• The September 2024 Lotus Emira Photo of the Month contest is underway! Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 September 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

USA/Canada Delivery Thread

At this point I hope Lotus doesn’t go out of business before my emira arrives.

CARB regulation is probably very challenging in states like CA where they are trying to kill ICE cars. I’m going to laugh when 40 years from now they discover that spending hours a day riding on top of a battery is not good for your health.

CARB regulation is probably very challenging in states like CA where they are trying to kill ICE cars. I’m going to laugh when 40 years from now they discover that spending hours a day riding on top of a battery is not good for your health.
Neither is spending forty hours a week sitting at a desk. But here we are.

Agreed. This is clearly something wrong with the cars ability to pass.
The reasoning doesn’t make any sense. There is zero chance that CARB will allow an ECU update without starting over testing, they’re not going to risk VW 2.0. So it can’t be CARB final checks. If it’s Lotus’ final checks what are they checking did they forget to tighten a bolt on the CAT? I mean that actually wouldn’t surprise me but still. Fundamentally we don’t care. My wife will get the car whenever we get it but it sure sounds like we’re debating the definition of soon the same was as debating the definition of inhaled.

"There is other testing and software updates that need to be completed,"

Anyone else heading over to the Porsche Cayman GTS 4.0 configurator as an alternative? 🤔
This is nuts!

They’re even more challenging when you were supposed to release the car under lower standards but you took too long to build it along with not having a fleet average because you can’t get the i4 model built. If you told me they will pass when the i4 was finally delivered I wouldn’t be surprised at all.

Us: It can't get any worse.

LOTUS: Hold my beer.

This rollout has been a disaster. It's unreal. The cars are literally sitting at dealers and buyers are allowed to visit, but no one can have them. Lotus really dropped the ball.. over and over again. I'm sure there will be plenty of new buyers who see these cars for the first time and put deposits down, but there are also a ton of people who will never order a brand new Lotus again after this experience.

It was almost worse with the Evora rollout.. There weren't as many delays, but they did happen and comms were basically non existent. And then Lotus released a more powerful supercharged Evora just 1 year later FOR LESS MONEY! Can you imagine a hotter Emira gets revealed for less money months after you take delivery of your FE that you've waited 2.5 years for? I don't know why I was surprised when "First Edition 2.0" was announced (diluting FE 1.0 values) with additional colors AND they FE 1.0 buyers weren't allowed to have them (even though no US cars were even built yet). And now here we are with both 1.0 and 2.0 cars sitting at US dealers and no one can have them because Lotus can't play by the rules and fill out forms properly. :mad:

When I finally got tired of their BS and started looking for other options back in Jan 2023, they were still saying cars would be delivered last spring. I knew that wouldn't happen based on the delays that were happening with UK buyers. Yet they remained silent and didn't directly communicate with US customers. It was radio silence from MW's little delay video in June 2022 to some rumblings on this forum about top secret dealer meetings last Feb/March. Still.. no official comms went out. That was the final straw for me. I would have still been expecting my car to arrive in April if I didn't have this forum's intel.

Unreal.

Figures, Brits like warm beer and that’s all the food warmer…..ur trunk is good for
It can’t be any worse than the torque tube tunnel on my c7 holy hell I drove that through one of the mountain passes out here and thought my right leg was going to catch on fire. Once I’m done installing the new clutch I’m getting more insulation in there. I don’t need to cook a hamburger while driving.

Well they already can't charge 'em/drive 'em very far when it gets a little cold. :ROFLMAO:

This rollout has been a disaster. It's unreal. The cars are literally sitting at dealers and buyers are allowed to visit, but no one can have them. Lotus really dropped the ball.. over and over again. I'm sure there will be plenty of new buyers who see these cars for the first time and put deposits down, but there are also a ton of people who will never order a brand new Lotus again after this experience.

It was almost worse with the Evora rollout.. There weren't as many delays, but they did happen and comms were basically non existent. And then Lotus released a more powerful supercharged Evora just 1 year later FOR LESS MONEY! Can you imagine a hotter Emira gets revealed for less money months after you take delivery of your FE that you've waited 2.5 years for? I don't know why I was surprised when "First Edition 2.0" was announced (diluting FE 1.0 values) with additional colors AND they FE 1.0 buyers weren't allowed to have them (even though no US cars were even built yet). And now here we are with both 1.0 and 2.0 cars sitting at US dealers and no one can have them because Lotus can't play by the rules and fill out forms properly. :mad:

When I finally got tired of their BS and started looking for other options back in Jan 2023, they were still saying cars would be delivered last spring. I knew that wouldn't happen based on the delays that were happening with UK buyers. Yet they remained silent and didn't directly communicate with US customers. It was radio silence from MW's little delay video in June 2022 to some rumblings on this forum about top secret dealer meetings last Feb/March. Still.. no official comms went out. That was the final straw for me. I would have still been expecting my car to arrive in April if I didn't have this forum's intel.

Unreal.
as long as I get my car by June 2025. Otherwise I might have to wait longer.

Unreal.
My wife had an exige with her ex-BF so she’s a bit of a Lotus fangirl. A lot… borderline obsessed… maybe a mental issue, anyways. At this point I’m almost going you sure you don’t want an F430 and I’ll just do the manual conversion. I can probably get that done faster than carb getting approved.

The spokesperson from “CARB” says, “This process can take up to 90 days”.
So Lotus has had 3 years!!!!! WTF is going on? Did they have to start all over again????? They should release the non-CARB state cars!

lol no Boeing is actually better, they can get their shit approved with software to fix their design issues they just fall apart later… Lotus can’t even make up random software to fix this.
Boeing has teams of lobbyists in every state, even where they have no business. If Lotus did we'd have Carb approval for the Emira before they had even built the Evora. 🤣 Heck, they'd have it before CARB came into being. Just need a little hand-wavium and a fist full of cash.

Last edited:

I would actually prefer they go out of business before rather than just after the car arrives. But it could go either way at this point. The one thing I know for sure is this is the last time I will ever deal with this company, and all my friends will know why.

Boeing has teams of lobbyists in every state, even where they have no business. If Lotus did we'd have Carb approval for the Emira before they had even built the Evora. 🤣
At the rate we’re going I’ll have the vr4 finished before we get this car and it won’t turn on and isn’t painted lol.

I’ll need to move my license plate for the Vette over to the Emira for my wife. I got pigsflw it makes way more sense to have it on there when it gets delivered.

Create an account or login to comment

Join now to leave a comment enjoy browsing the site ad-free!

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Aerie Performance Lotus Emira Carbon Fiber Parts GregsRaceParts.com BanC Tech JUBU Performance

Latest posts

Back