• The September 2024 Lotus Emira Photo of the Month contest is underway! Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 September 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

USA/Canada Delivery Thread

Personally, I think any gift should have been sent back in late 2022 when Lotus missed their first delivery deadline. I guess they didn’t want to “waste” the goodwill if they never delivered a car to the US. Seems a bit late now…oh…but it’s Lotus.

(On second thought, maybe they did plan the gift for early 2023 but finally got around to it a year later.)

Last edited:
My dealer asked me Friday afternoon to confirm my home mailing address after I spoke to him earlier that day. He said its apparently something that's not available to buy anywhere else. Typical that the dealers dont even know what the 'gift' is going to be or that it was coming.
Something light and easy to mail probably.
Probably a certificate to prove to your family & friends that you haven't made up this entire car buying process in your head. Plan on some errors to your name / model / other personal information in the message.

I'm in the DFW/TX area placed an order for a V6 Manual, early Jan24 and have an estimated delivery date of Nov/Dec.

Just got a text for pics of my license and insurance card 👀
aVOSkIC.gif

🤞

I got an international text (probably Geely corporate phone) letting me know that they were my new salesman, and that they could process my delivery via text today. They just needed my license, bank login, name of my third grade teacher, and the passcode that just popped up on my phone.

They took way more out of my account than the cost of the Emira but I'm sure that was an accident and they will clear it up right as soon as they start responding to my texts again.

(This was all in jest, please don't fall for a bank scam just because I made a poor joke, they would never do business this way.... .... .... ok I'm fairly certain they wouldn't do business this way.... I mean maybe... no.)

How would you have an insurance card on a car that hasn’t been delivered yet? And who would want that? Maybe a financial institution? Financing and purchasing comes before insuring. Am I missing something?
Current insurance card, I'll be updating my policy with the Emira before I take delivery. I'm already quoted on my VIN

It honestly feels like it happens at mid-moth or month end. Trying to see if it will happen prior to that (in-between) feels just like hope.

Create an account or login to comment

Join now to leave a comment enjoy browsing the site ad-free!

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back