• The September 2024 Lotus Emira Photo of the Month contest is underway! Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 September 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

USA/Canada Delivery Thread

This rollout has been a disaster. It's unreal. The cars are literally sitting at dealers and buyers are allowed to visit, but no one can have them. Lotus really dropped the ball.. over and over again. I'm sure there will be plenty of new buyers who see these cars for the first time and put deposits down, but there are also a ton of people who will never order a brand new Lotus again after this experience.

It was almost worse with the Evora rollout.. There weren't as many delays, but they did happen and comms were basically non existent. And then Lotus released a more powerful supercharged Evora just 1 year later FOR LESS MONEY! Can you imagine a hotter Emira gets revealed for less money months after you take delivery of your FE that you've waited 2.5 years for? I don't know why I was surprised when "First Edition 2.0" was announced (diluting FE 1.0 values) with additional colors AND they FE 1.0 buyers weren't allowed to have them (even though no US cars were even built yet). And now here we are with both 1.0 and 2.0 cars sitting at US dealers and no one can have them because Lotus can't play by the rules and fill out forms properly. :mad:

When I finally got tired of their BS and started looking for other options back in Jan 2023, they were still saying cars would be delivered last spring. I knew that wouldn't happen based on the delays that were happening with UK buyers. Yet they remained silent and didn't directly communicate with US customers. It was radio silence from MW's little delay video in June 2022 to some rumblings on this forum about top secret dealer meetings last Feb/March. Still.. no official comms went out. That was the final straw for me. I would have still been expecting my car to arrive in April if I didn't have this forum's intel.

Unreal.
@K_Squared here is another person who remembers the Evora roll out and Lotus lowering the MSRP lol. It's gonna happen "soon".

One dealer has 100 units just sitting already?! Surely many of those orders are just abandoned at this point and the rest will try to flip on c&b/bat and will fail.

@K_Squared here is another person who remembers the Evora roll out and Lotus lowering the MSRP lol. It's gonna happen "soon".

One dealer has 100 units just sitting already?! Surely many of those orders are just abandoned at this point and the rest will try to flip on c&b/bat and will fail.
Evora to Evora S was a complete disaster as well.... Is it possible to them do it with the i4? Maybe.... But the V6, they couldn't get emissions passed on the Evora 430 in the US, so made the GT with 416 BHP. I doubt we will see a cheaper V6 version. Perhaps a final manual edition with high HP and carbon bits. But I don't think it will be less than an F/E. Base will be less as a starting price obviously, let's see how they option it out.

This whole Emira launch is shameful.

Greetings all,

I’m new to the forum and have a newer deposit (July 23), but have been following this thread for a while.

Like some other members of the forum, I’m hopeful that Lotus can in fact sort out the CARB nonsense quickly. However, some of the wording from the Auto News article is concerning, specifically from the Lotus spokesperson Vanessa Meier, “There is other testing and software updates that need to be completed".

I’m not an engineer, but in my interpretation, this means that all cars now in the US will need an ECU reflash with an updated tune in order to pass the CARB emissions certification process. Should that be the case, I see the following possible scenarios, listed from best to worse:

1. Just a few tweaks to the tuning and they are all set.
2. A slight reduction in the overall power output from the original tune.
3. Reduced driveability, such as reduced throttle response, and/or an introduction of rev hang.
4. Both reduced power output and reduced drivability.

For me, options 3 and 4 are extremely disappointing, as this constitutes a significant downgrade in the driving experience in my eyes. I am hopeful I’m completely off base here or that Lotus only has take option 1.

IMG_4408.jpeg

I’ve been lurking on this forum off and on for awhile.
The most complete Emira U.S. updates on the planet.
Time to give my thoughts on the 911 versus Emira. The C8 and 911 keep coming up. The C8’s as well as all Ferrari’s, Lamborghini’s and McLaren’s only come as automatics. They are fast on a track. Most only drive by a track. Most of the time, put them in D and put driver involvement on the shelf. They look nice.
A couple of weeks back, I drove my manual GT3 to finally take a lengthy test drive the Emira. Time to back to back test.
The verdict: The Emira is a better road car than any present Porsche product.
More engaging across the board. It soaks up bumps great, corners amazing, shifts just short of a GT3, brakes like a race car and makes you feel really good looking at it.
I worked pretty hard and made enough luck to own a nice variety of sports cars. Again, the Emira stands tall and I can’t imagine getting bored with it.
I personally am really looking forward taking possession of the Emira whenever that might be.
This is my opinion only.

