• The September 2024 Lotus Emira Photo of the Month contest is underway! Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 September 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

USA/Canada Delivery Thread

You have no idea what you are talking about. I have had my Taycan 4S since 2020. 43,000 flawless miles. No battery degradation at all. I have had 2 Tesla model S before that again , no issues except crap build quality. Live with am EV on a daily, you will never go back to ICE.

Have to say I agree. I've done 70,000 miles, two cross country road trips, and over a dozen track days in my EV daily and it's been fantastic. For daily use, EV's are miles better than ICE in terms of cost, power, speed, maintenance, smoothness, etc. The Emira and other analog enthusiast cars have moved to strictly driving enjoyment vehicles for me that I use on the evenings, weekends, or "Point A to Point A" drives. Best of both worlds if you can swing it! Almost everyone I know who spouts about the few remaining drawbacks of EV's have never lived with one. Those opinions have noticeably been skewing more positive with time fortunately.

Back on topic, what's the over-under on US Emira deliveries starting this month? I'm optimistically guessing they'll start on Feb 29th ;)
Hopefully Monday 2/12

Come on Carb!! Come on Lets go! Still have never seen an Emira in person, and my car is allegedly on its way to the dealer.......my guess is carb will pass and my car wont be there.

It frankly doesn’t matter what you think of EVs. Governments aren’t going to allow ICE cars for much longer. Maybe there’s an ICE model or two in each brands portfolio, but won’t be much more than that for long. As @Zardoz has said, people that daily EVs certainly don’t seem to be clamoring to go back to an ICE powered car. You can count me in that group too, but the less practical side of me wants an Emira.

It frankly doesn’t matter what you think of EVs. Governments aren’t going to allow ICE cars for much longer. Maybe there’s an ICE model or two in each brands portfolio, but won’t be much more than that for long. As @Zardoz has said, people that daily EVs certainly don’t seem to be clamoring to go back to an ICE powered car. You can count me in that group too, but the less practical side of me wants an Emira.
Our Tesla Model S is our daily. The Emira is a toy because I'm a 40 year old child.

I dont know what the big fuss about the cars is, especially when Jets are flying around the clock.

Went out for a walk and saw a neighbor getting a new silver Portofino delivered.

Le sigh…
You have way cooler neighbors than me, and live in a much nicer neighborhood.

You have way cooler neighbors than me, and live in a much nicer neighborhood.
Lots of doctors business owners and middle eastern prince/princesses. One of my neighbors keeps his Aventador out doors because he only has 4 garage spaces. But the real flossing happens across the river in Potomac Maryland where they don't have to pay a yearly property tax on their cars. All the Veyrons I have seen are over there.

Posted an another tread but wanted to share:

Email from Boardwalk:

14 left to order for this last months production. And then the first editions are done.

This is for a JUNE 2024 BUILD MONTH and a Late 2024/early2025 delivery.

I was content to wait until 2025/2026 but now I feel pressure to commit to a build. It’s like finding out your wife is pregnant while your still discussing when to start a family.

I don’t care about the FE status or the badges but I do like all the options and modes. Or do wait for a base and hope for a cheaper price?

Posted an another tread but wanted to share:

Email from Boardwalk:

14 left to order for this last months production. And then the first editions are done.

This is for a JUNE 2024 BUILD MONTH and a Late 2024/early2025 delivery.

I was content to wait until 2025/2026 but now I feel pressure to commit to a build. It’s like finding out your wife is pregnant while your still discussing when to start a family.

I don’t care about the FE status or the badges but I do like all the options and modes. Or do wait for a base and hope for a cheaper price?
The interpretation of the Boardwalk statement is NA FE orders are done as of end of this month. Hethel will remain busy pushing out V6 Auto trans thereafter.
If FE i4 happens 1Q 2025, then the question is whether Base V6 version begins 2nd half of 2024? Or concurrent with i4?

The interpretation of the Boardwalk statement is NA FE orders are done as of end of this month. Hethel will remain busy pushing out V6 Auto trans thereafter.
If FE i4 happens 1Q 2025, then the question is whether Base V6 version begins 2nd half of 2024? Or concurrent with i4?
I’m curious as to when Hethel intends to begin production of the NA FE Auto V6’s if they haven’t already done so. i believe the original correspondence stated that approval was expected sometime in mid-late summer of ‘24 with deliveries starting shortly thereafter. I’m assuming that if production doesn’t begin in earnest by the end of this first quarter that goal will likely be missed.

I’m curious as to when Hethel intends to begin production of the NA FE Auto V6’s if they haven’t already done so. i believe the original correspondence stated that approval was expected sometime in mid-late summer of ‘24 with deliveries starting shortly thereafter. I’m assuming that if production doesn’t begin in earnest by the end of this first quarter that goal will likely be missed.
Lotus has missed every other goal, so why not this one?

Other markets are having no issues with the AT transmissions, so it must be something with CARB or some US regulations.

I dont know what the big fuss about the cars is, especially when Jets are flying around the clock.
Since you don't know, I'll tell you. Aircraft are responsible for about 2% of the global CO2 production. Cars, around 10%. Now you know.

There would be no reason why they couldn't build both auto and manual at the same time. Other manufacturers do it without any problems. Actually they would build any variant they wanted, since they are flex lines. I don't understand why people think Lotus is only capable of doing one thing at a time. They just built a modern manufacturing facility. It should be capable of almost anything.

Since you don't know, I'll tell you. Aircraft are responsible for about 2% of the global CO2 production. Cars, around 10%. Now you know.
With EVs I see the Aircraft emission numbers skyrocketing to 20% as people won't drive an electric long distances like they would an ICE for long trips..say cross country etc.

Thank you for that informative information.