• The September 2024 Lotus Emira Photo of the Month contest is underway! Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 September 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

USA/Canada Delivery Thread

I believe this is the first major outbreak of Chicken Little-itis we've seen this year. I was hoping we'd be able to get through at least one month without an episode, but alas... 'twas not meant to be.

I would like to thank all the actors, non-actors, and the usual suspects for their participation in this performance. It's shows like this that prove the reports of the death of comedy are greatly exaggerated.

As for yours truly... I've wanted this car from the moment I saw it on July 11, 2021. In fact I immediately picked up the phone, called Park Place Lotus and put down a deposit. I've wanted it every day since; I have not wavered in my desire, not even once. I shall have it. It will be in my garage, and I will relish it greatly.

Once that happens, I expect the traveling Chicken Little Extravaganza & Medicine Show will sadly be moving on to another marque. However, if we're lucky, maybe they'll hang around for the debut of the first electric Lotus sports car! Just think of the performance opportunities! A splendid gripe is guaranteed for all. YMMV
You mean how they’ve been super on top of delivery and getting them approved in the US? This is silly no one thinks this actually won’t get delivered. It is not chicken little when this has been said it would be delivered for 3 years. I don’t care when it gets delivered, my wife wants it so we‘ll get it, but it’s silly to act like this isn’t another realistic delay.

They can't introduce rev hang, it's a function of the fly wheel mass, it's not emissions.
I'm not saying Lotus would, but I'm pretty sure it's possible. It was already discussed earlier on this forum how having the ECU retain some partial-open throttle on high RPM liftoff helps to reduce emissions (avoiding a sudden uber-rich mixture).

I would agree that the minimum-possible rev hang is a function of rotating mass. But computers can add to this.

My wife's V8 Vantage (4.7L, the real motor ;)) has something that AM called Positive Torque Control. When a steering angle is greater than x and the engine is producing above a certain amount of torque, you can lift completely off the loud pedal and the ECU will only close the throttle butterfly to the point where positive torque is zeroed-out, but it will not induce a sudden negative torque that results from a full-closed throttle plate (queue all of the youtube Viper spin-out videos). If you did this in a straight line all of the time, it might manifest as increased rev hang, methinks.

The way I see it:
  • Silence from Lotus = delays
  • Comms from Lotus (AND they're sending a gift?) = major delays
Unfortunately, you may be correct. Probably wouldn't be as hard for me personally if my car wasn't here and I hadn't visited it.

Attachments

• IMG_4230.jpg
    IMG_4230.jpg
    264.6 KB · Views: 43
Anyone know how they are getting around the MPG Piece? https://www.transportation.gov/brie...e-fuel-economy-standards-model-year-2024-2026

That said I find it really odd they are having an issue with CARB on an engine that exists already. That is baffling to me.
Doesn't matter that it previously existed. The engine in a new car has to pass the new regulations of today, not the regulations a prior car passed. So the engine being the same is irrelevant. The test got harder.

Oh really:
img_0746-jpeg.36151
Here is where i read this.
Post in thread 'USA CARB stickers available now so Emiras should get delivered soon'
https://www.emiraforum.com/threads/...as-should-get-delivered-soon.4019/post-116601

That said there is a reason they werent supposed to be applied until actual approval. My assumption is none of that information on the sticker changes. So it could be approved Tomorrow or in a year and it’s still the same sticker looking at those details.

This is exactly why Lotus can’t list these for sale in non-carb states. The approval sticker says it’s CARB approved. For normal people they’d have no Idea that this wasn’t true.

So guys,……..is this a CARB certification sticker? Or a correction to some window sticker information, as some have suggested?
I think what people are saying is that these are not the stickers that the dealers received from Lotus.

Create an account or login to comment

Join now to leave a comment enjoy browsing the site ad-free!

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back