View attachment 36251
I’ve been lurking on this forum off and on for awhile.
The most complete Emira U.S. updates on the planet.
Time to give my thoughts on the 911 versus Emira. The C8 and 911 keep coming up. The C8’s as well as all Ferrari’s, Lamborghini’s and McLaren’s only come as automatics. They are fast on a track. Most only drive by a track. Most of the time, put them in D and put driver involvement on the shelf. They look nice.
A couple of weeks back, I drove my manual GT3 to finally take a lengthy test drive the Emira. Time to back to back test.
The verdict: The Emira is a better road car than any present Porsche product.
More engaging across the board. It soaks up bumps great, corners amazing, shifts just short of a GT3, brakes like a race car and makes you feel really good looking at it.
I worked pretty hard and made enough luck to own a nice variety of sports cars. Again, the Emira stands tall and I can’t imagine getting bored with it.
I personally am really looking forward taking possession of the Emira whenever that might be.
This is my opinion only.
I've spent a day driving my buddy's C8 HTC. It's disconnected. It's powerful as hell, the seats are comfortable and the stereo is great. But you're just telling it what to do, not feeling it.

And the styling is rough.

Really think they would detune the car to pass CARB? That’s gross. I would probably drop out at that point knowing the real product exists in the UK. Under 400 HP just mentally doesn’t feel right for a $100k product.

As far as the emira surpassing Porsche as a road car. Pretty bold statement but I can believe it. Porsches are pretty insulated and highly capable = different experience on the road.

Last edited:
Really think they would define the car to pass CARB? That’s gross. I would probably drop out at that point knowing the real product exists in the UK. Under 400 HP just mentally doesn’t feel right for a $100k product.

As far as the emira surpassing Porsche as a road car. Pretty bold statement but I can believe it. Porsches are pretty insulated and highly capable = different experience on the road.
Detune?

They better not.

Greetings all,

I’m new to the forum and have a newer deposit (July 23), but have been following this thread for a while.

Like some other members of the forum, I’m hopeful that Lotus can in fact sort out the CARB nonsense quickly. However, some of the wording from the Auto News article is concerning, specifically from the Lotus spokesperson Vanessa Meier, “There is other testing and software updates that need to be completed".

I’m not an engineer, but in my interpretation, this means that all cars now in the US will need an ECU reflash with an updated tune in order to pass the CARB emissions certification process. Should that be the case, I see the following possible scenarios, listed from best to worse:

1. Just a few tweaks to the tuning and they are all set.
2. A slight reduction in the overall power output from the original tune.
3. Reduced driveability, such as reduced throttle response, and/or an introduction of rev hang.
4. Both reduced power output and reduced drivability.

For me, options 3 and 4 are extremely disappointing, as this constitutes a significant downgrade in the driving experience in my eyes. I am hopeful I’m completely off base here or that Lotus only has take option 1.
They can't introduce rev hang, it's a function of the fly wheel mass, it's not emissions.

Here is what is happening, Lotus submitted the paperwork late, and tried to claim credit for more efficient headlights and junk, just like the paper we saw for Evora.
At the same time Lotus is giving CARB the, "but wait there's more" aka, EV SUV will be here ASAP and sell even more than Emira so our yearly fleet avg will be really low, no trust us, soon, we wont have to purchase credits from Tesla this year, sorry we submitted paperwork totally wrong and then had to withdraw the automatic version paperwork, no really, we are a small company with $2B cash infusion 4 years ago but can't remember how to do paperwork we did in the past.

Then all the requests to CARB from order holders and now Autonews media is letting Carb power trip and hold it up for another week or so, that will teach this foreign car maker to dare import vehicles to other states without our permission for this state.

I believe this is the first major outbreak of Chicken Little-itis we've seen this year. I was hoping we'd be able to get through at least one month without an episode, but alas... 'twas not meant to be.

I would like to thank all the actors, non-actors, and the usual suspects for their participation in this performance. It's shows like this that prove the reports of the death of comedy are greatly exaggerated.

