• The September 2024 Lotus Emira Photo of the Month contest is underway! Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 September 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

USA/Canada Delivery Thread

That would be... bizarre. :unsure:
Indeed. But I am reading that the dealers received some sort of general emissions statement sticker. Who knows anymore. The dealers often dont know what they are talking about.

He said he's read this thread and that the car isn't on the list for CARB-approved cars.
Well I mean, we knew that... :ROFLMAO:

Good article overall. I'm glad that SOMEBODY is asking Lotus questions in a way that compels some sort of response from them. Their silence toward their customers has long since passed the threshold of disrespect.

Screenshot_20240125-105315.png

My edit: "Owners" above should be in quotes until they're in hand.

Indeed. But I am reading that the dealers received some sort of general emissions statement sticker. Who knows anymore. The dealers often dont know what they are talking about.
So after researching a whole bunch on this since I posted. The codes on the right are the EPA codes, ones is test group, the evap group is specific to lotus. They have the approval from EPA that was effective 10/27/23. The code for CARB is just the carb standards that the car is tied to for this model year. What they are mission is the EO# which doesn’t actually look like is put on the car. Which means the sticker on any of these cars is really wrong until there is an actual EO# which is exactly why lotus was concerned about releasing them, since the sticker is technically not true yet.

So basically we are this point:

Lotus said they thought CARB approval would be first few weeks of the year. CARB is not approved officially yet. So it really comes down to your definition of "first few weeks of the year" if we think something has changed or not. To me at the moment it seems like we just misinterpreted a sticker and we jumped the gun, and Lotus story while on the long side still doesn't seem incorrect.

View attachment 36270

My edit: "Owners" above should be in quotes until they're in hand.
The only problem with checking on the CARB site every day for the Emira’s approval is that CARB only posts updates periodically, maybe once a month, maybe less. Hopefully dealers don’t have to wait until the E.O. actually gets posted on this site!

The only problem with checking on the CARB site every day for the Emira’s approval is that CARB only posts updates periodically, maybe once a month, maybe less. Hopefully dealers don’t have to wait until the E.O. actually gets posted on this site!
Except they’ll find out from there before lotus 🤣

It may not be a "site" issue though. It could just be that CARB only has one official approval date monthly and the posting is actually timely to when those approvals are made.

So basically we are this point:

Lotus said they thought CARB approval would be first few weeks of the year. CARB is not approved officially yet. So it really comes down to your definition of "first few weeks of the year" if we think something has changed or not. To me at the moment it seems like we just misinterpreted a sticker and we jumped the gun, and Lotus story while on the long side still doesn't seem incorrect.
Unless the US PR rep is blowing smoke up everyone’s ass it definitely does not seem like it’s getting done in Jan, but the vagueness is annoying.

Also I’m going with Lotus didn’t ship these to just ship them. It looks like the October EPA submission was a resubmission, so they did do something wrong or didn’t include information earlier in 2023. The cars only shipped after EPA was approved. Given that they know the CARB standards, they assumed it would pass so they started shipping the cars post EPA approval. I am really curious what failed.

Unless the US PR rep is blowing smoke up everyone’s ass it definitely does not seem like it’s getting done in Jan, but the vagueness is annoying.

Also I’m going with Lotus didn’t ship these to just ship them. It looks like the October EPA submission was a resubmission, so they did do something wrong or didn’t include information earlier in 2023. The cars only shipped after EPA was approved. Given that they know the CARB standards, they assumed it would pass so they started shipping the cars post EPA approval. I am really curious what failed.
What I'm saying is the only Lotus communication I've received said "first couple weeks of the year" not January. I think the January comment came from some communication to dealers, and to be fair that could have a bit of the game of telephone in it causing us to all think it was definitely January.

What I'm saying is the only Lotus communication I've received said "first couple weeks of the year" not January. I think the January comment came from some communication to dealers, and to be fair that could have a bit of the game of telephone in it causing us to all think it was definitely January.
I’m talking about what the PR rep said in the interview a couple days ago in the news article. She said it won’t be Jan and there isn’t a timeline.

Is it just me or has been pretty clear nothing would happen till AFTER Jan 28th yes it’s a Sunday, but that’s been the only constant variable as far as I’m aware for a while now. Why is everyone thinking it would be before this??? Was there other info giving from lotus to assume this?? We all want the car, but let’s at least give it to 29 of the month to raise our blood pressure.

For anyone curious about the timing:

Hello [name redacted],

Updates to the website with new executive orders are typically done monthly but it may be updated more frequently.

Best Regards,
On-Road Light Duty

Create an account or login to comment

Join now to leave a comment enjoy browsing the site ad-free!

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back