• The September 2024 Lotus Emira Photo of the Month contest is underway! Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 September 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

USA/Canada Delivery Thread

called Lotus of Dallas again to ask some questions. here is a summary of my answers

• order #104
  • 80ish are FE
  • my September expected date is probably now October 2024 (july 2023 order date)
  • i expected to lock in my order around May, now its March
  • base configurator soon?!? would need to be for me to finalize order in March...
  • they said it takes 4 months between submitting order to getting started on the manufacturing and then 2-3 months until its at the dealer.

called Lotus of Dallas again to ask some questions. here is a summary of my answers

• order #104
  • 80ish are FE
  • my September expected date is probably now October 2024 (july 2023 order date)
  • i expected to lock in my order around May, now its March
  • base configurator soon?!? would need to be for me to finalize order in March...
  • they said it takes 4 months between submitting order to getting started on the manufacturing and then 2-3 months until its at the dealer.
I would be surprised if anyone would be ordering a base model in March. I’m guessing you may get an F/E V6.

FEs for EVERYONE!!!!
oprah-winfrey.gif

I would be surprised if anyone would be ordering a base model in March. I’m guessing you may get an F/E V6.
i have such mixed feelings about this cuz i think theres a good chance the base configurator has something new to consider. more options of some sort, like maybe some OEM carbon fiber.

im also still holding out hope to get a stripe on my manual wheel 🤞

i have such mixed feelings about this cuz i think theres a good chance the base configurator has something new to consider. more options of some sort, like maybe some OEM carbon fiber.

im also still holding out hope to get a stripe on my manual wheel 🤞
Yeah I’m pretty sure my wife is going to be out. She ordered a yellow one and shes definitely second guessing now with everything that has been mentioned 100 times in here. One of the other things is colors. She doesn’t love the yellow and will be pissed if the base config comes out and there is a better color option.

I think people will be surprised by the cost of the options and what a fully loaded base edition is going to cost. The base MSRP will obviously be lower, but by the time all the boxes are ticked off I would imagine a healthy 10-15K more than current F/E price. My estimate.

I think people will be surprised by the cost of the options and what a fully loaded base edition is going to cost. The base MSRP will obviously be lower, but by the time all the boxes are ticked off I would imagine a healthy 10-15K more than current F/E price. My estimate.
I would think it's probably closer to 5K higher than FE prices. I would guess $90k base starting price and $110k fully equipped with same features as FE. All prices USD. The attraction, of course, is that you can get a base car for "only" $90k that has all of the performance and lighter weight.

I would think it's probably closer to 5K higher than FE prices. I would guess $90k base starting price and $110k fully equipped with same features as FE. All prices USD. The attraction, of course, is that you can get a base car for "only" $90k that has all of the performance and lighter weight.
I'll throw my hat in the ring on speculation bingo. I think yours would make sense if they could say $89,999 and try to say it's in the 80s. But I think realistically they will do $95K base, which is still significantly under the FE2.0 pricing, and makes FE1.0 feel like a real deal. Fully loaded base up to $120K.

So like right in the middle where a barebones is savings for you, and a fully loaded is more money for Lotus over the FEs.

so about.$5k more.than fe2?
I'm just scraping by to get.this.. going.into debt..
Lots of.options out there.

You can get a used Gallardo (coupe or spyder) with 10k to 30k.. (kms) 2008 to 2010 for
$135k to $160k (CAD) plus tax.
My neighbor is American living here and he got a Gallardo spyder a couple years ago is a 2008 50k kms for $100k USD
Most are no accident. You can get a rebuilt 2011 2012 for $160k with say 20k kms
Nothing like that v10 sound.

The Canadian Configurator pricing was $119k for FE1 then got bumped to $129k for FE2.
What do you think the base price will be with full options?
I was hoping no more than $129k. lol. It was already tight for me at $119k plus tax and luxury tax then went up another $10k. I told my dealer I might have to pull out if it goes up again. I was also hoping there wasn't a ADM added as well. I don't think there is currently.
My budget was $150k all in the beginning when i placed the deposit.(I was also in a better financial shape).... then I convinced the wife to go to $160k. I just retired so money is tighter. I also have to buy my wife a daily driver and replace our old minivan. Another van is at least $60 to $75k nuts..
So trying to come up with $235k (loan) will be hard. Especially since my variable rate mortgage basically doubled my payments. And almost zero goes to principle. Maybe $15 to$20 a month goes principle out of almost $6k. lol.

Last edited:
Since this is the USA/Canada delivery thread, anyone know anything about cars coming into Canada? Maybe I've missed it, but haven't seen anything on that.

so about.$5k more.than fe2?
I'm just scraping by to get.this.. going.into debt..
Lots of.options out there.

Can get a used Galla
ĥ to 2011÷±
My pricing estimates was USD - just to keep it consisten. If you’re good with base options, it will be less than F/E 2.0. Just depends how you want it.

Random question, speaking of Canaidialand. Does anyone remember James from Throttle House's username (Youtuber) on here? I wonder if he's been popping on here checking the rumor mill about his Canadian order... Great Emira video BTW. Love those guys.
(I have to say, I was quite annoyed when he said he had already ordered and I had deposited before him and hadn't yet. But mine's sitting at the dealer now, so ha! Take that James! 😁)

Random question, speaking of Canaidialand. Does anyone remember James from Throttle House's username (Youtuber) on here? I wonder if he's been popping on here checking the rumor mill about his Canadian order... Great Emira video BTW. Love those guys.
(I have to say, I was quite annoyed when he said he had already ordered and I had deposited before him and hadn't yet. But mine's sitting at the dealer now, so ha! Take that James! 😁)
lol I was just watching an Extra Throttle House video for the Cayman GTS 4.0 and he mentioned his Emira order in it as well.

Somewhat related, I literally just got a call from my Porsche dealership that I’ve received a May allocation for a Cayman GTS 4.0. I have an existing deposit and allocation in an i4 FE, but that’s not showing up anytime soon. Also, in Canada, the i4 FE is CAD$129k optioned out, before any fees like PDI, etc. Seriously considering jumping ship to the Cayman for less money.

Last edited:
lol I was just watching an Extra Throttle House video for the Cayman GTS 4.0 and he mentioned his Emira order in it as well.

Somewhat related, I literally just got a call from my Porsche dealership that I’ve received a May allocation for a Cayman GTS 4.0. I have an existing deposit and allocation in an i4 FE, but that’s not showing up anytime soon. Also, in Canada, the i4 FE is $129k optioned out, before any fees like PDI, etc. Seriously considering jumping ship to the Cayman for less money.
How is the i4 F/E 129K....that is the price of the V6 F/E

I was under the impression it was 10-15K less for i4? Have you made the second deposit on the i4 and submitted a build?