• The September 2024 Lotus Emira Photo of the Month contest is underway! Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 September 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

USA/Canada Delivery Thread

11 additional units arrived this week to the Port of Baltimore on the vessel Atlantic Sail.

View attachment 36909

This brings the total US imported count of Emira FE V6 6MT to 531 units.

[edit] And it appears that my own unit is on this one! Very exciting.
So, still non-CARB state dealer cars...

Ok, I’ll say it. The only good thing about Lotus keeping us in the dark for so long is it created an interesting forum. All the rumors, speculation, etc…now we’re all just quietly waiting and hoping they get it right this time. Really nothing more to say until after Feb 12th, is there?

Ok, I’ll say it. The only good thing about Lotus keeping us in the dark for so long is it created an interesting forum. All the rumors, speculation, etc…now we’re all just quietly waiting and hoping they get it right this time. Really nothing more to say until after Feb 12th, is there?
Feb 12 - march 12 is the range so I think we should all mentally prepare for March 12th and hope to be pleasantly surprised

Feb 12 - march 12 is the range so I think we should all mentally prepare for March 12th and hope to be pleasantly surprised
With regard to delivery schedules, the ship called "Pleasantly Surprised" last sailed in early 2023 and will not be docking here again. I believe it ran aground on an island named Reasonable Expectations.

Last edited:
I haven’t received my “free” gift yet, but I suppose like everything Lotus, it’ll get here, when it gets here.

However, it doesn’t escape me that somebody has been sitting on my $10,000 deposit for close to 3 years. I’m getting 5.3% in my money market. So let’s say the average deposit is $5000, and at 3.25%, and 2 years, that’s $325 in interest. I would say the least Lotus should do is send out a hat and book.

Yes, some people are never satisfied (when getting abused).

I haven’t received my “free” gift yet, but I suppose like everything Lotus, it’ll get here, when it gets here.

However, it doesn’t escape me that somebody has been sitting on my $10,000 deposit for close to 3 years. I’m getting 5.3% in my money market. So let’s say the average deposit is $5000, and at 3.25%, and 2 years, that’s $325 in interest. I would say the least Lotus should do is send out a hat and book.

I’m still unsure if the deposit money went to Lotus or is being held by the dealers….

I, for one, am beyond satisfied with the amount of abuse I've received so far. Lotus holds the record in this metric.

My own little "care package" arrived today. Fresh from Taobao. They claim it's leather, but it's definitely "leather". For about $10 each, I'm okay.

20240208_110628.jpg

They need something to talk down on while they’re getting their bolts tightened for $2k every couple of years.

My 4C needed a $10k transmission replacement, out of warranty, at 15k miles. Previous owner foot the bill then sold it to me afterwards.
That's the.main.reason.i.didnt buy the 4c
..carbon fiber tub.. needs bolts tightened every year or.so
.Dealership fail to mention or are clueless..to.this huge maintenance item..

Reactions: JAY
With regard to delivery schedules, the ship called "Pleasantly Surprised" last sailed in early 2023 and will not be docking here again. I believe it ran aground on an island ca)led Reasonable Expectations.
Aren't we all booked on a group charter called Broken Promises?

You guys got promises?
I say this tongue and cheek, but my sales rep when I ordered the car openly told me that based on history it could take years for them to arrive if they ever do. It was the most honest and least reassuring statement I've ever encountered from a sales person.

I say this tongue in cheek, but my sales rep when I ordered the car openly told me that based on history it could take years for them to arrive if they ever do. It was the most honest and least reassuring statement I've ever encountered from a sales person.
Must be a legacy dealership. Lotus has never been much for product launches but everyone forgets about the nonsense after the cars arrive.

You guys got promises?
Yes, something about anyone who wants an FE can get one, the price you saw at deposit is the price you'll pay, and worth the wait.
( if you don't mind waiting).

Create an account or login to comment

Join now to leave a comment enjoy browsing the site ad-free!

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back