As for yours truly... I've wanted this car from the moment I saw it on July 11, 2021. In fact I immediately picked up the phone, called Park Place Lotus and put down a deposit. I've wanted it every day since; I have not wavered in my desire, not even once. I shall have it. It will be in my garage, and I will relish it greatly.

Once that happens, I expect the traveling Chicken Little Extravaganza & Medicine Show will sadly be moving on to another marque. However, if we're lucky, maybe they'll hang around for the debut of the first electric Lotus sports car! Just think of the performance opportunities! A splendid gripe is guaranteed for all. YMMV

When was that article originally written? It only states it was updated today. Makes me think it might be based old info?

Was wishing my 2.0 would roll up. Now I'm hoping it isn't being built until ink is dry on CARB. I hate the idea of this car gathering cobwebs and bird droppings for another (not at all unrealistic) 60-90 days. There's is a bible phrase that says hope long delayed makes the heart grow sick. But I'm sure the 'gift' will fix customer- sat.

I "feel" for all of you waiting for an Emira. Yet I'm happy I bailed out when I obtained an allocation for a Porsche 911 Carrera S Coupe (actually took me less than 3 days). Yes, it's more expensive then an Emira, yet I can get many options (like a glass Sunroof...) that are not available on the Emira and I rather spend more and get what I want now, than wait on something that does not have all the features I would like.

The Emira Looks "Sweet", yet after a while, it's the ownership Issues, Reliability, Functionality, Features that will determine my feeling on if I made a good purchase for myself? In my heart, I know the Porsche is the better purchase for me. Your Mileage May Vary.... Best of Luck to all, and I hope CARB approval come before... "soon"

View attachment 36220
Me too. I ordered a Carrera T in September and it arrived earlier this month.

Porsche knows how to treat it's customers. The day after I ordered my car a 911 hype video with my name rendered into the dashboard popped into my inbox to raise excitement.

From there, you "Track Your Dream" online where Porsche shares with you the stage your build/delivery is in. 11 stages in all. They send you monthly emails and pictures of your car on the line as it's being built.

I feel mostly for the dealers at this point. They are the ones currently screwed the most IMO.

For the die hards on here, I get it. The heart wants what the heart wants.

For me, my head won out on this one.

If anyone from a CARB state has a VIN they can just Google it and it will pull up shipping logs. When I Google my VIN I get the shipping info: https://www.importinfo.com/lotus-cars-usa-inc
CARB state, with VIN, but doesn’t come up for me. I’m the #1 depositor at my dealer (a couple of months pre-reveal), so would assume I’m in the first batch of deliveries.

I believe this is the first major outbreak of Chicken Little-itis we've seen this year. I was hoping we'd be able to get through at least one month without an episode, but alas... 'twas not meant to be.

I would like to thank all the actors, non-actors, and the usual suspects for their participation in this performance. It's shows like this that prove the reports of the death of comedy are greatly exaggerated.

As for yours truly... I've wanted this car from the moment I saw it on July 11, 2021. In fact I immediately picked up the phone, called Park Place Lotus and put down a deposit. I've wanted it every day since; I have not wavered in my desire, not even once. I shall have it. It will be in my garage, and I will relish it greatly.

Once that happens, I expect the traveling Chicken Little Extravaganza & Medicine Show will sadly be moving on to another marque. However, if we're lucky, maybe they'll hang around for the debut of the first electric Lotus sports car! Just think of the performance opportunities! A splendid gripe is guaranteed for all. YMMV
Come on man it's okay for people to be frustrated and disappointed as to Lotus' execution. I'm not fretting over it and believe deliveries will begin shortly, but I get all the frustration around here.

Come on man it's okay for people to be frustrated and disappointed as to Lotus' execution. I'm not fretting over it and believe deliveries will begin shortly, but I get all the frustration around here.
Yes, and it's okay to spoof/lampoon it to add a little levity around here. It's a car. I want it too, but... it's a car... it's just a car.

Create an account or login to comment

Join now to leave a comment enjoy browsing the site ad-free!

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Aerie Performance Lotus Emira Carbon Fiber Parts GregsRaceParts.com BanC Tech JUBU Performance

Latest posts

Back