your patience' gift is not a peace offering to soothe you while you wait on CARB?
And once your car finally arrives the gift is somehow the proverbial cherry on top.....?
Can we identify which will be 'worth the wait?'

View attachment 36147
I was thinking about the number of cars the other day. It's crazy that 520+ Emiras across the US will for the most part go unnoticed by the public. Sightings will be so rare it may as well be an Enzo Ferrari (well maybe not that rare!). And VL3X posted the numbers for the Evora which is crazy low too. I have seen about a 1/2 dozen Evoras in my life. I would love to see how many US forum members we have with deposits. Heck, we may have almost a 1/3 or 1/2 of the US cars on this forum. Crazy!

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

Join now to leave a comment enjoy browsing the site ad-free!

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back