• The September 2024 Lotus Emira Photo of the Month contest is underway! Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 September 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

USA/Canada Delivery Thread

How is the i4 F/E 129K....that is the price of the V6 F/E

I was under the impression it was 10-15K less for i4? Have you made the second deposit on the i4 and submitted a build?
V6 with the same options was only about $3k more.
I’ve made the second deposit and submitted a build, but was given the option to cancel because I was rushed into confirming my allocation for a Q1 2024 build then told a couple of months later that the car won’t arrive until 2025.

V6 with the same options was only about $3k more.
I’ve made the second deposit and submitted a build, but was given the option to cancel because I was rushed into confirming my allocation for a Q1 2024 build then told a couple of months later that the car won’t arrive until 2025.
I would probably go for the cayman > i4 Emira. Just my opinion of course. 3K difference between i4 and V6, didn't realize they were so close in price in Canada.

I would probably go for the cayman > i4 Emira. Just my opinion of course. 3K difference between i4 and V6, didn't realize they were so close in price in Canada.
Yeah, pricing was much closer than I expected. Their justification was that the V6 auto was yet additional ~$2-3k on top to compare to the DCT i4.

Yeah, pricing was much closer than I expected. Their justification was that the V6 auto was yet additional ~$2-3k on top to compare to the DCT i4.
I you compare it to USD the i4 is 99K and V6 is 105K. You would think the CAN delta would be bigger not smaller than the 5K since it is USD. Strange.

Of Course when you go onto the Lotus configurator the CAD pricing has been removed for both variants, again.

I you compare it to USD the i4 is 99K and V6 is 105K. You would think the CAN delta would be bigger not smaller than the 5K since it is USD. Strange.

Of Course when you go onto the Lotus configurator the CAD pricing has been removed for both variants, again.
Yup, I was expecting that differential as well. I have to wonder why pricing has been removed from the configurator yet again.

Monday is Feb 12th, only 3 days until then. What do you guys think its going to happen? will it be the day we will finally get good news? Or should we post something on their social media pages? lol

Random question, speaking of Canaidialand. Does anyone remember James from Throttle House's username (Youtuber) on here? I wonder if he's been popping on here checking the rumor mill about his Canadian order...
His account was @JamesTH. Says he hasn't logged in here in almost 2 years...

Since this is the USA/Canada delivery thread, anyone know anything about cars coming into Canada? Maybe I've missed it, but haven't seen anything on that.
Same old story: dealer either knows nothing, or is saying nothing.

Did you get an F/E allocation yet? or Still waiting for base? I know there will be a few that go up for sale as soon as they are delivered here in Canada.
I placed my initial $5k deposit Oct 3 2022 with gentry toronto.

Since then zero on comms.

I wish I had an order at least in. I don't even feel like a customer.

Lotus is going to surprise us all and come out with some dumbass number. Im guessing base is around 90k.

Since this is the USA/Canada delivery thread, anyone know anything about cars coming into Canada? Maybe I've missed it, but haven't seen anything on that.
The Toronto car show starts a week today and given Gentry will be there I plan to go for a visit and hopefully get some updates at the same time. I would imagine they and or Lotus will have pressed to have info for visitors at the show and even perhaps have their dealer demo in time to have at the show. I will be going on opening day so can update if there’s no info by then.

Random question, speaking of Canaidialand. Does anyone remember James from Throttle House's username (Youtuber) on here? I wonder if he's been popping on here checking the rumor mill about his Canadian order... Great Emira video BTW. Love those guys.
(I have to say, I was quite annoyed when he said he had already ordered and I had deposited before him and hadn't yet. But mine's sitting at the dealer now, so ha! Take that James! 😁)
They will also be at the car show opening day next Friday…

lol I was just watching an Extra Throttle House video for the Cayman GTS 4.0 and he mentioned his Emira order in it as well.

Somewhat related, I literally just got a call from my Porsche dealership that I’ve received a May allocation for a Cayman GTS 4.0. I have an existing deposit and allocation in an i4 FE, but that’s not showing up anytime soon. Also, in Canada, the i4 FE is CAD$129k optioned out, before any fees like PDI, etc. Seriously considering jumping ship to the Cayman for less money.
My friend who knows I was a July 21 deposit told me he got a GT4RS allocation a month ago and called me this week to tell me he already got his VIN to rub it in 🤣. He still says my Emira isn’t real lol.

I placed my initial $5k deposit Oct 3 2022 with gentry toronto.

Since then zero on comms.

I wish I had an order at least in. I don't even feel like a customer.
I would think you’d be coming up for an order “soon”. Who did you deal with there? I’d suggest reaching out to them or dropping by to see where you stand.

Lotus is going to surprise us all and come out with some dumbass number. Im guessing base is around 90k.
90K for the i4 MAYBE. But in all honesty, the way I see new car pricing coming out - I wouldn't count on it. Remember these prices came out in 2021 for F/E 1.0. We are looking at 2025 for Base deliveries! 4 years later and all that is going in the world, betting on a much lower MSRP is not the what I would take at the moment.

I don't know. Considering that Johnstone said flat out that they were going to discontinue the Emira in 2028, and Lotus has said they have enough orders for the FE for 3 years of production, and that's BEFORE the cars hit the streets in the U.S., will they even bother with any other model? If their production capacity is already accounted for through 2027, why would they come out with another model?

I think they're making a big mistake by not only discontinuing the most successful car they've ever had, but going 100% into electric when everybody else is scaling back. Ford said they lost over $4 billion on EV's last year and are scaling way back. GM said they lost over $1 billion last year on EV's and they too are scaling back. Both are restarting ICE production. Toyota never bought into the all-in-for-EV craze; they went hybrid, and they didn't lose any money at all, in fact they've made a lot of money. Their stock is up too as a result.

If Lotus was to play it smart (I know, it's Lotus) they'd keep the Emira, go hybrid for another 10 years, and see how the technology develops not only for batteries, but for electricity production. Wind and solar farms aren't cutting it, especially in the colder climates. The governments need to get on the ball and start building power generation plants, and that's going to take at least 10 years, if not longer.

Having a few spin off model is relatively cheap to make but easy to put a premium on. They will likely make GT for the street version of some kind. Lotus hasn't exactly been held to their word on much. They are likely to postpone going all electric. After seeing what everyone is going through. But we know they're slow to respond to things.